Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Diana should be the most powerful Golden Age Amazon, because she was the one true, "pure" Amazon. All other Amazons were born of male-female coupling. Diana was created from the clay of Paradise Island itself, crafted by the Amazon Queen and given life by Zeus. She is uncontaminated by man's world. She is the uber-Amazon.
    In Golden Age. All amazons powers came from training. And any amazon could train to be as powerful as Di or more. Which proves that being from the same race, doesn't mean all people will have the same power level. This is also why PG and SG are not shown to be as powerful as Superman, even though they are from the same race.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cj619 View Post
    Powerful in Strength:
    1. Wonder Woman
    2. Supergirl
    3. Power Girl
    4. Big Barda
    5. Crush
    6. Donna Troy
    7. Fury
    8. Giganta

Powerful in Energy Output:
    1. Miss America/Cosmos
    2. Secret
    3. Enchantress - June Moon
    4. Lady Quark
    5. Lady Lunar
    6. Aquawoman - Marella
    7. Mera
    8. Jade
    Strength
    1. Wonderwoman
    2. Powergirl
    3. Supergirl
    4. Barda
    5. Mary Marvel (3-5 are pretty interchangeable though)

Powerful in Energy Output
    1. Zatanna
    2. Raven
    3 Mera
    4. pick your Female Green Lantern of choice
    5. Starfire

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    In Golden Age. All amazons powers came from training.
    Sorry, I wasn't thinking "Golden Age", which as you point out is what the discussion was of course about. I was thinking of later. In those stories, her origin story sets her apart. She is the physical embodiment of the island itself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Strength
    1. Wonderwoman
    2. Powergirl
    3. Supergirl
    4. Barda

1. Zatanna
    2. Raven
    3 Mera
    5. Starfire
    Maxima should be up there in both. Then there’s also Vixen who thanks to her powers have some pretty impressive feats.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Why would one Kryptonian from the same Earth under the same conditions not develop like another? That's never really made much sense. Whatever the rules are for Superman, should be the rule for any Kryptonian outside of a detailed explanation as to how there could be differences between individuals. I know at one time Superman developed his powers slowly as he charged, but that seems more or less out as a concept today.

And its untrue that PG and Supergirl aren't at Superman's level at all. They should and usually are right there. Especially Kara. Hell, while I don't subscribe to it, sometimes they try and boast Kara as being more powerful than Superman himself. Again, not something I support as it makes no sense (the same argument as above just reversed) but its an example of DC not going with the idea that at the least Kara isn't anywhere close to his level.
    The same reason why not all normal people are the same level with batman. Superman is one of the most iconic characters in DC. He gets more showings and highlights compared to other kryptonians. For example: In New Krypton, Superman always seems stronger and more experienced than other normal kryptonians even though they're both under the same conditions
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 07-20-2020 at 09:11 PM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Lois MotherFFin' Lane.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

In Post Crisis they only fought once as far as I remember, and Diana won. And Diana never says PG was stronger than her in the Simone run where they fought.
    Thank you. Now the explanation. If WW is supposed to be weaker physically than Superman then that doesn't make sense because Power Girl should be on Superman level.

So what makes sense is Superman, Wonder Woman, and Power Girl are on the same level physically but Wonder Woman has the edge on warrior training.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    That whole "Supergirl is stronger than Superman" thing has been explained 100 times now by DC as Supergirl having no self-control to control herself, so she just cuts loose always at full power, while Superman has self-control and usually holds back, except at those times when he can and must go all out. This can lead some to assume supergirl is stronger than Superman when in truth, she is not.
    I read it as, because Supergirl's been circling the sun she has more raw power at her age compared to Superman, but she has no control, strategy or experience and that's why she can't win against Wonder Woman

In Golden Age. All Amazon powers came from training. And any amazon could train to be as powerful as Di or more. This proves that being from the same race doesn't mean all people will have the same power level. This is also why PG and SG are not shown to be as powerful as Superman, even though they are from the same race.
    Okay but in Post, Diana was given an extra blessing that makes her more than a cut above, and in New 52/Rebirth she's a demigod.

