Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How many established DC multiverses are there?

From comics to live action to video games etc., how many established multiverses are there? For example, Arrowverse multiverse, Final Crisis Online game 52 multiverse etc. Also, which continuities are part of the same multiverse and which ones are self contained? For example, Batman 89, 66, DCAU, Super Friends etc. appeared as members of the Batmen of the Multiverse in Brave and the Bold. Is this canon?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Batman 66, Batman 89, the BOP TV show, the 1990 Flash TV show, and Smallville were all considered part of the Arrow-verse multiverse but Smallville also had it's own multiverse AND it's own Crisis so make of that what you will. The DCAU had it's own multiverse. With the Justice Lords and that one universe where Superman teams up with Luthor after Lois is killed. I think we're back to the an infinite multiverse now with the main books but I haven't been following them so I don't know for sure. The Superboy TV show from 30 years ago had it's own sprawling multiverse. The Arrow-verse COIE acknowledged the DCEU with that Ezra Miller appearance.
    Assassinate Putin!

In Brave and the Bold, members of the Batmen of the Multiverse included:

89 Batman
    66 Batman
    DCAU Batman
    Super Friends Batman
    Elseworlds pirate Batman
    The Batman cartoon Batman
    Dark Knight Returns Batman

This seems to imply that they share a multiverse.

In Teen Tians vs TTGO, Trigon or TTG imagined taking Batmen from the multiverse to make them fight each other. That sequence included:

Owlman that seemed to be based on his Crisis on Two Earths counterpart

The Batman show Batman

This might imply that TTG, New 52 animated universe and Teen Titans shows share a multiverse with the above, although it may not be literal.

If we go by these connections (ABC logic), then all these are probably the Arrowverse multiverse. But there are some seeming inconsistencies, for example, in Crisis on Two Earths, the multiverse had Earth-Prime, which was a barren world, did Arrowverse had that before COIE?

It's possible that some of these are different multiverses but rather characters travelled between multiverses, maybe.

Only one !
    All previously named univers are a univers of the DC multiverse.

BANNED

Dark Multiverse
    Media Multiverse
    Maybe the new infinite Multiverse if Diana wins.
    Earth one line seems to multiple Earths
    The soon destroyed 52 Multiverse
    Several stand alone multiverses from video games and other media but are most likley never to be revisited.

Also Earths like Watchmen and the Monkey Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Dark Multiverse
    Media Multiverse
    Maybe the new infinite Multiverse if Diana wins.
    Earth one line seems to multiple Earths
    The soon destroyed 52 Multiverse
    Several stand alone multiverses from video games and other media but are most likley never to be revisited.

Also Earths like Watchmen and the Monkey Earth.
    By media universe, you mean CW Multiverse right?

Do you think the media I listed above such as DCAU, Brave and the Bold, TTG etc. could be a part of this multiverse too? Or do you think those cameos aren't meant to be taken seriously?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusMegatron01 View Post
    By media universe, you mean CW Multiverse right?

Do you think the media I listed above such as DCAU, Brave and the Bold, TTG etc. could be a part of this multiverse too? Or do you think those cameos aren't meant to be taken seriously?
    There are multiple multiverses for media. They have numbers that may not match up, but it's possible similar copies exist in different multiverses.

Morrison said there exists multiple multiverses out of the local 52.

There's also the meta verse and those few Earths Johnns introduced from Doomsday clock.

Also destroyed multiverses like the pre crisis version, the previous 52 before the reboot, and the Wildstorm multiverse

Some Vertigo universes and other stand alone stories have their own Earths.

Hypertime exists but it's broken now. Collection of multiple timelines.

How many?

Uh, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    How many?

Uh, yes.
    What do you mean?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusMegatron01 View Post
    What do you mean?
    The concept of an infinite multiverse means that all universes exist at once. So all the TV shows and movies and comics versions are all part of the larger multiverse itself.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The concept of an infinite multiverse means that all universes exist at once. So all the TV shows and movies and comics versions are all part of the larger multiverse itself.
    I thought Jackalope89 meant that but I wasn't sure.

I think logically that would be the case but canonically, somehow many of them are different. They have different COIEs, different multiverse lore etc. It's kinda like how Marvel and DC multiverses are seperate. Maybe all these multiverses are in the same DC megaverse. That's how I see it. I think Hypertime is something like that but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by OptimusMegatron01; 07-20-2020 at 09:40 AM.

I don't know, too many in my opinion.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Batman 66, Batman 89, the BOP TV show, the 1990 Flash TV show, and Smallville were all considered part of the Arrow-verse multiverse but Smallville also had it's own multiverse AND it's own Crisis so make of that what you will. The DCAU had it's own multiverse. With the Justice Lords and that one universe where Superman teams up with Luthor after Lois is killed. I think we're back to the an infinite multiverse now with the main books but I haven't been following them so I don't know for sure. The Superboy TV show from 30 years ago had it's own sprawling multiverse. The Arrow-verse COIE acknowledged the DCEU with that Ezra Miller appearance.
    Arrowverse's multiverse also includes the comics - the Crisis tie-in comic showed the New 52 Justice League. I'd imagine that numerical designations differ between universes, which explains the Smallville discrepancies.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Arrowverse's multiverse also includes the comics - the Crisis tie-in comic showed the New 52 Justice League. I'd imagine that numerical designations differ between universes, which explains the Smallville discrepancies.
    I thought that wasn't supposed to be the actual 52-verse. Interesting if it is. Do you have a source?

BANNED

Copies or similar earths can exist in different multiverses.