Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    You mean like being the one to suggest to Jon and Clark that they speak the mob's language by asking Jon's friend from the future to make a shrink ray to scare the hell out of the mob?
    Yep that was exactly what I was thinking of. I hope that kind of characterization carries forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep that was exactly what I was thinking of. I hope that kind of characterization carries forward.

Me 2,Bendis needs to make it a point to make Conner different than Jon

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Me 2,Bendis needs to make it a point to make Conner different than Jon
    Actually it should be the other way round
    making JON more different...

Conner actually had a great characterization during the Johns TT era in which he grew up etc. and I always see Conner as the "young wild lion" of the family.
    Clark actually described him as cooler than him once.

So I see Conner actually as the wild lion of the family with a bigger variety of attacks because of TTK...

I LIKED Jon as kid, but I dont see a role for him, besides the one with which he started (the kid Superboy)

I DONT LIKE the actual writing of Jon and Conner, BUT! Conner has the chance to become a great, sucessfull character with right writing,characterization and some adjustments.
    For TEENAGE Jon I actually dont see a role/characterization which would make me interested in reading him...

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

As if teen jon has any role or personality to begin with. He is clark kent 2.0.It's not conner i fear jon will become a copy of, Its clark. Bendis has done nothing to distinguish jon and clark.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-23-2020 at 01:35 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    As if teen jon needs has any role or personality to begin with. He is clark kent 2.0.It's not conner i fear jon will become a copy of, Its clark. Bendis has done nothing to distinguish jon and clark.
    Yes I was talking about TEEN Jon.

What I wanted to say is:
    Clark has his role, Conner has his role/identity etc. as Teen and I can see him as adult.

I dont find the actual TEEN Jon interesting and I cant also see a role for him as adult to make him interesting, if I look at him at the moment.

So for JONATHAN SAMUEL KENT I wish that he returns to be a kid, because he was awesome as kid in SuperSons,TT etc. but I didnt like him afterwards and I dont see a role for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Yes I was talking about TEEN Jon.

What I wanted to say is:
    Clark has his role, Conner has his role/identity etc. as Teen and I can see him as adult.

I dont find the actual TEEN Jon interesting and I cant also see a role for him as adult to make him interesting, if I look at him at the moment.

So for JONATHAN SAMUEL KENT I wish that he returns to be a kid, because he was awesome as kid in SuperSons,TT etc. but I didnt like him afterwards and I dont see a role for him.
    There is plenty you can do to distinguish an adult jon from clark and let alone conner. Superman is a typical "superhero" . For starters, Jon could go for the battle shonen-esque feel. That is, He should be modelled more after goku (the character most battle manga heroes are modelled after) , than "classic" superman. I would go for a mix of "friendly neighbourhood" spiderman and golden superman, than silverage superman(which is the current characterisation.But the kid simply does not feel like the man of tomorrow ) . There is plenty of roles for adult jon that clark nor conner can fulfill.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-23-2020 at 01:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

The fact that no one of note aspires to be like modern Superman should tell you how little he actually inspires anyone.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

There is plenty you can do to distinguish an adult jon from clark and let alone conner. Superman is a typical "superhero" . For starters, Jon could go for the battle shonen-esque feel. That is, He should be modelled more after goku (the character most battle manga heroes are modelled after) , than "classic" superman. I would go for a mix of "friendly neighbourhood" spiderman and golden superman, than silverage superman(which is the current characterisation.But the kid simply does not feel like the man of tomorrow ) . There is plenty of roles for adult jon that clark nor conner can fulfill.
    Hey Gohan .
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    The fact that no one of note aspires to be like modern Superman should tell you how little he actually inspires anyone.
    Are we talking real-life or in the comics? I think deep down even Batman wishes he were more like Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hey Gohan .

Are we talking real-life or in the comics? I think deep down even Batman wishes he were more like Superman.
    Adult gohan wouldn't be something good for jon. It would just make the kid irrelevant.I would want the kid to be out breaking limits through work.

Why does batman want to be like superman? Especially, if he is written to be a torchlight in broad daylight. Batman can do everything superman can and look good while doing it. That's the current universe.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-23-2020 at 11:12 PM.

Mighty Member

Which roles?

Conner is the one who can fullfill many roles:
    -ROLE 1: Like Dante from "Devil May Cry" the stylish, cool, trash-talking Superhero
    -ROLE 2: Nightwing of the Super-Family, the one who is the mediator between JL,Titans,TT etc. and being the one who replaces Clark if needed
    -ROLE 3: being a Superman who doesnt see everything in white and black, but also uses yellow lantern rings for example, because its only a method for him
    -ROLE 4: this is a role based on Animes/Mangas who have characters who are like the main-character (similar strong etc.) but with different attitude etc.
    like Vegeta is to Son Goku, Hyuga to Tsubasa.....

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Which roles?