By the way, are we taking average or is this discussion specific to each era? The question seems to want for an answer that is the most universal, but if we're talking per era, then it needs to be clarified by and for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    The same reason why not all normal people are the same level as batman. Superman is one of the most iconic characters in DC. He gets more showings and highlights compared to other Kryptonians. For example: In New Krypton, Superman always seems stronger and experienced than other normal Kryptonians even though they're both under the same conditions
    This should have a reason why that would be, like, for example, Superman has been a hero for 20 years before Kandor is freed. Therefore the average Kandorian who has not been exposed to the sun as long or are civilians wouldn't be able to beat Superman even if they go at him 5 to 1.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    Wonder Woman 2006 serie number 41.
    It proved that Power Girl is STRONGER than Wonder Woman, BUT!!! Wonder Woman has more skills in fighting and therefore she was able to stop her.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Strength
    1. Wonderwoman
    2. Powergirl
    3. Supergirl
    4. Barda

1. Zatanna
    2. Raven
    3 Mera
    5. Starfire
    Strength

1. Power Girl
    2. Wonder Woman-Supergirl
    3. Miss Martian
    4. probably Bombshell

Most powerful overall:
    RAVEN/JESSICA CRUZ/MISS MARTIAN/POWER GIRL

Mera ISNT powerful enough to compete with others and Starfire also not...

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, how are we defining "powerful?"

Diana's the strongest, and Power Girl and Supergirl are in that conversation as well, though they lack the feats to equal Diana.

Zatanna is probably the most all-around powerful, because "magic."

Granny Goddness, like all New Gods when written correctly, puts to shame all earth-based creatures and mortals.

Kismet is a literal manifestation of cosmic forces and universal law.
    Power Girl is STRONGER than Diana, however Diana is sligthly behind and has better fighting skills.

RAVEN is more powerful than ZATANNA, but she doesnt allow herself to go out of control...

Kismet etc. doesnt count, because else you must say PELE!
    Wonder Woman HERSELF said that PELE is MUCH stronger than Superman and since Pele is a goddess,she is for sure over other females..

Because not all Kryptonians are at Superman level. There is no "female Superman"; neither Supergirl nor power girl is a Superman (not at his level at all).

Zod is close to Superman but under him, as is Ursa, a very powerful female Kryptonian with combat training and I remember Wonder Woman handling them both quite fine.
    WRONG!!

I dont know why its so hard to understand, but there is a SIMPLE RULE!!

REMEMBER:
    Kryptonians get stronger as longer as they live under a yellow sun!

Zod is weaker, because he simply DIDNT live under a yellow sun.

If Zod and Superman would have been both sended to Earth as babies Zod would have surpassed him EASILY.

Power Girl>>Superman>>Supergirl

I dont remember in which Comic it was, but there was a talk in which was said that Power Girl is stronger than Supergirl (and Supergirl was said to be as strong as Clark is).

Naw. Wonder Woman is up there with Superman and is stronger than Power Girl, adult or not.
    No...

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Considering she's Kryptonian, all things being equal, Power Girl being an adult should probably be more powerful than Diana. Superman is so why would a veteran hero like Karen not be? Supergirl I put below only because she's younger and they can use inexperience comparatively there. But whether Karen's even around or not varies these days. So that being off the table, its easily Diana #1.
    True, I dont know why its so difficult:

Kryptonians get stronger as longer as they live under a yellow sun...

