Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Easy. Elaine Belloc.

Certainly not the most important to us outside the fiction(That's a slam dunk to Wonder Woman), but she became The Presence and creation is founded in her being. Nothing's more powerful than everything.
    Last edited by Dred; 07-21-2020 at 06:00 PM.

.....technically, since Morrison's multiverse map still seems to be as close to an authority as we have, I'm pretty sure the Presence and heaven are located in the god sphere. Which means, even if the Presence is more powerful than the other beings in that cosmic ring (seems to be, far as I see it), at the very least Monitor space and the Overvoid stand above it.

Just nitpickin'
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Technically, the Presence does not reside in Heaven.

The Presence resides everywhere simultaneously and also in The Silver City, which is not Heaven and also not part of the Order of Created Things (per Neil Gaiman).

I've heard that the Source, Overvoid, and Presence are different aspects of the same thing.

Then there is The Writer, who is seemingly above everything.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cj619 View Post
    “Completely wrong!

a) Power Girls ranking makes NO SENSE...
    Power Girl is the older, more powerful, stronger Supergirl, so it doesnt make any sense to rank her under Supergirl.”

Apologies, I wasnÂ’t aware that my opinion on fictional characters could be wrong.

However I was going under a maybe old or wrong memory of Earth 2 KryptonianÂ’s being not as strong as Earth 1Â’s or whatever Earth is now the main one.
    Why?
    When did something like that happen?

Kal-L was initially weaker, but his powers took longer to evolve, but than he became as strong as Silver-Age Superman.

Actually I would rank the Earth 2 counterparts MUCH HIGHER than the "normal" Earth Ones.

Kal-L>>>>>>>>>>Kal-El
    Power Girl>>>>>>Supergirl

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No, you are correct that is how it was for a very looong time!!

In fact, when power Girl first appeared, she only had a fraction of Supergirl strength, could not fly, had no heat vision. She was already a late teen at that point.
    I dont know about her debut, but I know that she was rebooted into being ATLANTEAN...

I think in Crisis on Infinite Earths Kal-L showed that he surpassed Kal-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Thanks.

And don't get me wrong, I love Power Girl. I'm a regular in her appreciation thread, and have been a fan of her's for years.

Karen is a brilliant person with all the power of a full Kryptonian education behind her. The books almost never touch on this but she's smarter than Kara and Clark and easily understands the tech of people like Michael Holt. She's funny and badass and sassy and uber capable in any situation you put her in. She's survived the death of her world, her universe, and keeps on trucking like a true warrior, and has helped save the DCU more times than I can count. And I love the fact that her solo book actually dealt with "busty girl problems" because I've watched my wife struggle with the same thing and I know she appreciated having a superhero who had the same issues that epic boobs bring with them. Power Girl is a excellent character with tons of untapped potential, and is still a uber capable, interesting, enjoyable hero despite writers not using her to her full ability.

But she's not on Diana's level. And there's no shame in that, very few people are. Doesn't make Karen any "less" simply because an immortal demigoddess born into the royalty of a race of immortal warrior philosophers is slightly more capable and powerful.
    She surpassed Diana in strength, but she isnt as trained as her is...

Quote Originally Posted by cj619 View Post
    Completely blanked on Mary Marvel, Zatanna, Raven & Starfire.
    Maxima should also be in there.
    Why are people considering Females like Starfire or Mera here?????????????

Miss Martian,Bombshell,Zatanna,Raven completely outclass them...

If we go by feats, Diana has more and better. Which is a limited metric since Power Girl is a C-lister who doesn't get nearly as much panel time, but there it is. But the feats also show that Power Girl isn't far behind at all; she's had some damn impressive showings of raw strength.....just not as many as Diana.

If we go by lore, we're going to find largely the same situation. Clark is number 1. After that it gets a little murky, with people like Diana, PG, Supergirl, Shazam, and a few others all in close competition for that #2 spot. And I don't get why people struggle with the idea of Diana being stronger than PG; Karen is a kryptonian, true, but Diana is a f*cking goddess; the fact that Clark is stronger than her (and not by a large margin) says more about him as an individual than it does about his species as a whole. Clark's feats of strength surpass that of every other kryptonian, so why are people expecting them all to be equal?

The argument that Supergirl is stronger than Clark and therefore PG is, or should be, is a big pile of rubbish only seen in Supergirl comics desperately trying to make Kara look relevant. Both the lore and the feats prove this statement wrong, and it's easily written off as Kara lacking Clark's restraint.

