Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dralokonda View Post
    I really have no idea how long it is going to be, or how long it is going to take to create, i'm still in the planning stages of the project.
    Then definitely don't plan on doing anything too complicated/major. Just focus on one short scene that can stand by itself, see how it goes and if you can do another short standalone and go from there. Whenever starting out keep it simple and short.

Ok, thankyou for the advice

Ok guys, ive got some ideas, based on your recommendations, so id like to ask your opnion on these ideas for the short film.

Firstly the main antagonist of the film will be the original Superman Ernest Smalley though I will be changing his look and powerset to make him a bigger threat to superman.

Also alot of you wanted me to use the arctic giant from the fleischer cartoons. Firstly, in the cartoon its pointed out said creature is apparantly a Tyrannosaurus Rex. Though its much bigger and clearly looks nothing like the real animal. I Have 2 choices, one, portray said creature as accurate to what the real animal supposedly would look like which i actually prefer because i'm a animal lover and a huge dinosaur fan and prefer accuracy, could even establish the beast as a very large evolved version from Dinosaur island, plus i want to break the ideology that feathered dinosaurs are not scary

I'm also thinking of using it as a side plot to include a character very similar to Budd Roots Meriem Cooper, aka Cavewoman and have her briefly team up with superman in the film.

Also, some of you mentioned the iron giant, i was reading a chapter of the adventures of superman comics and came across a robot apparantly created by jor el that superman befriended and looked very similar to the iron giant, mind if i use him.

what do you guys think so far

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I have a suggestion, If you are using iron giant. Have kid with him, the giant should be gentle and innocent. The giant is made to conquer worlds.So,just change the origin. Have the creator be the same scientist who created doomsday. why do i suggest that? I don't want the character to come of vanilla.I want there to be a choice for the character. To be superman or be a gun.

As for artic giant, i think you should mix it up a bit not just pure animal look. Feathers can be excellent. Give the creature an elemental ability like fire or lightning .Just a pure t-rex would be very unimaginative. A bit of horror feel to it would be awesome. Have you played dark souls or read berserk? If you are putting in monsters. Those would be an excellent reference point.Ofcourse, the story you have in mind will also determine what you want.Also, artic giant being ginormous would be a plus.

Here is something for size comparison.

A giant lizard the size of the planet vs superman.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-08-2020 at 07:52 AM.

I'm not a game person and i avoid anime and manga for personal reasons, how about something between either ray harryhausen's the beast from 20000 fathoms
    and that one kryptonian dragon superman fought in the new 52 comics.

Any chance i could possibly sneak meriem in there?

Or better yet, something along the lines of the deadly spawn

I'm not a game person and i avoid anime and manga for personal reasons, how about something between either ray harryhausen's the beast from 20000 fathoms
    and that one kryptonian dragon superman fought in the new 52 comics.

Any chance i could possibly sneak meriem in there?
    Those look good.It would be fine. The second design especially. If the thing can comtrol its size. That would be big bonus. Superman and the giant should be both be limitless entities of strength and size respectively.
    Or better yet, something along the lines of the deadly spawn
    This one looks fantastic.

Or maybe something along the lines of the creature from the movie beyond white space

But obviously scaled to something akin to how big brainiac's ship was in the new 52

Yeah! Now, That's what i am talking about. Those are awesome.Superman should feel like a tiny spec taking on something unearthly entity. Yet, he is superman. The champion of the earth. There is this story in hindu flood myth. It's about a fish that can occupy the size of its container. If put in a bowl. It will grow to that size. If put in a pond. It will grow to that size. If put in the ocean. It will grow to the size of the ocean. This fish is an avatar of vishnu, btw. So, that's what i had in mind for the artic giant. A lizard that can grow in size limitlessly so the structures cannot even hold it anymore. Like, superman becomes stronger and stronger limitlessly that structures become fragile to him.i wouldn't absolutely make artic giant "evil". It's more amoral. Its struggle should be sympathetic. Especially, for someone like clark. Clark would need to find a home for it. Not necessarily subdue it. Later on, the giant will repay its debt.
    For me superman, should have two types if villains. One are victims of the system and structures. The other is the corrupt powerful. Victims need help and a new path. The corrupt powerful that exploit the weak and make up the structures for that purposes, need to be taken on.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-09-2020 at 12:53 AM.