Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Moro a legit Jiren / Beerus (anime versions) level of power? I'm not sure how the Manga stacks up.
    Not even close. For starters it has a lot less instances of characters becoming stronger, but most importantly the manga lacks any universal feat aside from the weird one-off nonsensical shockwaves (and Zen'o).

Zamasu becoming the universe, Beerus and Champa threatening to destroy it, Goku and Beerus threatening to blow it up with a regular clash of energy blasts, Vegeta's base form ignoring SSJ3 Gotenks, etc. None of those showings that made the universal status of (again, non-Zen'o) DBS characters consistent are in the manga, so the shockwaves are left as a massive outlier that can be dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Off the top of my head, Shen Long and Porunga couldn't teleport or resurrect Goku without his permission,
    That one is just an explicit limitation of the Dragon Balls where they can't affect anyone more powerful than their creator without their consent.
    Last edited by Siriel; 07-23-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Not even close. For starters it has a lot less instances of characters becoming stronger, but most importantly the manga lacks any universal feat aside from the weird one-off nonsensical shockwaves (and Zen'o).

Zamasu becoming the universe, Beerus and Champa threatening to destroy it, Goku and Beerus threatening to blow it up with a regular clash of energy blasts, Vegeta's base form ignoring SSJ3 Gotenks, etc. None of those showings that made the universal status of (again, non-Zen'o) DBS characters consistent are in the manga, so the shockwaves are left as a massive outlier that can be dismissed.

That one is just an explicit limitation of the Dragon Balls where they can't affect anyone more powerful than their creator without their consent.
    Thing about the clash in the manga is it wasn't shockwave based like the anime. Their fists impacting had such force behind them that it shook the universe and kaioshin realm located outside of it. It was more simple in execution compared to the anime. Manga doesn't have much in the way of showings that either contradict or support it though, so I wouldn't call it an outlier.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Galactus is a complicated target. As long as he's not in a weakened state, he's pretty much outside the range of being hurt by trivial things like punches and energy blasts. Galactic empires with ridiculous power and technology, with prep, do all of "quiver and gibber pathetically" when they realize he's coming for them. Classic Odin, multi-galaxy-buster, in all of his rage, basically KO's himself while trying to fight Galactus. It takes things like multiversal threats to treat him like a chew toy. He also grants ridiculously FTL speed as a perk for working for him, so one could argue that he's capable of perceiving and reacting to stuff like that himself. He's also generally presented as above a Celestial, and they have the superspeed reactions granted by the SW2 Beyonder dustup. His daughter does react like that on panel - she does a "wander casually through frozen reality" deal.

He's also got the toolkit to annihilate anyone in Dragon Ball. He has far too many options. Moro has no shown resistance to being turned into a teacup, something that is as complicated for Galactus as "me washing a teacup" is for me.

So, for this battle, he needs to be able to act to win. I'd think that he could. Moro is arguably, maybe, even probably faster. But punching and kicking and shooting energy blasts at Big G isn't going to accomplish enough. And G's energy levels are WAY outside of Moro's shown ability to absorb instantly. So G will get to act, and when he does, it's over.
    Fraction's Odin wasn't classic Odin. He outright states that he has no control over time (when classic Odin has several time manipulation feats) and in Fear Itself said that destroying a planet is too much power for even him (that's why he was turning entire Asgard into a war machine).

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Not a galaxy busting feat but Odin moved the entire 10th Realm somewhere by himself. And this was fairly recent.

And that's the guy that KO'ed himself headbutting Galactus.
    Actually he hid it and Heven (10th realm) is basically just a city. Thor broke the seal which hid it from Yggdrasil.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Actually he hid it and Heven (10th realm) is basically just a city. Thor broke the seal which hid it from Yggdrasil.
    Was it just a city? I never saw it being described as such. They always referred to it as a realm.

If i remember correctly (i could be wrong), Odin uprooted the entire realm and moved into a void. He also sealed it with an Odinforce curse so powerful the angels gained power from it. Like I said, i really can't remember the finer details all that well but that was the general gist of it.

Even moving the Tenth realm aside, Odin did very recently wrestle the galactic storm into mjolnir and redirected the cosmic fires in "Everything Burns".

He's still up there in power. Scaling that, i don't really see what Moro is doing to Galactus here.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-24-2020 at 04:29 AM.

Was it just a city? I never saw it being described as such. They always referred to it as a realm.

If i remember correctly (i could be wrong), Odin uprooted the entire realm and moved into a void. He also sealed it with an Odinforce curse so powerful the angels gained power from it. Like I said, i really can't remember the finer details all that well but that was the general gist of it.

Even moving the Tenth realm aside, Odin did very recently wrestle the galactic storm into mjolnir and redirected the cosmic fires in "Everything Burns".

He's still up there in power. Scaling that, i don't really see what Moro is doing to Galactus here.
    Odin lied (what else is new).

Heven was found on map of Yggdrasil.

From Loki Agent of Asgard 5 and Original Sin Thor and Loki 1.