In general terms of "all around badass" Diana surpasses them all anyway; better training and combat skill, magical gear that includes some of the most potent mystical artifacts on earth, no weaknesses against green rocks.....that woman is a legit beast.
    1. Like I said KRYPTONIANS ARE EQUAL, BUT!!!! Clark has the luck to be almost born here on Earth with a yellow sun, so he absorbed much sunlight which makes him so strong.
    It says NOTHING about him as individual, if Zod would have been send to Earth as baby he would be as strong as Clark-but better trained.

2. RAVEN surpass them all, but not Diana...

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Whatever "proof" you have, Wonder Woman is going to almost always win any battle with Power Girl. That's just a perk of being part of the Trinity and the most popular superheroine.
    NO!
    Power Girl is stronger than Diana, BUT Diana is better trained and they gave her (which is annoying also a kind of resistance to heat vision).

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    PG has no feats to put her above WW. And the own creator of their fight(simone run) has said PG is not stronger than WW. It doesn't matter that she is an older kryptonian. Diana has been training and fighting for thousands of years. She gets stronger via training and fighting. And PG is not above WW in power either. Diana has better strength, durability(outside her piercing weakness)combat speed, Zeus lightning, her unbreakable gear and skills.
    Strength:
    Power Girl>Diana
    Invulnerability
    Power Girl>Diana
    Powers
    Power Girl>Diana
    Skills
    Diana>Power Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Overall? Diana. It's not really a contest. One-on-one, I don't know many who can actually take her on without some degree of modification (such as no powers, etc). She's outrageously scary in a fight.

Just raw strength? I'd give it to Power Girl. Depending on how much DC likes to remember the rules they set up (which is never, but whatever) she's from the Pre-Crisis Earth 2 (which is established to have stronger Kryptonians than the Earths we generally read about) and kryptonite from other universes doesn't really effect Kryptonians like it would from their universe, so theoretically it shouldn't weaken her much if at all. You better hope they had a sale on red sun lamps at REI!

I don't think the gulf between PG and WW's strength is all that large. If Diana gets a good hit in on PG, it's going to hurt and she's definitely skilled enough to compound one into more and those into a proper beating.
    No-OVERALL gets clearly to RAVEN, then come MISS MARTIAN, ZATANNA, BOMBSHELL...

But YES-Earth 2 has the stronger Kryptonians (ORIGINAL ONES not current Superman of Earth 2)

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Why?
    When did something like that happen?

Kal-L was initially weaker, but his powers took longer to evolve, but than he became as strong as Silver-Age Superman.

Actually I would rank the Earth 2 counterparts MUCH HIGHER than the "normal" Earth Ones.

Kal-L>>>>>>>>>>Kal-El
    Power Girl>>>>>>Supergirl

I dont know about her debut, but I know that she was rebooted into being ATLANTEAN...

I think in Crisis on Infinite Earths Kal-L showed that he surpassed Kal-El.

She surpassed Diana in strength, but she isnt as trained as her is...

Why are people considering Females like Starfire or Mera here?????????????

Miss Martian,Bombshell,Zatanna,Raven completely outclass them...

1. Like I said KRYPTONIANS ARE EQUAL, BUT!!!! Clark has the luck to be almost born here on Earth with a yellow sun, so he absorbed much sunlight which makes him so strong.
    It says NOTHING about him as individual, if Zod would have been send to Earth as baby he would be as strong as Clark-but better trained.

2. RAVEN surpass them all, but not Diana...

NO!
    Power Girl is stronger than Diana, BUT Diana is better trained and they gave her (which is annoying also a kind of resistance to heat vision).

Strength:
    Power Girl>Diana
    Invulnerability
    Power Girl>Diana
    Powers
    Power Girl>Diana
    Skills
    Diana>Power Girl

No-OVERALL gets clearly to RAVEN, then come MISS MARTIAN, ZATANNA, BOMBSHELL...

But YES-Earth 2 has the stronger Kryptonians (ORIGINAL ONES not current Superman of Earth 2)
    Again. There are no feats to support your claim. And Superman is above most kryptonians. Because outside of what are just speculations. He has by far the best catalogue of feats. And at the end of the day, quantifiable evidence>speculations. Diana's power feats are not lacking compared to PG. On the contrary, they are better overall. So there is a valid reason to say WW>PG.

