Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    It never snuffed a star on panel. It dispersed trying to bring Jane Foster back to life.

No, in that arc Jane Foster expelled Phoenix from her mind and it was Quentin Quire who stopped Phoenix ultimately.
    It snuffed a "supernova star hurtling like a comet" that two Shi'ar gods tossed iirc.

Perhaps I've forgotten the Pheonix contest details. I thought it was a tangible confrontation...
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It came back after this.

That being said, if it was used against something as powerful as the PF and when depicted in its original form, it was drawn as a galaxy (with accompanying narration) i think it stands to reason that the Mother Storm is galactic.

And i remember Jane using the Storm to turn a supernova comet back into a star. The Mother Storm had a lot of feats under Aaron.
    Size isn't indication of power here. Phoenix Force wasn't shown that powerful under Aaron and mother storm never fought it to begin with.

Yes, it changed a supernova in a star. Its best feat but that's hardly galaxy level.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    It snuffed a "supernova star hurtling like a comet" that two Shi'ar gods tossed iirc.

Perhaps I've forgotten the Pheonix contest details. I thought it was a tangible confrontation...
    It turned the supernova back to a star.

Nope, that's not what happened. Incidentally Jane said Mangog was actually more powerful than Phoenix Force.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post

That one is just an explicit limitation of the Dragon Balls where they can't affect anyone more powerful than their creator without their consent.
    I don't recall it ever being said to be a programmed in restriction (like the number of wishes, or the number of times people can be resurrected, or the number of people that can be resurrected, all of which were things that Dragon Ball creators changed as they desired). It was just depicted as a limit in the sense that they made wishes to kill Vegeta/Teleport Goku/Ressurect Goku and the dragon was like "It won't work unless they let it work because he's stronger than my own power source," like how Goku started being able to resist Hit's timestop when he went Super Saiyajin God and then break out of said timestop altogether once he went full Super Saiyajin Blue.

Also, Beerus's and Champa's first duel in the manga ended when their respected Angels oneshot them when they were about to blast each other with enough force to blow up one or both of their respective universes, IIRC. [EDIT: FWIW, Supreme Kai thought that Vegetto at full power was even stronger than Beerus, but he was so powerful that he caused the fusion to break apart well before the hour time limit that non-Supreme Kai should have, which I guess is kinda more evidence that power levels can effect esoteric physical transformations.]
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-30-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Real question is; what would happen if Moro(as he is currently), touched Galactus' neck.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Real question is; what would happen if Moro(as he is currently), touched Galactus' neck.
    Nothing good, that's what.

Incredible Member

Ok, the energy blasts are Ki based. Correct? If so they would be an organic blast. Correct? Now what does Galactus consume? The blasts would be like someone feeding him lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Ok, the energy blasts are Ki based. Correct? If so they would be an organic blast. Correct? Now what does Galactus consume? The blasts would be like someone feeding him lunch.
    That is also Moro's entire schtick, as well as being able to drain the life energy out of people/planets just by willing it (though it seems like it may be a hard to sense targeted attack that he's just insanely good at multitasking with, ala Buu's human genocide attack, rather than an AOE, considering that incomplete Ultra Instinct Goku is able to perceive and dodge the effect from point blank range), as well as being above to rip out and immediately manipulate the life energy of his surroundings at a whim, so they seem to be more or less even on that front.

So, IIRC, Moro actually primarily used magic for his attacks, with his horrifying ki reserves just to fuel it (which might be why it took going Ultra Instinct Sign for Goku to be able to sense and dodge his energy drain). That said, Galactus generally call Devour space and reality itself when he lets himself go full out. Though going by how Goku and company describe Moro's ki as basically being drenched with the pain and suffering of the countless worlds that he had devoured, Galactus might find it to be toxic or something.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-29-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    That is also Moro's entire schtick, as well as being able to drain the life energy out of people/planets just by willing it (though it seems like it may be a hard to sense targeted attack that he's just insanely good at multitasking with, ala Buu's human genocide attack, rather than an AOE, considering that incomplete Ultra Instinct Goku is able to perceive and dodge the effect from point blank range), as well as being above to rip out and immediately manipulate the life energy of his surroundings at a whim, so they seem to be more or less even on that front.
    Moro himself would be dinner, I think.

So Moro is basically just an evil Genki Dama?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    So Moro is basically just an evil Genki Dama?
    Well, now he's a bit more than that. He recently fused (kind of) with an assassin robot thing that gave him a very dangerous ability; anyone he grabs the neck of, he gains their powers. Also, Genki Dama has to have the energy willingly given up by living beings. Moro simply takes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, now he's a bit more than that. He recently fused (kind of) with an assassin robot thing that gave him a very dangerous ability; anyone he grabs the neck of, he gains their powers. Also, Genki Dama has to have the energy willingly given up by living beings. Moro simply takes it.
    Theoretically, Goku only asks before taking large amounts because he's a good person. Most people on Earth or Namek don't seem to realize that he's taking anything from them when he's drawing the basic Genki Dama, and the one time that he asked normal people to volunteer more, he drained them significantly the instant they raised their hands, even though they had no real idea what he was actually asking for or any ability to deliberately manipulate their own energies.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Moro himself would be dinner, I think.
    The thing is that he's actually a lot faster at draining than Galactus is, being able to drain planets in seconds without even needing to set foot on them, and is able to rapidly drain multiple Super Saiyajin Blue level people (who may be comparable to or far above Galactus on the power scale, depending on how close they have gotten to the God of Destruction tier by this point, or if they retconned the interdimensional shockwave feat Goku got when he was much weaker than he was during their first encounter) in short order just by him knowing that they were on the same planet as him.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-30-2020 at 07:33 PM.

BANNED

Couldn’t he just surprise Galactus abd touch him or drain his power cosmic by being near him and use it a distraction.

Moro is one of the smarter DB baddies, when Vegeta uses a technique to remove Moros power, Moro had planned for it and had a type of back up. If I was Moro, I’d wait for Galactus to be hungry then turn the planets energy against Galactus, Then as Galactus is distracted steal his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    The thing is that he's actually a lot faster at draining than Galactus is, being able to drain planets in seconds without even needing to set foot on them, and is able to rapidly drain multiple Super Saiyajin Blue level people (who may be comparable to or far above Galactus on the power scale, depending on how close they have gotten to the God of Destruction tier by this point, or if they retconned the interdimensional shockwave feat Goku got when he was much weaker than he was during their first encounter) in short order just by him knowing that they were on the same planet as him.
    True Moro is faster. Galactus “could” eat worlds and stuff fast. He uses his technology to refine the said energies for maximum benefits of said snacking.

Like humans and cooking.