Also Thor and Loki went on to find it between the borders of the realms.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FF07-6TXzS...s1600/-016.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yjDG4rVXUy...s1600/-017.jpg

Odin merely hid Heven. It was actually Freyja who tore it from Yggdrasil.

https://i.postimg.cc/26jzzLv0/image.jpg

This is entirety of Heven.

Mother Storm for all its hype is not galaxy level and that "cosmic fire of Surtur" didn't even destroy Asgard (a continent sized pocket dimension).

A lot of Odin's feats are lacking in context. Lastly, realm doesn't means a full universe. For example when Thor brought Asgard city to Earth, there was nothing left in Asgardian realm, it was empty.

https://postimg.cc/KR1s3Zm5
    https://postimg.cc/tY8vhLTG
    Last edited by Superfan90; 07-24-2020 at 05:07 AM.

Ultimate Member

Odin lied (what else is new).

Heven was found on map of Yggdrasil.

From Loki Agent of Asgard 5 and Original Sin Thor and Loki 1.

Also Thor and Loki went on to find it between the borders of the realms.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FF07-6TXzS...s1600/-016.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yjDG4rVXUy...s1600/-017.jpg

Odin merely hid Heven. It was actually Freyja who tore it from Yggdrasil.

https://i.postimg.cc/26jzzLv0/image.jpg

This is entirety of Heven.

Mother Storm for all its hype is not galaxy level and that "cosmic fire of Surtur" didn't even destroy Asgard (a continent sized pocket dimension).

A lot of Odin's feats are lacking in context. Lastly, realm doesn't means a full universe. For example when Thor brought Asgard city to Earth, there was nothing left in Asgardian realm, it was empty.

https://postimg.cc/KR1s3Zm5
    https://postimg.cc/tY8vhLTG
    Funny enough, i've never even read these comics with these scans.

I remember reading an actual panel of Odin actually moving Heven.

I don't know if you have that scan, that's where i got the whole Odin moving Heven away from.

Funny enough, i've never even read these comics with these scans.

I remember reading an actual panel of Odin actually moving Heven.

I don't know if you have that scan, that's where i got the whole Odin moving Heven away from.
    Yes, this is the scan.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...9973-54989.jpg

Which was once again, a lie.

Ultimate Member

Yes, this is the scan.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...9973-54989.jpg

Which was once again, a lie.
    Interesting.

Very contradictory stuff because Freya herself is the one telling Thor about Odin moving Heven away.

But in another scan, it says she sundered them from the World Tree and when the Angels die, they go to Hela and not Valhalla.

I think i'll probably need to re-read the entire story line to get the proper context.

But what about the Mother Storm isn't galaxy level?

Interesting.

Very contradictory stuff because Freya herself is the one telling Thor about Odin moving Heven away.

But in another scan, it says she sundered them from the World Tree and when the Angels die, they go to Hela and not Valhalla.

I think i'll probably need to re-read the entire story line to get the proper context.

But what about the Mother Storm isn't galaxy level?
    It has no galaxy level feats. It was dispersed by sun when mjolnir exploded in the sun.

Well... it was observed as galaxy /spanning/ if nothing else. It snuffed out a star iirc.

Oh, actually it does have something. It drove back the Pheonix Force (or at least stalemates it) after Jane points out the Pheonix is scared of it.

This was in a run where Gladiator had overpowered Jane. Then Gladiator was (off panel) turned into bloody hamburger by the Destroyer Armor. Then the Pheonix trivially dispatched that same Gladiator smashing Destroyer Armor with ease.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Ultimate Member

Well... it was observed as galaxy /spanning/ if nothing else. It snuffed out a star iirc.

Oh, actually it does have something. It drove back the Pheonix Force (or at least stalemates it) after Jane points out the Pheonix is scared of it.

This was in a run where Gladiator had overpowered Jane. Then Gladiator was (off panel) turned into bloody hamburger by the Destroyer Armor. Then the Pheonix trivially dispatched that same Gladiator smashing Destroyer Armor with ease.
    Yeah.

And it wasn't dispersed in the sun, it still brought Jane back to life.

And it later came back to help Thor re-form Mjolnir.

It never snuffed a star on panel. It dispersed trying to bring Jane Foster back to life.

No, in that arc Jane Foster expelled Phoenix from her mind and it was Quentin Quire who stopped Phoenix ultimately.

Yeah.

And it wasn't dispersed in the sun, it still brought Jane back to life.

And it later came back to help Thor re-form Mjolnir.
    It was dispersed trying to bring back Jane Foster back to life.

That's hardly skyfather level feat.

Ultimate Member

It was dispersed trying to bring back Jane Foster back to life.

That's hardly skyfather level feat.
    It came back after this.

That being said, if it was used against something as powerful as the PF and when depicted in its original form, it was drawn as a galaxy (with accompanying narration) i think it stands to reason that the Mother Storm is galactic.

And i remember Jane using the Storm to turn a supernova comet back into a star. The Mother Storm had a lot of feats under Aaron.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-24-2020 at 08:10 AM.