Mighty Member

I'm not up on my superman lore, but I think Cythonna would be the most powerful, she is after all a Kryptonian god that slapped Superman around like a little boy.

As for others....at one point Powergirl had her powers depreciated but I'm sure that got wiped out many years ago in a reboot. I fail to see how a Kryptonian woman/clone would be less powerful than Wonder Woman, unless Superman and Wonder Woman's strength is only a small matter of degree, but that would contradict the comics, because it's generally Superman that's the only one who can singularly take down Darkseid and Mongul and other supreme baddies.

and where does Mary marvel fit into this, and doesn't Darkseid have a daughter?

Non magical: Hard to order...not sure

1) Cythonna
    2) Power Girl
    3) Mary Marvel?
    4) Grail?
    5) Supergirl
    6) Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I'm not up on my superman lore, but I think Cythonna would be the most powerful, she is after all a Kryptonian god that slapped Superman around like a little boy.

As for others....at one point Powergirl had her powers depreciated but I'm sure that got wiped out many years ago in a reboot. I fail to see how a Kryptonian woman/clone would be less powerful than Wonder Woman, unless Superman and Wonder Woman's strength is only a small matter of degree, but that would contradict the comics, because it's generally Superman that's the only one who can singularly take down Darkseid and Mongul and other supreme baddies.

1) Cythonna
    2) Power Girl
    3) Mary Marvel?
    4) Grail?
    5) Supergirl
    6) Wonder Woman?
    Using your same logic, i fail to see how a Demi Goddess with blessings from multiple Gods such as WW would be less powerful than powergirl. Wonder Woman is not weaker than mary marvel, powergirl, supergirl and grail. And feats prove this for sure.

Mighty Member

Using your same logic, i fail to see how a Demi Goddess with blessings from multiple Gods such as WW would be less powerful than powergirl. Wonder Woman is not weaker than mary marvel, powergirl, supergirl and grail. And feats prove this for sure.
    Using the same logic I take it as what you meant. Well I'm more asking a question than making a declaration.

Superman can take down Darkseid, Mongul, Doomsday on his own. Wonder Woman cannot. So there is a gap in strength, which would suggest a female Kryptonian/clone like Powergirl and Supergirl would be more powerful. Maybe not to a large extent, but I would argue they have the edge over Wonder Woman.

Than their is the Mary Marvel question. At one point it was hard to tell who was stronger, Superman or Captain Marvel, if that is still the case, that means that Mary Marvel is probably closely tied with Power Girl.

Using the same logic I take it as what you meant. Well I'm more asking a question than making a declaration.

Superman can take down Darkseid, Mongul, Doomsday on his own. Wonder Woman cannot. So there is a gap in strength, which would suggest a female Kryptonian/clone like Powergirl and Supergirl would be more powerful. Maybe not to a large extent, but I would argue they have the edge over Wonder Woman.

Than their is the Mary Marvel question. At one point it was hard to tell who was stronger, Superman or Captain Marvel, if that is still the case, that means that Mary Marvel is probably closely tied with Power Girl.
    WW has already defeated Mongul and fought Darkseid one on one. She has also defeated both PG and Supergirl. And being a kryptonian doesn't mean they are all Superman's equals. Powergirl and Supergirl have not beat the likes of Doomsday or Darkseid one on one. And by actual showings, Superman is above those ladies. And shazam hasn't been Superman's equal in a long time. He hasn't even done anything impressive over a decade. In fact. Some people here seem to go by statements as if WW didn't have those too. She has many statements calling her the strongest female hero, and many others calling her equal to SM. So if statements for other characters like the ones you mentioned count. Then they must count for WW too.

Mighty Member

WW has already defeated Mongul and fought Darkseid one on one. She has also defeated both PG and Supergirl. And being a kryptonian doesn't mean they are all Superman's equals. Powergirl and Supergirl have not beat the likes of Doomsday or Darkseid one on one. And by actual showings, Superman is above those ladies. And shazam hasn't been Superman's equal in a long time. He hasn't even done anything impressive over a decade. In fact. Some people here seem to go by statements as if WW didn't have those too. She has many statements calling her the strongest female hero, and many others calling her equal to SM. So if statements for other characters like the ones you mentioned count. Then they must count for WW too.
    Hmmm, okay then, assuming she defeated Darkseid and Thanos with her fists. We can then assume at best that Wonder Woman is not as strong as Superman, but perhaps as strong as a female Kryptonian?
    Let's give you the benefit of the doubt for now and grant you that. Her fighting skills would then most definitely give her the edge, but the question I have is....

