Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Technically, the Presence does not reside in Heaven.

The Presence resides everywhere simultaneously and also in The Silver City, which is not Heaven and also not part of the Order of Created Things (per Neil Gaiman).

I've heard that the Source, Overvoid, and Presence are different aspects of the same thing.

Then there is The Writer, who is seemingly above everything.
    Just looked at the Multiversity guidebook; the Silver City is located in heaven along with the Pax Dei and Spectre but nothing about the Presence itself is mentioned specifically.

Maybe it is part of the Source and Overvoid; three aspects of the same thing. Been far too long since I read Gaiman's Endless to remember, though I *think* the Writer and Overvoid are supposed to be the same thing? That's the impression I've got anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Even if that's how you choose to see it, Elaine Belloc fused two multiverses together within herself. There's no female identified entity that's ever even come close to that level of power. Even if you go by Morrison's guidebook of the one, local multiverse she's bigger than two.
    You got me there.

I suppose we also have to acknowledge Perpetua as well. She's, from, what, Monitor space?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Just looked at the Multiversity guidebook; the Silver City is located in heaven along with the Pax Dei and Spectre but nothing about the Presence itself is mentioned specifically.

Maybe it is part of the Source and Overvoid; three aspects of the same thing. Been far too long since I read Gaiman's Endless to remember, though I *think* the Writer and Overvoid are supposed to be the same thing? That's the impression I've got anyway.

You got me there.

I suppose we also have to acknowledge Perpetua as well. She's, from, what, Monitor space?
    No we don't. After all, she's called "Perpetua", which is just embarrassing. So she's out. So it the mighty...Elaine? You can see that doesn't work. We don't want to answer our Marvel friend's question to that effect with "Elaine" or "Perpetua". It's bad enough when they bring up live action films, but with this....

Now, answering that question with "Wonder Woman" or "Power Girl" or "Supergirl" doesn't leave us automatically hanging our heads in shame.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Even if that would be true, that argument would be similar to saying Wonder Woman can defeat Circe, the Queen of Fables or Ares on her own. Superman cannot. Which would suggest Donna Troy and Cassandra Sandsmark must be more powerful than Powergirl and Supergirl. Maybe not to a large extend, but i would argue they have an edge over Powergirl and Supergirl.

At the point were Captain Marvel was that close to Superman were his empowerments very similar or even virtuallyidentical to Wonder Woman's divine empowerments, like Hermes and Mercury for speed as example. And Captain Marvel had a magical advantage that Wonder Woman theoretically also had depending on when, but never really used against Superman.

Not sure how Thanos sneaked into this discussion, but Wonder Woman having at least the strength of female Kryptonians and an edge due to fighting skills, would be definitively more in line with her fights against Powergirl, Supergirl and Faora than what you have said before.

There are the divine empowerments outside of New 52 like the speed of Hermes, Wisdom of Athena and so on, Animal Emphaty, Flight, a healing factor, magic to a degree like for illusions and Zeus lightning, before Flashpoint also dimensional traveling and eyes that see through illusions, and mostly divine gear with abilities like sub-atomic sharpness, truth enforcement, soul manipulation, magical flames and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Are you aware that Wonder Woman has defeated more than half of the ones you ranked above her, partly even while they were amped,bloodlusted, and so on?

Powergirl is not Superman, Darkseid already jobbed to Wonder Woman as well even quite recently, in New 52 was Mongul even with help weaker than Wonder Woman and why would be Mary Marvel more powerful than Wonder Woman?

No I wasn't aware of that, metahumans aren't my speciality, I'm asking this question out of curiosity, as I find it an interesting one. I do not have a preference who is first, but I do find that Wonder Woman is often protrayed as notably weaker than Superman in WC cartoons, and in past decades, which prompted my question. (ps, Thanos was to say Mongul)

The divine empowerments explain a lot if it's the similar to Captain Marvel the speed of Hermes? I'm assuming it would allow her not to get beaten to a pulp by a Kryptonian with super speed. Allright how about this....Wonder Woman at number 2!

1) Cythonna
    2) Wonder Woman
    3) Donna Troy
    4) Power Girl
    5) Grail?
    6) Supergirl
    7) Mary Marvel? (Surly she cannot be that low?)
    8) Circe???

Now comes the interesting question, where do purely magical heroes on this list arise. Raven, Zatanna Morgain Le Fey and Enchantress, fall in.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    NO!
    Power Girl is stronger than Diana, BUT Diana is better trained and they gave her (which is annoying also a kind of resistance to heat vision).
    Once again, do not shout on this forum. Not just mods like myself, but anyone. Okay?

As for PG and WW, I have made my opinion known here and I'm not deviating from it. Since these are all fictional characters, it's silly to get excited about any of this.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Once again, do not shout on this forum. Not just mods like myself, but anyone. Okay?

As for PG and WW, I have made my opinion known here and I'm not deviating from it. Since these are all fictional characters, it's silly to get excited about any of this.
    Some say it's silly to discuss any of this stuff. I just think it's fun!

Ultimately, yeah, the trinity will generally trump everyone else and within it, the current pecking order is Bruce>>Clark>=Diana depending on current trends.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Some say it's silly to discuss any of this stuff. I just think it's fun!
    Discussing it is indeed fun, but getting upset over any of this isn't necessary, IMO.

Ultimately, yeah, the trinity will generally trump everyone else and within it, the current pecking order is Bruce>>Clark>=Diana depending on current trends.
    Yep. For better or for worse, greater demand for a character gives him/her greater consideration.

Strength isn't a single scale. To a large degree, it depends on how it is measured, and conditioning counts for a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if Power Girl could lift and toss heavier objects than Wonder Woman, but Wonder Woman could keep it up for longer, or could toss things further. They are close enough to each other in strength that other factors than "raw" strength determines who comes out on top.

Or as Batman put it when asked: who is the fastest, Usain Bolt or Bruce Lee (even if Bruce Lee was dead at the time…)? The same thing applies to strength.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Mighty Member

Interesting, according to CBR, Power Girl is stronger than Wonder Woman, implying she is more powerful.

https://www.cbr.com/heroines-stronger-wonder-woman/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Interesting, according to CBR, Power Girl is stronger than Wonder Woman, implying she is more powerful.

Let me point out that an article which confuses Black Canary with Power Girl isn't probably the most...accurate source of information out there.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Let me point out that an article which confuses Black Canary with Power Girl isn't probably the most...accurate source of information out there.
    Sonic scream indeed. Karen is also not an equivalent of Clark.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

That article is not really accurate. PG is not as strong as Superman. And Diana has better strength feats than PG too.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Strength isn't a single scale. To a large degree, it depends on how it is measured, and conditioning counts for a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if Power Girl could lift and toss heavier objects than Wonder Woman, but Wonder Woman could keep it up for longer, or could toss things further. They are close enough to each other in strength that other factors than "raw" strength determines who comes out on top.

Or as Batman put it when asked: who is the fastest, Usain Bolt or Bruce Lee (even if Bruce Lee was dead at the time…)? The same thing applies to strength.
    I understand your point. But i think that based on what we have seen from PG and WW, there is no reason to assume that WW is below her. Based on showings Diana is not lacking strength compared to PG at all.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    That article is not really accurate. PG is not as strong as Superman. And Diana has better strength feats than PG too.
    Lol, Hey I'm just putting it out there, according to CBR she can...

Living up to her name, Power Girl is one of the most powerful women in the DC Universe. Who else can beat up Black Adam, Superman, and send Wonder Woman flying across a continent with a single punch?

https://www.cbr.com/females-more-pow...-wonder-woman/

Lol, Hey I'm just putting it out there, according to CBR she can...
    Yeah, but your quote says she is "one" of the most powerful women. Not that Powergirl is "the" most powerful woman.

That honor belongs to Wonder Woman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah, but your quote says she is "one" of the most powerful women. Not that Powergirl is "the" most powerful woman.

That honor belongs to Wonder Woman.
    touche!