Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Dralokonda View Post
    Also alot of you wanted me to use the arctic giant from the fleischer cartoons. Firstly, in the cartoon its pointed out said creature is apparantly a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Though its much bigger and clearly looks nothing like the real animal. I Have 2 choices, one, portray said creature as accurate to what the real animal supposedly would look like which i actually prefer because i'm a animal lover and a huge dinosaur fan and prefer accuracy, could even establish the beast as a very large evolved version from Dinosaur island, plus i want to break the ideology that feathered dinosaurs are not scary

I don't think that the T Rex was feathered, was he?
    Also I'd prefer sticking to the look of the original Artic Giant and not having it be a real world dinosaur, but it's your film. Although if it's from Dinosaur Island it wouldn't be the Arctic Giant would it?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I don't think that the T Rex was feathered, was he?
    Yes, t-rex was feathered. Original look is godzilla-esque. While that's awesome. It's also not very creative and done to death now. Superman franchise will be better with creative ideas than mundane callbacks, in my opinion. It's one thing for someone like miyazaki to use something from fleischer cartoon for story he was telling (robots) as the tone he was going for fit. So ultimately,(i had said this) it also comes down to the tone of the story, imagination and creativity as well. Actually, the giant was called artic giant. Because he got frozen in ice there.I am assuming that origin story is being used still.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yes, t-rex was feathered. Original look is godzilla-esque. While that's awesome. It's also not very creative and done to death now. Superman franchise will be better with creative ideas than mundane callbacks, in my opinion. It's one thing for someone like miyazaki to use something from fleischer cartoon for story he was telling (robots) as the tone he was going for fit. So ultimately,(i had said this) it also comes down to the tone of the story, imagination and creativity as well. Actually, the giant was called artic giant. Because he got frozen in ice there.I am assuming that origin story is being used still.
    1. When/where/how was it discovered Rex was feathered?
    2. I mean, if you're going to drastically redesign a Superman character, feels like what's the point in reusing it? Just say it's a new monster, not the Artic Giant. Also the Godzilla look is part of the charm/appeal, getting a sort of Godzilla DC stand in, plus the Artic Giant came out like a decade before Godzilla.

1. When/where/how was it discovered Rex was feathered?
    2. I mean, if you're going to drastically redesign a Superman character, feels like what's the point in reusing it? Just say it's a new monster, not the Artic Giant. Also the Godzilla look is part of the charm/appeal, getting a sort of Godzilla DC stand in, plus the Artic Giant came out like a decade before Godzilla.
    Honestly, i am not a dinosaur enthusiast. I remember seeing a YouTube video somewhere sometime ago.
    https://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/din...athered-tyrant
    This is all i've got for now.
    It's a giant reptile with arms and legs, ability to stand upright . That much can still be there. For me, it's just done to death now.like i said, it would depend on the story telling as well. For me, even if godzilla is a global icon. Its part of Japanese culture. its origin is too connected to the nuclear detonation and the trauma of that on japanese minds. Superman beating that up, especially in the current world of countries with nuclear weapons having pissing contests wouldn't sit right. So, that design being used has that problem as well.

Honestly, i am not a dinosaur enthusiast. I remember seeing a YouTube video somewhere sometime ago.
    https://www.amnh.org/exhibitions/din...athered-tyrant
    This is all i've got for now.
    It's a giant reptile with arms and legs, ability to stand upright . That much can still be there. For me, it's just done to death now.like i said, it would depend on the story telling as well. For me, even if godzilla is a global icon. Its part of Japanese culture. its origin is too connected to the nuclear detonation and the trauma of that on japanese minds. Superman beating that up, especially in the current world of countries with nuclear weapons having pissing contests wouldn't sit right. So, that design being used has that problem as well.
    I don't know, it's not really Godzilla, it predates Godzilla, and the Japanese themselves have had Godzilla lose fights and even die, so unless you for some reason put some unneeded racist stuff in there putting a Godzilla-like creature in there to be beaten by Superman should be fine. Plus I don't get the argument that it's been done to death - how often do heroes fight anything resembling Godzilla? But it doesn't matter what I think, ultimately it's your fan film that you're not getting paid for and you're putting your time and energy in, so just make sure that you're happy with it. I'm mostly just saying that from a big fan perspective that the more things resemble how they did in the comics and cartoons the bigger of a kick we get out of it. Why so many fans can't let go of the trunks.

I don't know, it's not really Godzilla, it predates Godzilla, and the Japanese themselves have had Godzilla lose fights and even die, so unless you for some reason put some unneeded racist stuff in there putting a Godzilla-like creature in there to be beaten by Superman should be fine.
    I mean, we are having kingkong vs godzilla and stuff like that happening.Yes, the have by largely kaijus of their own creation. I just appreciate some author's creativity being injected in as well, you know. I like to get a voice from what i am reading. It's just how i always read things like.

