Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Except for the fact that there is no implied in text power for WBH busting planet, literally nothing even implies it people just think the magic must have been involved in it rather than accept that a certain character that grows in power has a form that can bust a planet, despite the fact that this isn't even his most powerful form as recently implied in Immortal Hulk.
    See, now this feels like you're trying to use Gladiator to re-litigate the World Breaker stuff from the other thread. It's not really good form to do that, especially since you got kicked from that thread.

As I recall from the discussion, stressing that I have no real interest in getting into this specifically, is that Hulk was charged with magical energy such that we can see it coming of his body, said magical energy had dramatically amped other characters in the story, ergo the feat is to be taken with some salt.

The fact that the Dr Strange story has lots of actual shenanigans going in it, where literal reality warps at times, magic is infused with science, certain characters are literally changed completely, etc... outside of just things contradicting literal canon is at the very least enough to raise some skepticism on that part,
    It really doesn't. It's not relevant to the feat itself. If the story is still apparently canonical then, despite how weird things get in the story, the feats within are fair game. No retcon, no parallel timelines or whatever, it's still in.

especially since Gladiators appearance in the story goes against his larger suit of feats like punching a massively amped Galactus(who at that point even Living Tribunal and Eternity feared) so hard he shakes the bones of everyone in the whole universe and then literally invents abilities he NEVER had like accelerating molecules to burn someones kin or turning atmosphere to plasma, etc...
    Now, this sounds like more of a case than anything else you've said. If, in your opinion, Gladiator is operating wildly above his normally presentation of power, then you have a case that the feats in this story should be kicked under SMvsFL because he's operating outside of his normal bracket of power. The rest of the plot and whatever weirdness occurs in it isn't the issue but what Gladiator does is the crux of it.

People seem to be very selective as to what to be skeptical on and whatnot and it seems to boil down more to the characters themselves, rather than feats.
    I would tread carefully when accusing fellow posters biases, as I advised you when you started posting here in the original WBH thread, you try not to goad people into fights.

In any case, I can only speak for myself and it's the feats that matter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    See, now this feels like you're trying to use Gladiator to re-litigate the World Breaker stuff from the other thread. It's not really good form to do that, especially since you got kicked from that thread.
    I am just replying to you mentioning how WBH got a wish power up, I'd rather save WBH for a thread i wanna make on explaining what happened in WBH and debunking common misconceptions surrounding the feat.

As I recall from the discussion, stressing that I have no real interest in getting into this specifically, is that Hulk was charged with magical energy such that we can see it coming of his body, said magical energy had dramatically amped other characters in the story, ergo the feat is to be taken with some salt.
    Everyone that got doused by the magic well glowed in that energy at the moment they got doused but those wishes never ended up amping them unless they specifically wished for it. Amadeus Cho made 2 wishes and Strange even accuses him of making a 3rd one which Amadeus wont admit and yet at no point was he amped whatsoever, he was still a regular human 19 year old kid, he almost died multiple times in that story and actually died in the end, one of his wishes involved him actually teleporting himself and a group of people out of danger and not only does he not receive any amp from that he doesn't even retain the ability to teleport later on. So lots of "skepticism" coming from the whole WBH thing comes from people not knowing the full story. Yes there were characters that were amped but they were specifically wished to be amped like Fin Fang Foom who wished for himself to have the power to conquer the world and Bi-Beast and Wendigo who Hulk wished would be more of a challenge for him so they got amped. But plenty of other characters made wishes and nothing came out of it in terms of their overall power, Lord Armageddon even wished for Hulk to suffer but he never got amped from wishing that on Hulk and ended up dying in the end just like the rest.

It really doesn't. It's not relevant to the feat itself. If the story is still apparently canonical then, despite how weird things get in the story, the feats within are fair game. No retcon, no parallel timelines or whatever, it's still in.
    So Gladiator inventing new abilities he never had in any other story is all fine?

Now, this sounds like more of a case than anything else you've said. If, in your opinion, Gladiator is operating wildly above his normally presentation of power, then you have a case that the feats in this story should be kicked under SMvsFL because he's operating outside of his normal bracket of power. The rest of the plot and whatever weirdness occurs in it isn't the issue but what Gladiator does is the crux of it.
    It's not that he just operates massively above what he ever has operated at, he literally gains new abilities that are never explained just for that story.

I would tread carefully when accusing fellow posters biases, as I advised you when you started posting here in the original WBH thread, you try not to goad people into fights.

In any case, I can only speak for myself and it's the feats that matter.
    Everyone has a certain degree of bias, myself included, the problem comes from when our bias clouds our judgement of feats or characters.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 08-06-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Thread closed for review.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.