Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    It seems like the evidence would seem to support that, but I just can't wrap my head around Diana being to bench press more than Power Girl. When we talk about strength that's what I'm imagining.
    Why not? Diana is a heavy hitter too. She has been a big powerhouse since her debut.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Between Post Crisis-N52 and Rebirth, PG has never shown the level of strength from Pre Crisis earth 2. And people go by feats when comparing power levels. Based on what we have seen, i see no reason to put Di below pg in strength.
    I mean it we're going by feats, there's also all the times Wonder Woman has been humbled by other heroes and villains because DC doesn't have a good history of respecting their female characters. I'm saying that based on her context, PG should be stronger.

If we're talking feats, Batman is the most powerful character in DC because according to Death Metal, if he just stopped caring about justice and went full-tilt evil he would ascend to godhood and only answer to The Presence and even then Snyder has a few issues unsolicited.

Feats ain't everything. Superman pulled a galaxy on a chain for fun but has also gotten beat by pretty much everybody. You can't take the wins without factoring losses too and at that point it's just about as accurate as throwing a dart at a roster and picking who it hits.

Pre-Crisis Kryptonians from either Earth are essentially the most powerful characters per capita DC has ever published, ergo it probably would be PG. Just my two cents. I know she loses fights and a writer may chime in, but just because Tom King says Tim is one of the Bat family's worst fighters doesn't actually mean he is. Yeah, you take queues from the published page, creator comments and your own personal belief.

Some posters here will absolutely not have that Diana can beat Superman but I think that's pretty reasonable to believe despite her losing more than she hasn't historically. She's plenty strong, and sometimes she's as durable as Superman and other times not. Currently she can absorb the force of a Kryptonian punch with the force to atomize a mountain to the face and get up for more, but if you shoot her in the head with a normal sidearm she's as dead as can be. Hell, a crossbow with a wooden bolt could probably kill her because D&D rules I guess. Other times it never even broke skin. This stuff isn't consistent so let's not act like it is.
    Last edited by Robanker; 07-21-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I mean it we're going by feats, there's also all the times Wonder Woman has been humbled by other heroes and villains because DC doesn't have a good history of respecting their female characters. I'm saying that based on her context, PG should be stronger.

If we're talking feats, Batman is the most powerful character in DC because according to Death Metal, if he just stopped caring about justice and went full-tilt evil he would ascend to godhood and only answer to The Presence and even then Snyder has a few issues unsolicited.

Feats ain't everything. Superman pulled a galaxy on a chain for fun but has also gotten beat by pretty much everybody. You can't take the wins without factoring losses too and at that point it's just about as accurate as throwing a dart at a roster and picking who it hits.

Pre-Crisis Kryptonians from either Earth are essentially the most powerful characters per capita DC has ever published, ergo it probably would be PG. Just my two cents. I know she loses fights and a writer may chime in, but just because Tom King says Tim is one of the Bat family's worst fighters doesn't actually mean he is. Yeah, you take queues from the published page, creator comments and your own personal belief.

Some posters here will absolutely not have that Diana can beat Superman but I think that's pretty reasonable to believe despite her losing more than she hasn't historically.
    Well. Outside of feats we have statements saying WW is the strongest female hero. And statements saying she is equal to SM. Although feats would suggest otherwise.

And there is a difference between losing to characters in your power class. And losing because of PIS. Superman losing to characters that are powerhouses like him shouldn't been seen as a way to claim he is not that powerful. Same for WW. It's be a different story when we see the powerhouses jobbing to mid tiers or even street levelers.

In my opinion. Based on feats, statements, and for all it's worth, status in DC. I think WW is and should be more powerful than PG. Since just like SM was created to be the male hero number one in strength. WW was created to be the number one female hero in strength.

Mighty Member

Mainstream Superheroines:

1. Wonder Woman
    2. Powergirl/Supergirl(Supergirl has usually better feats than Powergirl though)
    3. Big Barda/Maxima

Everyone:

Now we have Elaine Belloc, Kismet, Perpetua, Hecate, Death of the Endless and the likes, which i find almost impossible to rank.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 07-21-2020 at 12:55 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Whatever "proof" you have, Wonder Woman is going to almost always win any battle with Power Girl. That's just a perk of being part of the Trinity and the most popular superheroine.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Whatever "proof" you have, Wonder Woman is going to almost always win any battle with Power Girl. That's just a perk of being part of the Trinity and the most popular superheroine.
    I don't think is just a matter of popularity. Because Wonder Woman has the feats to prove she can take on power girl.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I don't think is just a matter of popularity. Because Wonder Woman has the feats to prove she can take on power girl.
    Right, but would creators have given her those feats had she been less popular and iconic?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right, but would creators have given her those feats had she been less popular and iconic?
    I don't see why not. There female DC characters with better feats than both WW and PG. And WW was not lacking in feats even during her debut. Original WW was already doing things like tossing planets around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    It seems like the evidence would seem to support that, but I just can't wrap my head around Diana being to bench press more than Power Girl. When we talk about strength that's what I'm imagining.
    If we go by feats, Diana has more and better. Which is a limited metric since Power Girl is a C-lister who doesn't get nearly as much panel time, but there it is. But the feats also show that Power Girl isn't far behind at all; she's had some damn impressive showings of raw strength.....just not as many as Diana.

