Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yeah, with such a big and incontrovertible error on that list, the other conclusions can't be taken at face value.
    I think that's part of the charm of CBR lists. Sort of like watching a really, really bad movie and taking a shot glass of your favorite drink every time something dumb happens.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I think that's part of the charm of CBR lists. Sort of like watching a really, really bad movie and taking a shot glass of your favorite drink every time something dumb happens.
    I think overall they're fine, but you do get a head scratcher often enough.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Whatever "proof" you have, Wonder Woman is going to almost always win any battle with Power Girl. That's just a perk of being part of the Trinity and the most popular superheroine.
    It depends actually, Mark Waid had a mindcontrolled PG oneshot Diana.

When reverse happened, PG casually caught her punch.

So the notion that Diana is stronger than PG isn't always true.

Good scans............except in the first, Wonder Woman was busy holding up the entire roof and preoccupied doing that. She did not see/know Power Girl was going to divebomb her. In the second, PG knew WW was there. That could have made the difference,

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Good scans............except in the first, Wonder Woman was busy holding up the entire roof and preoccupied doing that. She did not see/know Power Girl was going to divebomb her. In the second, PG knew WW was there. That could have made the difference,
    Knowing she was punching her didn't allow PG to catch her punch, it was her superior strength. Dr Alchemy also chose PG and not Diana because PG was more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Knowing she was punching her didn't allow PG to catch her punch, it was her superior strength. Dr Alchemy also chose PG and not Diana because PG was more powerful.
    Did PG hit WW with something in her hand? It looks like some kind of glowing rock in PG's hand which she uses to punch WW.

I feel like those scans don't really prove anything.

Is anyone arguing that one of these characters is *massively* stronger than the other? We're talking about a fairly minimal difference in raw strength. Karen is strong enough to hurt Diana and vice versa; the fact that PG got a sucker punch in while Diana was distracted doesn't mean much, nor does the fact that Karen caught a punch she saw coming.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Did PG hit WW with something in her hand? It looks like some kind of glowing rock in PG's hand which she uses to punch WW.
    Its philosopher's stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I feel like those scans don't really prove anything.

Is anyone arguing that one of these characters is *massively* stronger than the other? We're talking about a fairly minimal difference in raw strength. Karen is strong enough to hurt Diana and vice versa; the fact that PG got a sucker punch in while Diana was distracted doesn't mean much, nor does the fact that Karen caught a punch she saw coming.
    Sure but Dr Alchemi choosing PG over Diana does prove it.

Yeah, I don't consider Dr. Alchemy to be a reliable narrator.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

So...how come in that PG wasn't hurt at all by all that Red K? It was doing a real number on Superman, and Kara was Kryptonian again by that time, and she's never again shown not hurt by any kind of K....

I did like a practical use for the invisible plane for once, though.

Wasn't that during the time when they were saying that Karen wasn't affected by kryptonite or red sun radiation the same was as Clark because she's from another reality, and the molecular structures are different?

~ Black Panther.

PG needs K from her own universe (E-2) to affect her.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post

So the notion that Diana is stronger than PG isn't always true.
    That's why I typed "almost always" in my earlier post. No character is 100% immune from a good thrashing.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

That's why I typed "almost always" in my earlier post. No character is 100% immune from a good thrashing.
    Especially as in Power Girl's case if your real vulnerabilities are to full nelsons and mind control. Those get her 100% of the time...