Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 68
  1. #1
    Mighty Member Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Galactus VS Moro

    Both devour planets for sustenance. Both treat powerful characters like trash.

    Who wins?

  2. #2

    Default

    Moro a legit Jiren / Beerus (anime versions) level of power? I'm not sure how the Manga stacks up.

    If he scales to that level, he possibly has the speed to wipe out Galactus in the first salvo. That's too much damage. Then again, how we treat cosmics and speed is sometimes weird.

    Dork Knight posted a scan where a Celestial was performing "billions of actions" in a single second and Galactus is presented as generally above them (barely) in the cosmic hierarchy.

    Galactus can definitely one shot Moro also is my point. No real counter for reality warping. Galactus could turn the air in his lungs to uranium for example. Or teleport him into a black hole. Or put anti matter in his blood. Or... etc
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    Speed doesnt mean much to Gal, dude regularly stomps Surferand hes faster than anyone in the entirety of the DB verse except for MAYBE Z/GT Goku when hes using his version of IT(Which is showed off as speed based, though this requires him to actually activate it).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  4. #4
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Galactus could just transform Moro into something. Power Cosmic and the fact DB beings are not immune to that stuff.

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Galactus could just transform Moro into something. Power Cosmic and the fact DB beings are not immune to that stuff.
    Can't help but wonder if Moro couldn't simply absorb that.

    And no, Moro doesn't have to actively absorb energy, its a passive one. Just constantly going.

  6. #6
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Can't help but wonder if Moro couldn't simply absorb that.

    And no, Moro doesn't have to actively absorb energy, its a passive one. Just constantly going.
    No. Power Cosmic affects the molecules directly. Not a infusion of energy on a generous shower. It is a instantous shift of “f you” turning you from one thing to something else.

  7. #7
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,448

    Default

    Galactus is a complicated target. As long as he's not in a weakened state, he's pretty much outside the range of being hurt by trivial things like punches and energy blasts. Galactic empires with ridiculous power and technology, with prep, do all of "quiver and gibber pathetically" when they realize he's coming for them. Classic Odin, multi-galaxy-buster, in all of his rage, basically KO's himself while trying to fight Galactus. It takes things like multiversal threats to treat him like a chew toy. He also grants ridiculously FTL speed as a perk for working for him, so one could argue that he's capable of perceiving and reacting to stuff like that himself. He's also generally presented as above a Celestial, and they have the superspeed reactions granted by the SW2 Beyonder dustup. His daughter does react like that on panel - she does a "wander casually through frozen reality" deal.

    He's also got the toolkit to annihilate anyone in Dragon Ball. He has far too many options. Moro has no shown resistance to being turned into a teacup, something that is as complicated for Galactus as "me washing a teacup" is for me.

    So, for this battle, he needs to be able to act to win. I'd think that he could. Moro is arguably, maybe, even probably faster. But punching and kicking and shooting energy blasts at Big G isn't going to accomplish enough. And G's energy levels are WAY outside of Moro's shown ability to absorb instantly. So G will get to act, and when he does, it's over.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."
    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Galactus is a complicated target. As long as he's not in a weakened state, he's pretty much outside the range of being hurt by trivial things like punches and energy blasts. Galactic empires with ridiculous power and technology, with prep, do all of "quiver and gibber pathetically" when they realize he's coming for them. Classic Odin, multi-galaxy-buster, in all of his rage, basically KO's himself while trying to fight Galactus. It takes things like multiversal threats to treat him like a chew toy. He also grants ridiculously FTL speed as a perk for working for him, so one could argue that he's capable of perceiving and reacting to stuff like that himself. He's also generally presented as above a Celestial, and they have the superspeed reactions granted by the SW2 Beyonder dustup. His daughter does react like that on panel - she does a "wander casually through frozen reality" deal.

    He's also got the toolkit to annihilate anyone in Dragon Ball. He has far too many options. Moro has no shown resistance to being turned into a teacup, something that is as complicated for Galactus as "me washing a teacup" is for me.

    So, for this battle, he needs to be able to act to win. I'd think that he could. Moro is arguably, maybe, even probably faster. But punching and kicking and shooting energy blasts at Big G isn't going to accomplish enough. And G's energy levels are WAY outside of Moro's shown ability to absorb instantly. So G will get to act, and when he does, it's over.
    When has Odin ever been a multi galaxy buster??

    Also, universe busting energy blasts should do up Galactus just fine if they hit first. I only really know the anime, but if the Manga scales even remotely similarly then Moro is absolutely in universe busting range.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  9. #9
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    When has Odin ever been a multi galaxy buster??

    Also, universe busting energy blasts should do up Galactus just fine if they hit first. I only really know the anime, but if the Manga scales even remotely similarly then Moro is absolutely in universe busting range.
    Odin at one point nuked galaxies in some great pre Thor time line battle.

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Odin at one point nuked galaxies in some great pre Thor time line battle.
    One galaxy on his own. The time you're referring to was between him, another being of his level, and the item they were fighting over, so it wasn't really something done on his own.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  11. #11
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    One galaxy on his own. The time you're referring to was between him, another being of his level, and the item they were fighting over, so it wasn't really something done on his own.
    Yeah he was merely credited as part of the boom but plot wise it was not all him.

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,985

    Default

    Not a galaxy busting feat but Odin moved the entire 10th Realm somewhere by himself. And this was fairly recent.

    And that's the guy that KO'ed himself headbutting Galactus.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

    "BE WOKE, VOTE!!"

  13. #13
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    When has Odin ever been a multi galaxy buster??

    Also, universe busting energy blasts should do up Galactus just fine if they hit first. I only really know the anime, but if the Manga scales even remotely similarly then Moro is absolutely in universe busting range.
    Long time ago, Odin and someone, maybe Seth, destroyed MANY galaxies as a side-effect of their fight. Thus, Odin, pre-Aaron, has always been a multi-galaxy buster on Rumbles.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."
    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Long time ago, Odin and someone, maybe Seth, destroyed MANY galaxies as a side-effect of their fight. Thus, Odin, pre-Aaron, has always been a multi-galaxy buster on Rumbles.
    Which doesn't seem right considering what was being fought over was likely also responsible for a lot of their destruction in addition to their powers clashing on top of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  15. #15
    BANNED The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Long time ago, Odin and someone, maybe Seth, destroyed MANY galaxies as a side-effect of their fight. Thus, Odin, pre-Aaron, has always been a multi-galaxy buster on Rumbles.

    It wasnt so long ago, Seth was struggling to overpower red norvell and Loki in the same sequence

    But I guess if you ignore some of the inconsistencies, it was legit galaxy busting
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 07-22-2020 at 06:42 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •