Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Replicate the feat

Which of the below characters can replicate this feat of Superman shattering a planet by jumping off from the planet.

https://i.postimg.cc/Z56KcZLD/690909...6253-JUSTL.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/ZqcbGc28/690909...1646-JUSTL.jpg

Thor
    Gladiator
    World Breaker Hulk
    Superboy Prime
    Thanos

Prime, certainly. He's an amped up version of that Superman.

Everyone but Thor I'm guessing.

Edit: cross WB Hulk off list outside of outside of dark dimension and wishing well magic.
    Last edited by Cronus; 07-19-2020 at 07:57 PM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

There is a difference between busting a planet by punching it and busting one as a side effect of leaping off it and Gladiator doesnt really have the kind of feats for the latter , even setting aside the "Superman was on the dregs of his power" thing here

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Prime, certainly. He's an amped up version of that Superman.
    Although narratively Prime was a Pre Crisis Superman, by feats and actual events he was all over the place

His strength, though is pretty salutary I guess, even if (quite) far from the heights of Pre Crisis Superman

BANNED

Considering the planet in question appears to be much smaller than even our Moon, everyone listed could replicate it except for maybe Gladiator and Thor and in Thors case mostly because he isn't a character known for having much force in his jumping, but he could crack that planet any other way easily.

Thanos could crack it with a single step let alone a jump and so would WBH, in fact they could do it to planets around Earth size.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 07-23-2020 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Considering the planet in question appears to be much smaller than even our Moon, everyone listed could replicate it except for maybe Gladiator and Thor and in Thors case mostly because he isn't a character known for having much force in his jumping, but he could crack that planet any other way easily.

Thanos could crack it with a single step let alone a jump and so would WBH, in fact they could do it to planets around Earth size.
    What are you basing your size estimates off of?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Likely...not outside of wishing well magic for Hulk. So, not really.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Why not Gladiator?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    What are you basing your size estimates off of?
    The crater left after Forger slammed him into the ground, that was seen from far away space and up close that didn't look like it was more than maybe 5-6 meters in diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Likely...not outside of wishing well magic for Hulk. So, not really.
    What does wishing well magic have to do with it? When did Hulk wish to bust a planet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Why not Gladiator?
    Because he doesn't have the feats to suggest he can do something like that, the character is wildly inconsistent and has been rather underwhelming in quite some time.

Because he doesn't have the feats to suggest he can do something like that, the character is wildly inconsistent and has been rather underwhelming in quite some time.
    Given your standards for other characters, that he punched up a planet and has done things recently like physically overpower Jane Thor would seem to stand him within your requirements for this just fine.

For the record, I don't think Gladiator could do it, just that buddy's standards should mean he could, were he to be consistent with them.

edit: annd he banned, nevermind.

The size of the planet makes no sense as you put. It was specifically designed to trap hundreds of Supermen due to its heavy gravity which trapped them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Given your standards for other characters, that he punched up a planet and has done things recently like physically overpower Jane Thor would seem to stand him within your requirements for this just fine.

For the record, I don't think Gladiator could do it, just that buddy's standards should mean he could, were he to be consistent with them.

edit: annd he banned, nevermind.
    Sorry for the late reply. I dunno what my standards are, but Gladiator 4-shotting a dead world and choking out Jane Thor(he didn't physically overpower her, he just blitzed her while she was distracted and even if he did i dunno what that has to do with busting a planet), doesn't really meet my requirements for having powerful enough legs to destroy a planet by jumping, unless we severely downplay the size of the planet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    The size of the planet makes no sense as you put. It was specifically designed to trap hundreds of Supermen due to its heavy gravity which trapped them.
    The gravity is not what trapped them, Superman literally lost the ability to fly, so every time he jumped he would fall back, cause he couldn't jump far enough.

Sorry for the late reply. I dunno what my standards are, but Gladiator 4-shotting a dead world and choking out Jane Thor(he didn't physically overpower her, he just blitzed her while she was distracted and even if he did i dunno what that has to do with busting a planet), doesn't really meet my requirements for having powerful enough legs to destroy a planet by jumping, unless we severely downplay the size of the planet.
    In order to choke someone out in the manner he did (I think he was just straight grabbing her throat from the front?) you need to be stronger then they are. Otherwise it would be extremely easy to break that kind of grip.

A weaker person can choke a stronger person for sure, but generally only with an actual technique and an advantageous position.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure