Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think this was actually a plot point in Johns' Adventure Comics run where Conner was constantly testing himself to see whether he was acting more like Superman or more like Luthor.
    Things Lex Luthor Does
    Lies to Superman ✅

I loved that moment. I liked how he resolved that conflict too iirc he burned both lists and accepted that he’s his own man, not a copy of Supes or Lex.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Things Lex Luthor Does
    Lies to Superman ✅

I loved that moment. I liked how he resolved that conflict too iirc he burned both lists and accepted that he’s his own man, not a copy of Supes or Lex.
    Yes and No:

Problem was that after all these years he still comes up with such a list even he died and came back etc.

Second Problem was that this issue was the probably the last good thing for Conner I remind from Pre-Flashpoint:
    -He lost his GF
    -I didnt like his last Solo-Series
    -It was close to NEW52
    -the TT didnt exist anymore

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Superman is a bonafide G! This issue was AMAZING! I haven't had this much fun reading a Superman issue in years. We need a far better artist on this title, but damn if this wasn't a great story!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I feel like nobody in prime continuity asks "let's hit his family. What's the worst he's gonna do, enslave the human race?... Oh god, he can enslave the human race. Let's go play skeeball instead."

I just want to see the hench who says it and gets canned for being too smart to hench.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    Superman is a bonafide G! This issue was AMAZING! I haven't had this much fun reading a Superman issue in years. We need a far better artist on this title, but damn if this wasn't a great story!
    Yep, DC and Marvel's love of romita jr will always suck.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep, DC and Marvel's love of romita jr will always suck.
    I keep hoping he'd get of this arc soon only to find out he's still going, so frustrating!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Personally I’d make Conner way more skilled at being underhanded and manipulative than Clark is allowed to be these days. Like Silver Age Superman.
    You mean like being the one to suggest to Jon and Clark that they speak the mob's language by asking Jon's friend from the future to make a shrink ray to scare the hell out of the mob?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I feel like nobody in prime continuity asks "let's hit his family. What's the worst he's gonna do, enslave the human race?... Oh god, he can enslave the human race. Let's go play skeeball instead."

I just want to see the hench who says it and gets canned for being too smart to hench.
    Yeah, once I would like to see something like that scene from Dark Knight but with Superman, "You know this man is one of the strongest and most well connected superhuman on the entire planet, and your plan is to threaten this man's wife and best friend....good luck"

Actually I believe that it was Young Justice, but it may have been a comic as well, that basically said villains don't attack spouses and children because they don't want to trip the nuclear option, that in doing so the most powerful people on the planet would not hesitate to come at them. Villains need to think like that more.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-22-2020 at 07:26 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah, once I would like to see something like that scene from Dark Knight but with Superman, "You know this man is one of the strongest and most well connected superhuman on the entire planet, and your plan is to threaten this man's wife and best friend....good luck"
    That was literally the Invisible Mafia's whole deal till Clark and Lois exposed Leone, and Cloud realized she could match him. They'd specifically leave Lois alone (not even allowing her name to be said out loud), and they wouldn't ever engage in battle with Superman, but rather they'd only operate while he was distracted or away.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    That was literally the Invisible Mafia's whole deal till Clark and Lois exposed Leone, and Cloud realized she could match him. They'd specifically leave Lois alone (not even allowing her name to be said out loud), and they wouldn't ever engage in battle with Superman, but rather they'd only operate while he was distracted or away.
    Fair, that is why I actually liked the idea of the invisible mafia. I honestly hope it gets adapted into tv or an animated movie, its a good premise.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah and then they grabbed the idiot ball and ran with it. I don't know, it feels a lot like all that caution went into the wind because someone poked a bear and lived but didn't realize that the bear had no interest in eating them, so now they want to starve the bear and poke it because lulz we can beat the bear.

It just feels like they've lost their minds for want of revenge, which is certainly possible, but a bit underwhelming for an organization that has controlled operation in Metropolis for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah and then they grabbed the idiot ball and ran with it. I don't know, it feels a lot like all that caution went into the wind because someone poked a bear and lived but didn't realize that the bear had no interest in eating them, so now they want to starve the bear and poke it because lulz we can beat the bear.

It just feels like they've lost their minds for want of revenge, which is certainly possible, but a bit underwhelming for an organization that has controlled operation in Metropolis for so long.
    They're backed against the wall and have been totally outed, so their whole way of functioning, and the thing that made them effective is gone. All they have left is Red Cloud's ability to match Clark. Goode is unstable and coming out of a bit of a crisis of self, and Leone has bet all her chips on her, so she's gotta back her even though Leone seems to inherently resist Goode's brashness. She's also off balance due to Clark changing the game with the identity reveal, and it's made him harder to predict (in her mind).

All that's left is the war. Both Goode and Leone have made it clear that they won't be driven out of their own city by an alien especially not in such a public way.

Ultimately it's Goode's fault. She got too cocky after seeing what she could do, and her ambition impressed Leone so much that it clouded Leone's otherwise solid judgement.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-22-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Actually I believe that it was Young Justice, but it may have been a comic as well, that basically said villains don't attack spouses and children because they don't want to trip the nuclear option, that in doing so the most powerful people on the planet would not hesitate to come at them. Villains need to think like that more.
    It was in YOUNG JUSTICE ANIME:

The Ocean-Master (Orm) waited in the house next to Iris West II house where the children and wifes met.
    However Talia arrived and she killed Orm..

I LOVED it when the Tornado Twins run in the house and Bart runs behind them, lifts up his dad (as baby) and his aunt.
    One of the best moments in YJ..

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I keep hoping he'd get of this arc soon only to find out he's still going, so frustrating!
    Unfortunately he and Bendis are tight since they both worked together on Avengers. I think he’ll be sticking around for the long haul which sucks because I was really enjoying the artists Action was acquiring before.

They're backed against the wall and have been totally outed, so their whole way of functioning, and the thing that made them effective is gone. All they have left is Red Cloud's ability to match Clark. Goode is unstable and coming out of a bit of a crisis of self, and Leone has bet all her chips on her, so she's gotta back her even though Leone seems to inherently resist Goode's brashness. She's also off balance due to Clark changing the game with the identity reveal, and it's made him harder to predict (in her mind).

All that's left is the war. Both Goode and Leone have made it clear that they won't be driven out of their own city by an alien especially not in such a public way.

Ultimately it's Goode's fault. She got too cocky after seeing what she could do, and her ambition impressed Leone so much that it clouded Leone's otherwise solid judgement.
    And I get that. I just wish that we weren't making it yet another story of hubris being what did them in. Makes it more about the villains screwing up than Clark foiling them. It's fine, I'm not really all that bothered, but I will admit it was disappointing to see that's where it's leading.