What it Wonder Woman's overall powers beside super strength and Amazon agility? I know she's magical, but does she possess any significant game changing magical powers?

1) Cythonna
    2) Wonder Woman?
    3) Power Girl?
    4) Grail?
    5) Supergirl
    6) Mary Marvel?(What are they doing to the Marvel's that make them less powerful than the superman family?)

Hmmm, okay then, assuming she defeated Darkseid and Thanos with her fists. We can then assume at best that Wonder Woman is not as strong as Superman, but perhaps as strong as a female Kryptonian?
    Let's give you the benefit of the doubt for now and grant you that. Her fighting skills would then most definitely give her the edge, but the question I have is....

What it Wonder Woman's overall powers beside super strength and Amazon agility? I know she's magical, but does she possess any significant game changing magical powers?

1) Cythonna
    2) Wonder Woman?
    3) Power Girl?
    4) Grail?
    5) Supergirl
    6) Mary Marvel?(What are they doing to the Marvel's that make them less powerful than the superman family?)
    Thanos is from Marvel. And when she fought Darkseid. She was able to take many hits from him. Damage him with her own hits and even break one of his fingers. In terms of strength. Her feats are better than both PG and SG. And Superman has better feats of strength than the 3. Which is why i say we shouldn't use him as a scale. Because the actual quantifiable evidence proves that not all kryptonians are as strong as SM.

WW's powers are. Super strength, speed, durability, regenerating/healing factor. Enchanted senses. Flight. Animal communication. Zeus lightning. And of course her gear.

Mighty Member

1) Cythonna
    2) Power Girl
    3) Mary Marvel?
    4) Grail?
    5) Supergirl
    6) Wonder Woman?
    Are you aware that Wonder Woman has defeated more than half of the ones you ranked above her, partly even while they were amped,bloodlusted, and so on?

Powergirl is not Superman, Darkseid already jobbed to Wonder Woman as well even quite recently, in New 52 was Mongul even with help weaker than Wonder Woman and why would be Mary Marvel more powerful than Wonder Woman?

Astonishing Member

.....technically, since Morrison's multiverse map still seems to be as close to an authority as we have, I'm pretty sure the Presence and heaven are located in the god sphere. Which means, even if the Presence is more powerful than the other beings in that cosmic ring (seems to be, far as I see it), at the very least Monitor space and the Overvoid stand above it.

Just nitpickin'
    Even if that's how you choose to see it, Elaine Belloc fused two multiverses together within herself. There's no female identified entity that's ever even come close to that level of power. Even if you go by Morrison's guidebook of the one, local multiverse she's bigger than two.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Even if that's how you choose to see it, Elaine Belloc fused two multiverses together within herself. There's no female identified entity that's ever even come close to that level of power. Even if you go by Morrison's guidebook of the one, local multiverse she's bigger than two.
    Perpetua and Hecate are both multiversal beings, and i am pretty sure they identify themselves as female.

Mighty Member

Even if that would be true, that argument would be similar to saying Wonder Woman can defeat Circe, the Queen of Fables or Ares on her own. Superman cannot. Which would suggest Donna Troy and Cassandra Sandsmark must be more powerful than Powergirl and Supergirl. Maybe not to a large extend, but i would argue they have an edge over Powergirl and Supergirl.

At the point were Captain Marvel was that close to Superman were his empowerments very similar or even virtuallyidentical to Wonder Woman's divine empowerments, like Hermes and Mercury for speed as example. And Captain Marvel had a magical advantage that Wonder Woman theoretically also had depending on when, but never really used against Superman.

1) Cythonna
    2) Wonder Woman?
    3) Power Girl?
    4) Grail?
    5) Supergirl
    Not sure how Thanos sneaked into this discussion, but Wonder Woman having at least the strength of female Kryptonians and an edge due to fighting skills, would be definitively more in line with her fights against Powergirl, Supergirl and Faora than what you have said before.

There are the divine empowerments outside of New 52 like the speed of Hermes, Wisdom of Athena and so on, Animal Emphaty, Flight, a healing factor, magic to a degree like for illusions and Zeus lightning, before Flashpoint also dimensional traveling and eyes that see through illusions, and mostly divine gear with abilities like sub-atomic sharpness, truth enforcement, soul manipulation, magical flames and so on.