Conner is the one who can fullfill many roles:
    -ROLE 1: Like Dante from "Devil May Cry" the stylish, cool, trash-talking Superhero
    -ROLE 2: Nightwing of the Super-Family, the one who is the mediator between JL,Titans,TT etc. and being the one who replaces Clark if needed
    -ROLE 3: being a Superman who doesnt see everything in white and black, but also uses yellow lantern rings for example, because its only a method for him
    -ROLE 4: this is a role based on Animes/Mangas who have characters who are like the main-character (similar strong etc.) but with different attitude etc.
    like Vegeta is to Son Goku, Hyuga to Tsubasa.....
    You are talking about the standard rival dynamics. Yeah! Conner doesn't have any anime aesthetic nor does he use any troupe. Conner is nothing like vegeta. Zod or batman is more like vegeta(if you had to really try to fit a parallel which doesn't exist).

This is what a rival character generally is. Its either hot head who is generally badass or cool, calm, mysterious, intelligent/talented dude. Sometimes it's a mix. Superman doesn't have a vegeta,really .
    Talking trash isn't something a standard Shonen hero is known for. Ofcourse there are guys that do.I haven't seen conner mediate between anything(i will take your word for it) . Most Shonen heroes do see their world in black and white based on their ethical and moral value system they built. For ex, Goku might not care if anyone gets killed in a fight. But, he would care if someone cheats and wins. Luffy wouldn't like his journey(don't get in his way) to be interrupted, restricting freedom on the high sea or the mystery being unravelled. Naruto generally doesn't like people who doesn't have individuality(tools), manipulative jackasses, complacency or people who think they can do everything on their own.

What i am talking about is jon should be about ethical competition and working to get better at things. As said, spiderman has that element. Selfish choice is his first choice, then the altruistic one. Like goldenage superman, who broke his limit by constantly challenging himself.Jon should be a mix of these two. The standard shonen or even action hero troupes are training, breaking limits, ... Etc. "classic" superman isn't about training or working to get better.He is pretty much complacent, in my view. He has everything he wants. Even conner now has everything he wants, generally.And conner was built to replace him and might succeed him. Jon on the other hand should be about surpassing him. "The son surpasses the father" . Jon should be about training and mischievous adventures. He should be about breaking limits.He can be superdick sometimes too.

"this is the part where i say i told you so"
    "you can't beat him"
    "sure, i can. I will just train harder than ever"
    "no, goku. You can overcome any limit put in front of you. But, his power has no limits. Even if you found the power to surpass him. You wouldn't have anything to aspire too. Do you really want that? "
    "nah! Sounds boring"

This explains what differentiates goku from superman, at the end. Jon should be a modelled after goku, not superman. He shouldn't be a sun god like conner or clark. Jon should be about the idea of surpassing superman through hardwork and dedication. If he does, then the story ends. Point blank. The journey is what matters and every journey has an end.Btw! Jon on the otherhand does have a rival. It's damian. He has a goal to be better than his father.Supersons are about the father-son dynamics . These are standard shonen troupes.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-24-2020 at 08:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Can anyone tell me why everyone has become Kyūbi's Jinchūriki? Superman breaks as soon as he loses someone, it hurts the character a lot, I know more than one who doesn't like Superman, because he gives speeches but the problem he has , he gives up. DC is aware of the problem (you don't have to be a genius to know that they harm Superman) and they still do. we should ask ourselves why.
    Naruto doesnt exist in my Superman. Whats a naruto? Sounds lame.

That's funny, kyuubi is used for showing how naruto never gives up. That no matter what monsters he fights inside. He will never go back on his word and the dream of a better, peaceful world. Here, its the opposite. Everything is used to rob the credit and focus from the protagonist on to his world. Superman has just become a product of the society. Naruto rose above the society to achieve his goal from an orphan jinchuuriki hated by the society. Naruto had nothing and rose the ranks. Superman has everything and will continue to have it.Superman became a Man who has everything.That's opposite of what a superman should be.
    Naruto doesnt exist.

(not unlike nar*** )
    no.

That's the only way it can be interpreted with this superman, now. Silverage superman actually didn't have anything.His parents were dead, his friends didn't know him, his love interest was after superman... Etc.Alan moore's story was inspired by superman#141. There is a real sense of loneliness in kal. The loneliness is one of the reasons he is superman. He wanted to connect with people as he was an alien in hiding on earth. It's like n]
    stop.
    Last edited by SpideyCeo; 07-24-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Both. Who he is as a person just seems completely unappealing to most people. Fans of Jon and Kon-El desperately want to be nothing like the character because he seems boring. Most of the things people want from the character were created in the Pre-Crisis days.

The concept of Batman wanting to be like Superman, at least these days is nothing more than lip services. Bruce has probably too many kids at this point, he's had more romances than you can shake a stick at, and Clark's adoptive parents exist yet again because people think modern Superman is boring without them. Modern Batman has pretty much nothing to gain from being like modern Superman, no character does.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Naruto doesnt exist in my Superman. Whats a naruto? Sounds lame.

Naruto doesnt exist.

no.

stop.
    Naruto not existing wouldn't make the current superman the guy in "for the man who has everything". That guy got erased.You should be asking "whatever happened to the man of tomorrow? ".
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-24-2020 at 10:22 AM.