Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    It wasnt so long ago, Seth was struggling to overpower red norvell and Loki in the same sequence

But I guess if you ignore some of the inconsistencies, it was legit galaxy busting
    Time was when Loki was treated as a higher end mage. I'm not sure what inconsistencies you're specifically referring to. Got an issue or scan?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Time was when Loki was treated as a higher end mage. I'm not sure what inconsistencies you're specifically referring to. Got an issue or scan?
    Journey into mystery 513

Journey into mystery 513
    He turned Loki into wood in a previous issue. Loki later used magic to get out of it. I would hardly call that as Seth struggling to over power Loki. Also, magic is really Loki's forte' not Seth's.

I don't see any inconsistency.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

He turned Loki into wood in a previous issue. Loki later used magic to get out of it. I would hardly call that as Seth struggling to over power Loki. Also, magic is really Loki's forte' not Seth's.

I don't see any inconsistency.
    He was hurt and delayed by both Loki and Thor
    Unless they are now also operating on an "ignite dead galaxies" level, that is an inconsistency

He was hurt and delayed by both Loki and Thor
    Unless they are now also operating on an "ignite dead galaxies" level, that is an inconsistency
    I know Loki isn't seen that way now, but time was when Loki was able cause classic Dr Strange problems, magically speaking.

In essence, your reasoning amounts to, "because Loki and Red Norvell hurt and delayed Seth, this diminishes Seth's power. In turn, this somehow diminishes Odin's showing". Ultimately, that's the bridge you're building.

Loki staggered Surtur at one point in time in an old Thor book. Does this mean Surtur shouldn't be gauged around the same level as Odin too?

Recently, Thor was knocked over by a rock or some such. The current version of Thor has the Odin force and the power cosmic. Does this mean Thor doesn't really have the power cosmic and the Odin force?
    ----------------------

I know Loki isn't seen that way now, but time was when Loki was able cause classic Dr Strange problems, magically speaking.
    A rookie Dr Strange you mean, before he even got the eye of Agomotto

And no...what are you talking about? This is a comic from 1997

In essence, your reasoning amounts to, "because Loki and Red Norvell hurt and delayed Seth, this diminishes Seth's power. In turn, this somehow diminishes Odin's showing". Ultimately, that's the bridge you're building.

Loki staggered Surtur at one point in time in an old Thor book. Does this mean Surtur shouldn't be gauged around the same level as Odin too?

Recently, Thor was knocked over by a rock or some such. The current version of Thor has the Odin force and the power cosmic. Does this mean Thor doesn't really have the power cosmic and the Odin force?
    When those things happen as part of the same sequence then yes, it would become part of a Superboy Prime kinda thing, wherein his power level changes from panel to panel

Another thing to point out would be how Odin and Seth's fight, clearly causing a lot of unintentional damage ...but somehow the planet is overall fine while distant places witness all sorts of explosive stuff

A rookie Dr Strange you mean, before he even got the eye of Agomotto

And no...what are you talking about? This is a comic from 1997
    Maybe I'm misremembering. But I thought Strange assumed the mantle of "Sorcerer Supreme" early on in his own title. Like, back in the 70's. I'm saying if Strange was actually Sorcerer Supreme at that point when Loki faced Dr Strange, I seem to recall Strange having a legit hard time putting the guy down...Loki is more powerful than some people give him credit for.

Yes, I know JIM 513 is from the 90's. My point, is Loki's powers had not diminished from the showing in Dr Strange to the showing in JIM.

When those things happen as part of the same sequence then yes, it would become part of a Superboy Prime kinda thing, wherein his power level changes from panel to panel
    No clue what you're talking about with Superboy Prime.

*shrugs*

Another thing to point out would be how Odin and Seth's fight, clearly causing a lot of unintentional damage ...but somehow the planet is overall fine while distant places witness all sorts of explosive stuff
    Eh, I don't have a problem with the planet they were on staying intact. Dr Strange and the Silver Surfer sensed the "cataclysm" between Seth and Odin on a multiversal level. The light from their clash could be seen in earth's dimension (Asgard is a different dimension). Similar to when the light from the microverse could be seen between Photon and the Sentry, who as I recall is around multiple planet buster. When astral bodies like stars and galaxies are talked about several times in the same book as dying or otherwise being re-ignited, then at some point in time, yeah, Odin is a galaxy buster. There are a lot of inconsistencies in a lot of feats that if scrutinized in light of real world physics for example, would invalidate the feats as "not credible". The Surfer zipping around the entirety of earth in seconds at FTL speeds, without setting the atmosphere on fire, hell any character, moving at FTL speeds, since y'know...relativity and what not....would be invalid. To use your example (in reverse) when last we spoke, we would have to assume that Wally West is actually not FTL given all the times he's been tagged by slower characters, and yes sometimes, right after he's performed an FTL feat. I don't have a problem calling Odin a "galaxy buster" also, given all the other crazy **** he's done.
    Last edited by Cronus; 07-22-2020 at 06:22 PM.
    ----------------------