I mean, we are having kingkong vs godzilla and stuff like that happening.Yes, the have by largely kaijus of their own creation. I just appreciate some author's creativity being injected in as well, you know. I like to get a voice from what i am reading. It's just how i always read things like.
    Yes, but King Kong is very different from Superman. Kaiju vs kaiju is being done, but heroes vs kaiju isn't. And even a similar design isn't that big a deal - Spider-Man, Deadpool, Deathstroke, Red Hood, all look like they go to the same masks and helmets guy. There's enough differences to avoid confusion, especially for the hardcore fan. But agree, the author/artist should inject their own creativity into it. But just know if you put too much of your own creative style into it, it's really not the character that the fans suggested but an entirely original creation. And there's nothing wrong with that, just as long as you are aware of that and are honest about it. That's all I'm saying.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dralokonda View Post
    Id like Supes in the span of just one day to accomplish 12 amazing tasks while juggling them all with his personal life, any ideas?
    Well incorporate Jon and Lois into the personal life scenes. Maybe have Clark give Jon some advice on a problem that he's having, or tell him a story about his grandpa.

As for the arctic monster, I recommend having it be results by having Clark help the creature with a problem that has driven it out of it's lands, rather than simply being it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    As for the arctic monster, I recommend having it be results by having Clark help the creature with a problem that has driven it out of it's lands, rather than simply being it down.
    Maybe fly it to Dinosaur Island after fighting it when it goes on a rampage after thawing?

Paleontologists have been debating on it for years, fossils show smaller species of dinosaur like velociraptor definately had feathers. One cousin of tyrannosaurus called Dilong was found to possess feathers on its body, but its as small as a german shepard. Whether larger tyrannosaurids like t-rex had feathers has been a subject of debate. Recently a large species of tyrannosaur from asia called Yutyrannus was found with skin that showed it definately had feathers on its body.

While not as big as t-rex ( yutyrannus grew to about 30 feet long from nose to tail while t-rex on average was about 40 feet), its discovery nonetheles shows large species of predatory dinosaur like t-rex may have had feathers. Though skin impressions from t-rex show mostly scales as opposed to what its smaller and asian cousins had, scientists agree if tyrannosaurus had feathers it would be far less covering on its body than yutyrannus

Defintely bro, i'll do that for superman, the main reason i'm doing this is to breathe life into superman again by highlighting as many of his amazing qualities as possible. Maybe even give warner bros creatives an eye opener into how to do the character justice and realise just how much they have screwed him over. Also I remember you suggested i have superman fight a goku esque kind of character, considering how much slaunder the dragonball and anime fanbases love to give superman and all comic book characters, i agree with this.

The character i came up with has the following backstory. He is a practitioner in martial arts, one of the best in the world but he becomes jealous and angry at beings like superman. Due to the fact that all his life he has had to work hard and train his body to become the advanced fighter that he is. Yet an alien like Superman, just comes to his planet with powers far beyond that of any mortal man that he didn't even work hard to earn. Atfirst the fighter openly announces challenges at his competitions for superman to fight him but superman never answers his challenges. He grows frustrated and angry, training each day to better himself. He tries to prove his physical prowess and how all his hard effort has paid off by entering into a caged fight with a angry tiger that he forcefully imported. Only for the animal to maul him to near death, revealing that for all his training and boasting as impressive as humans can be physically, other lifeforms like big cats will always have greater attributes that humans apart from those that have the meta gene will never have. In his despair, he suddenly comes across an amulet that grants him connection to the monkey king sun wu kong (or some other east asian diety or folk being) the entity then grants him superhuman martial arts powers, enough to fight superman. Armed with these new abilities, he kills the tiger that mauled him and sets out to put superman in his place as he believes,

what do you think?

Also, funny, about your idea for a size increasing monster, i just read a superman comic from the 90s where Superman fought and briefly teamed up with Quetzalcoatl, the aztec Serpent god of the Son who displayed the ability to increase his size aswell as control all the elements of nature. Quetzalcoatl even complimented Superman and called him his little brother

Last edited by Dralokonda; 08-10-2020 at 07:51 AM.

If you want a giant Kong/Godzilla style monster, why not just use Titano?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If you want a giant Kong/Godzilla style monster, why not just use Titano?
    Dang! All these giant monsters talk is making me realise superman should form some kind of kaiju league of his own.

Id love to see a crossover between monsterverse and dc. Imagine Godzilla, King Kong and Mothra with all the titans of the monsterverse teaming up with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of the DC heroes to fight darkseid with an army of kaiju lead by a new god upgraded king ghidorah

but id also love a transformers and dc crossover. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman teaming up with Optimus Prime, Megatron and Windblade against Galvatron and Brainiac. Obviously just to point out i'm referencing the IDW g1 comics canon where Megatron joined the autobots after the end of the war and he and Galvatron are 2 completely different individuals with no connection to one another.