Quote Originally Posted by cj619 View Post
    Powerful in Strength:
    1. Wonder Woman
    2. Supergirl
    3. Power Girl
    4. Big Barda
    5. Crush
    6. Donna Troy
    7. Fury
    8. Giganta

Powerful in Energy Output:
    1. Miss America/Cosmos
    2. Secret
    3. Enchantress - June Moon
    4. Lady Quark
    5. Lady Lunar
    6. Aquawoman - Marella
    7. Mera
    8. Jade
    Completely wrong!

a) Power Girls ranking makes NO SENSE...
    Power Girl is the older, more powerful, stronger Supergirl, so it doesnt make any sense to rank her under Supergirl.

b) RAVEN daughter of Trigon squashes the whole powerful in energy output list
    what about BOMBSHELL??

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't there a fight between Wonder Woman and Power Girl that Diana basically won?
    No..
    There was a fight in which Power Girl was stronger and Diana then used her fighting skills to restrain her...

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I definitely want to say Wonder Woman. SheÂ’s physically strong, can fly, has access to weaponry including magic, and is even immortal. I would potentially say Powergirl and or Supergirl come second.

After that though on a magic power scale is Raven, IÂ’d love to say Zatanna but honestly having the powers of being a demonÂ’s daughter gives you a leg up in the whole magic power scaling thing.
    I dont understand what you are writing:

1. Power Girl is physically stronger than Diana, has better invulnerability, has more senses, more powers like Heat Vision etc., is smarter...
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-supergirl-vs-...who-would-win/
    Power Girls Heat Vision is said to surpass Supergirls one....

2. Miss Martian is on a similar strength level as Supergirl is, but with her Telepathy, Intangibility etc. on a higher level

STRENGTH-WISE Wonder Woman is stronger than Power Girl, without a doubt! And Wonder Woman is not the only woman stronger than power girl.

Power girl is weaker than Wonder Woman. And pg is weaker than some other females too.

PowerThere are other DC females who are powerful in terms other than strength, such as magic, electrical, energy, mental, etc,
    Power Girl is stronger than Diana without a doubt...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Overall? Diana. It's not really a contest. One-on-one, I don't know many who can actually take her on without some degree of modification (such as no powers, etc). She's outrageously scary in a fight.

Just raw strength? I'd give it to Power Girl. Depending on how much DC likes to remember the rules they set up (which is never, but whatever) she's from the Pre-Crisis Earth 2 (which is established to have stronger Kryptonians than the Earths we generally read about) and kryptonite from other universes doesn't really effect Kryptonians like it would from their universe, so theoretically it shouldn't weaken her much if at all. You better hope they had a sale on red sun lamps at REI!

I don't think the gulf between PG and WW's strength is all that large. If Diana gets a good hit in on PG, it's going to hurt and she's definitely skilled enough to compound one into more and those into a proper beating.

From the DCU, My Top 3 Favorites would be...

1. Mary Marvel

2. Starfire

3. Elasti-Girl

From Superman's corner of the DCU, I remember both Faora & Maxima being quite formidable...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Lois MotherFFin' Lane.
    Awesome! Totally agree! Good call, j9ac9k...

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-21-2020 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Added clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    It proved that Power Girl is STRONGER than Wonder Woman, BUT!!! Wonder Woman has more skills in fighting and therefore she was able to stop her.

Strength

1. Power Girl
    2. Wonder Woman-Supergirl
    3. Miss Martian
    4. probably Bombshell

Most powerful overall:
    RAVEN/JESSICA CRUZ/MISS MARTIAN/POWER GIRL

Mera ISNT powerful enough to compete with others and Starfire also not...

Power Girl is STRONGER than Diana, however Diana is sligthly behind and has better fighting skills.

RAVEN is more powerful than ZATANNA, but she doesnt allow herself to go out of control...

Kismet etc. doesnt count, because else you must say PELE!
    Wonder Woman HERSELF said that PELE is MUCH stronger than Superman and since Pele is a goddess,she is for sure over other females..

WRONG!!

I dont know why its so hard to understand, but there is a SIMPLE RULE!!

REMEMBER:
    Kryptonians get stronger as longer as they live under a yellow sun!

Zod is weaker, because he simply DIDNT live under a yellow sun.

If Zod and Superman would have been both sended to Earth as babies Zod would have surpassed him EASILY.

I dont remember in which Comic it was, but there was a talk in which was said that Power Girl is stronger than Supergirl (and Supergirl was said to be as strong as Clark is).

No...

True, I dont know why its so difficult:

Kryptonians get stronger as longer as they live under a yellow sun...

Completely wrong!

a) Power Girls ranking makes NO SENSE...
    Power Girl is the older, more powerful, stronger Supergirl, so it doesnt make any sense to rank her under Supergirl.

b) RAVEN daughter of Trigon squashes the whole powerful in energy output list
    what about BOMBSHELL??

No..
    There was a fight in which Power Girl was stronger and Diana then used her fighting skills to restrain her...

I dont understand what you are writing:

1. Power Girl is physically stronger than Diana, has better invulnerability, has more senses, more powers like Heat Vision etc., is smarter...
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-supergirl-vs-...who-would-win/
    Power Girls Heat Vision is said to surpass Supergirls one....

2. Miss Martian is on a similar strength level as Supergirl is, but with her Telepathy, Intangibility etc. on a higher level

Power Girl is stronger than Diana without a doubt...
    PG has no feats to put her above WW. And the own creator of their fight(simone run) has said PG is not stronger than WW. It doesn't matter that she is an older kryptonian. Diana has been training and fighting for thousands of years. She gets stronger via training and fighting. And PG is not above WW in power either. Diana has better strength, durability(outside her piercing weakness)combat speed, Zeus lightning, her unbreakable gear and skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Thank you. Now the explanation. If WW is supposed to be weaker physically than Superman then that doesn't make sense because Power Girl should be on Superman level.

So what makes sense is Superman, Wonder Woman, and Power Girl are on the same level physically but Wonder Woman has the edge on warrior training.

I read it as, because Supergirl's been circling the sun she has more raw power at her age compared to Superman, but she has no control, strategy or experience and that's why she can't win against Wonder Woman

Okay but in Post, Diana was given an extra blessing that makes her more than a cut above, and in New 52/Rebirth she's a demigod.

By the way, are we taking average or is this discussion specific to each era? The question seems to want for an answer that is the most universal, but if we're talking per era, then it needs to be clarified by and for everyone.

This should have a reason why that would be, like, for example, Superman has been a hero for 20 years before Kandor is freed. Therefore the average Kandorian who has not been exposed to the sun as long or are civilians wouldn't be able to beat Superman even if they go at him 5 to 1.
    Since Post Crisis and onwards. Diana has won all her battles against both PG and SG. And Diana has been stated many times to be the strongest female hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Overall? Diana. It's not really a contest. One-on-one, I don't know many who can actually take her on without some degree of modification (such as no powers, etc). She's outrageously scary in a fight.

Just raw strength? I'd give it to Power Girl. Depending on how much DC likes to remember the rules they set up (which is never, but whatever) she's from the Pre-Crisis Earth 2 (which is established to have stronger Kryptonians than the Earths we generally read about) and kryptonite from other universes doesn't really effect Kryptonians like it would from their universe, so theoretically it shouldn't weaken her much if at all. You better hope they had a sale on red sun lamps at REI!

I don't think the gulf between PG and WW's strength is all that large. If Diana gets a good hit in on PG, it's going to hurt and she's definitely skilled enough to compound one into more and those into a proper beating.
    Between Post Crisis-N52 and Rebirth, PG has never shown the level of strength from Pre Crisis earth 2. And people go by feats when comparing power levels. Based on what we have seen, i see no reason to put Di below pg in strength.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I think WW is more powerful. Her feats aren't lacking compared to PG's feats.
    It seems like the evidence would seem to support that, but I just can't wrap my head around Diana being to bench press more than Power Girl. When we talk about strength that's what I'm imagining.