Maybe I'm misremembering. But I thought Strange assumed the mantle of "Sorcerer Supreme" early on in his own title. Like, back in the 70's. I'm saying if Strange was actually Sorcerer Supreme at that point when Loki faced Dr Strange, I seem to recall Strange having a legit hard time putting the guy down...Loki is more powerful than some people give him credit for.
    He was not

Yes, I know JIM 513 is from the 90's. My point, is Loki's powers had not diminished from the showing in Dr Strange to the showing in JIM.
    So you're saying '90s Loki was more powerful than Classic Dr Strange

No clue what you're talking about with Superboy Prime.
    *shrugs*
    Superboy Prime does stuff like bleed from Conner Kent's punches while overpowering a bunch of DC high tiers

Seth does stuff like have a blast straight up absorbed by Red Norvell and recoil from being blasted by Loki, in the same few panels as hes busting galaxies with Odin

Eh, I don't have a problem with the planet they were on staying intact. Dr Strange and the Silver Surfer sensed the "cataclysm" between Seth and Odin on a multiversal level. The light from their clash could be seen in earth's dimension (Asgard is a different dimension). Similar to when the light from the microverse could be seen between Photon and the Sentry, who as I recall is around multiple planet buster. When astral bodies like stars and galaxies are talked about several times in the same book as dying or otherwise being re-ignited, then at some point in time, yeah, Odin is a galaxy buster. There are a lot of inconsistencies in a lot of feats that if scrutinized in light of real world physics for example, would invalidate the feats as "not credible". The Surfer zipping around the entirety of earth in seconds at FTL speeds, without setting the atmosphere on fire, hell any character, moving at FTL speeds, since y'know...relativity and what not....would be invalid. To use your example (in reverse) when last we spoke, we would have to assume that Wally West is actually not FTL given all the times he's been tagged by slower characters, and yes sometimes, right after he's performed an FTL feat. I don't have a problem calling Odin a "galaxy buster" also, given all the other crazy **** he's done.
    Well, the thing is, in this case the damage from the fight is bad enough to be causing earthquakes on the planet....so it's not like it has no (unintentional) effect

Just not the kind of effect youd expect from something shattering galaxies. Anyhow, like I already said

But I guess if you ignore some of the inconsistencies, it was legit galaxy busting

We had a looong discussion on Odin's galaxy busting status in one of your old threads Dork.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...oku+vs.+Thanos

Lot of good stuff here. It wasn't perfectly sorted but the idea of Odin busting /galaxies/, plural, was not a very solid stance if memory serves.

Edit: I think the relevant discussion starts in page 5.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

For what its worth, Dragon Ball Characters are explicitly resistant to esoteric things like transmutation, teleportation, time manipulation, and such when done by beings who aren't at least comparably powerful to themselves.

Off the top of my head, Shen Long and Porunga couldn't teleport or resurrect Goku without his permission, Goku and Jiren were able to resist Hit's time manipulation by dint of pure power level, and Vegetto was able to retain his sentience/sapience and smash Mystic Buu with Class 100 level force after being turned into a coffee candy (and probably only got transformed at all because he was explicitly trying to piss off Buu enough to make Buu try and absorb him, since he was trying to rescue everyone Buu had previously absorbed), and Moro is way beyond any of those guys at the time that they had done those feats.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Long time ago, Odin and someone, maybe Seth, destroyed MANY galaxies as a side-effect of their fight. Thus, Odin, pre-Aaron, has always been a multi-galaxy buster on Rumbles.
    The Odin and Seth showing got debunked multiple times over on Rumbles across its history as being an outlier ridiculously too good for Odin's career. Things happened like all of reality shaking.

So "has always" is an interesting take.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 07-22-2020 at 08:21 PM.

So where does Rumbles stand in terms of Odins damage output?
    ----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    We had a looong discussion on Odin's galaxy busting status in one of your old threads Dork.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...oku+vs.+Thanos

Lot of good stuff here. It wasn't perfectly sorted but the idea of Odin busting /galaxies/, plural, was not a very solid stance if memory serves.

Edit: I think the relevant discussion starts in page 5.
    Okay, so I'm up to speed on galaxy busting now. Thank you for the link. And here I thought it was a foregone conclusion here that old St Nick was a planet buster.
    ----------------------

Astonishing Member

The last "hurrah" moments I'm aware Odin had in late years were banishing Angela's angelic Realm for most of history and wrestling the sentient galactic storm he eventually trapped in what became Mjolnir.

And since those were done in flashbacks, you might as well roll them into what "classic" Odin can do, as long as that doesn't look like something Galactus, or Celestials in numbers, at least, could find themselves into during their top tierest battles, as far as what the Seth thing looks like.