If we go by lore, we're going to find largely the same situation. Clark is number 1. After that it gets a little murky, with people like Diana, PG, Supergirl, Shazam, and a few others all in close competition for that #2 spot. And I don't get why people struggle with the idea of Diana being stronger than PG; Karen is a kryptonian, true, but Diana is a f*cking goddess; the fact that Clark is stronger than her (and not by a large margin) says more about him as an individual than it does about his species as a whole. Clark's feats of strength surpass that of every other kryptonian, so why are people expecting them all to be equal?

The argument that Supergirl is stronger than Clark and therefore PG is, or should be, is a big pile of rubbish only seen in Supergirl comics desperately trying to make Kara look relevant. Both the lore and the feats prove this statement wrong, and it's easily written off as Kara lacking Clark's restraint.

In general terms of "all around badass" Diana surpasses them all anyway; better training and combat skill, magical gear that includes some of the most potent mystical artifacts on earth, no weaknesses against green rocks.....that woman is a legit beast.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Strength
    1. Wonderwoman
    2. Powergirl
    3. Supergirl
    4. Barda
    5. Mary Marvel (3-5 are pretty interchangeable though)

Powerful in Energy Output
    1. Zatanna
    2. Raven
    3 Mera
    4. pick your Female Green Lantern of choice
    5. Starfire

Completely blanked on Mary Marvel, Zatanna, Raven & Starfire.
    Maxima should also be in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    If we go by feats, Diana has more and better. Which is a limited metric since Power Girl is a C-lister who doesn't get nearly as much panel time, but there it is. But the feats also show that Power Girl isn't far behind at all; she's had some damn impressive showings of raw strength.....just not as many as Diana.

If we go by lore, we're going to find largely the same situation. Clark is number 1. After that it gets a little murky, with people like Diana, PG, Supergirl, Shazam, and a few others all in close competition for that #2 spot. And I don't get why people struggle with the idea of Diana being stronger than PG; Karen is a kryptonian, true, but Diana is a f*cking goddess; the fact that Clark is stronger than her (and not by a large margin) says more about him as an individual than it does about his species as a whole. Clark's feats of strength surpass that of every other kryptonian, so why are people expecting them all to be equal?

The argument that Supergirl is stronger than Clark and therefore PG is, or should be, is a big pile of rubbish only seen in Supergirl comics desperately trying to make Kara look relevant. Both the lore and the feats prove this statement wrong, and it's easily written off as Kara lacking Clark's restraint.

In general terms of "all around badass" Diana surpasses them all anyway; better training and combat skill, magical gear that includes some of the most potent mystical artifacts on earth, no weaknesses against green rocks.....that woman is a legit beast.
    Quoted for TRUTH.....Magic Lasso TRUTH...and very well stated too!

All-New Member

“Completely wrong!

a) Power Girls ranking makes NO SENSE...
    Power Girl is the older, more powerful, stronger Supergirl, so it doesnt make any sense to rank her under Supergirl.”

Apologies, I wasn’t aware that my opinion on fictional characters could be wrong.

However I was going under a maybe old or wrong memory of Earth 2 Kryptonian’s being not as strong as Earth 1’s or whatever Earth is now the main one.

Quote Originally Posted by cj619 View Post
    “Completely wrong!

a) Power Girls ranking makes NO SENSE...
    Power Girl is the older, more powerful, stronger Supergirl, so it doesnt make any sense to rank her under Supergirl.”

Apologies, I wasn’t aware that my opinion on fictional characters could be wrong.

However I was going under a maybe old or wrong memory of Earth 2 Kryptonian’s being not as strong as Earth 1’s or whatever Earth is now the main one.
    No, you are correct that is how it was for a very looong time!!

In fact, when power Girl first appeared, she only had a fraction of Supergirl strength, could not fly, had no heat vision. She was already a late teen at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Quoted for TRUTH.....Magic Lasso TRUTH...and very well stated too!
    Thanks.

And don't get me wrong, I love Power Girl. I'm a regular in her appreciation thread, and have been a fan of her's for years.

Karen is a brilliant person with all the power of a full Kryptonian education behind her. The books almost never touch on this but she's smarter than Kara and Clark and easily understands the tech of people like Michael Holt. She's funny and badass and sassy and uber capable in any situation you put her in. She's survived the death of her world, her universe, and keeps on trucking like a true warrior, and has helped save the DCU more times than I can count. And I love the fact that her solo book actually dealt with "busty girl problems" because I've watched my wife struggle with the same thing and I know she appreciated having a superhero who had the same issues that epic boobs bring with them. Power Girl is a excellent character with tons of untapped potential, and is still a uber capable, interesting, enjoyable hero despite writers not using her to her full ability.

But she's not on Diana's level. And there's no shame in that, very few people are. Doesn't make Karen any "less" simply because an immortal demigoddess born into the royalty of a race of immortal warrior philosophers is slightly more capable and powerful.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I've always understood Wonder Woman is the most powerful.