Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I'm fine saying that, for cosmics on the level of Galactus, "speed" is largely irrelevant. He is after all the guy who gave the Sufer his speed but also treats that speed as a non-factor when it comes to keeping his Herald in line. So the bigger issue is whether or not Moro can do anything to Galactus before being transmuted or something equally hand-wavey.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'm fine saying that, for cosmics on the level of Galactus, "speed" is largely irrelevant. He is after all the guy who gave the Sufer his speed but also treats that speed as a non-factor when it comes to keeping his Herald in line. So the bigger issue is whether or not Moro can do anything to Galactus before being transmuted or something equally hand-wavey.
    As noted, Dragonball explicitly has"resistance/immunity to esoteric abilities from people weaker than you" as a base power, and Moro being able to hold his own against Goku in his Ultra Instinct Sign mode seems to place him at least on the same general tier as the Gods of Destruction even before he got his most recent power ups, and Galactus doesn't want to tangle with those guys unless he's been very well fed recently.

Oh, and post-power up, Moro can now copy the powers and techniques of anyone he touches on the back of their neck (the guy he got that power from was explicitly able to use that power to put himself on Moro's own tier despite being incomprehensibly weaker before doing so), and he used that to copy Vegeta's new Spirit Fission technique, which means that any hit Moro lands will tear out a massive amount of the life energy absorbed by Galactus (like Vegeta did to Moro himself, this necessitating Moro to absorb how otherwise loyal henchman to get his backed up powers back, and then some), which Moro, unlike Vegeta, can then devour himself for another power boost, assuming that he can't devour Galactus' energy directly faster than Galactus could do the same to him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    As noted, Dragonball explicitly has"resistance/immunity to esoteric abilities from people weaker than you" as a base power, and Moro being able to hold his own against Goku in his Ultra Instinct Sign mode seems to place him at least on the same general tier as the Gods of Destruction even before he got his most recent power ups, and Galactus doesn't want to tangle with those guys unless he's been very well fed recently.

Oh, and post-power up, Moro can now copy the powers and techniques of anyone he touches on the back of their neck (the guy he got that power from was explicitly able to use that power to put himself on Moro's own tier despite being incomprehensibly weaker before doing so), and he used that to copy Vegeta's new Spirit Fission technique, which means that any hit Moro lands will tear out a massive amount of the life energy absorbed by Galactus (like Vegeta did to Moro himself, this necessitating Moro to absorb how otherwise loyal henchman to get his backed up powers back, and then some), which Moro, unlike Vegeta, can then devour himself for another power boost, assuming that he can't devour Galactus' energy directly faster than Galactus could do the same to him.
    I don’t think Goku was at perfect ultra instinct

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    I don’t think Goku was at perfect ultra instinct
    The imperfect Ultra Instinct is now called Ultra Instinct Sign (in the manga), and still seems to be at least in the same tier as the Gods of Destruction, if not very high on that tier. Like, I would expect that level of Ultra Instinct to destroy God of Destruction Toppo, but I wouldn't bet on him doing as well against Beerus or Champa.

Extraordinary Member

Has it been noted that there is a difference between the DBS anime and the DBS manga in terms of overall power? Specifically that the manga characters are noticeably weaker with several Super characters having way worse performances and there being no universe affecting power besides the Zenos and the Goku/Beerus clash acting as an outlier rather than anything else.

They're different enough that on a feat by feat basis, Moro would have a way tougher time with the anime versions han he would with the manga versions. At least until we maybe get to see Moro in the anime (but who knows if that's going to be a thing at this point).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Has it been noted that there is a difference between the DBS anime and the DBS manga in terms of overall power? Specifically that the manga characters are noticeably weaker with several Super characters having way worse performances and there being no universe affecting power besides the Zenos and the Goku/Beerus clash acting as an outlier rather than anything else.

They're different enough that on a feat by feat basis, Moro would have a way tougher time with the anime versions han he would with the manga versions. At least until we maybe get to see Moro in the anime (but who knows if that's going to be a thing at this point).
    I don't recall that anyone explicitly said that they were operating on a different tier, just that they haven't tried to do some of the bigger stuff.

Beerus' and Champa said that they were going to destroy the universe one they got annoyed enough in their duel with one another (with their respective Angel's one-shotting them in retaliation), and both Vegetto and Jiren were said to be stronger than at least one experienced God of Destruction (Beerus' himself in Vegetto's case), and Vegeta being stronger than a new God of Destruction.

For what it's worth, we may be about to see how well post-power up Moro stacks up against an Angel using it's actual Angelic might, which would be kinda insane.

Way I see it is that the DBS mangas Perfected SSB state is on par with the animes normal SSB state(since it already does not decrease the users power overtime, it merely takes a chunk of ki whenever one uses it. It isn't physically strenuous like the mangas "perfected" version either.
    Last edited by Cody; 08-10-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Maybe I'm misremembering. But I thought Strange assumed the mantle of "Sorcerer Supreme" early on in his own title. Like, back in the 70's. I'm saying if Strange was actually Sorcerer Supreme at that point when Loki faced Dr Strange, I seem to recall Strange having a legit hard time putting the guy down...Loki is more powerful than some people give him credit for.
    Dork has covered this in brief, but I'll go into better detail because this really does need to be addressed in full - it comes up every now and then with people discussing Loki and his power level.

So, back when Strange faced Loki, it was early on, the Ancient One was still Sorcerer Supreme, and Strange was still his 'disciple'. Additionally, Strange hadn't received all of his artifacts; he was still using a 'mystic amulet', for example, rather than the Eye.

Being a sorcerer, Strange actually has a legit reason for gaining more and more power through time given he's constantly studying and learning (and being trained by the Ancient One at this point in his life), so it's no surprise that yes, he DOES get more powerful as his series progresses. As an example of that, Mordo gives him a hard time early in his various stories; later on, any time it's a straight-up one-on-one (and without Mordo having mortgaged his soul to one or more extra-dimensional beings for power), Strange basically curbstomps him. Adding to this, through his series Strange picks up more and more magical artifacts, which increase his power. Finally, when the Ancient One becomes 'one with the cosmos' and drops the mantle of Sorcerer Supreme on Stephen, he literally donates what remains of his magical power to Strange, increasing his mystic potency directly.

Basically, the Strange that Loki took on back in the day wasn't nearly Classic Strange at the height of his power.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate