Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I hope the black out affects not just Earth, but the entire MU. The shiar, kree, and skrull empires not having access to tech anymore would interesting.
    I would love that for a Sequel. For now though, the series would be pulled too thin and scattered if they went Cosmic with it. Since each Planet would be 100% more concerned with their Planet rather then how others may be handling it.

I do love this idea though (or that a Council of those species DID THIS to Earth to try and keep them from continuing to interfere with their plans)
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

If this is a no-technology "back to basics" thing I want some damn Ka-Zar in this!
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I'm interested, the premise is intriguing. I'm happy that it's not some medieval thing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Of course, no tech means....
    • Vision, Viv Vision, Jocasta and Machine Man, as well as any other robots, are dead.
    • Misty Knight and Winter Soldier both lose their cybernetic arms.
    • All Iron family heroes are powerless. Tony's already out of commission and Ironheart, Rescue, War Machine and Iron Patriot are all grounded. The Novas are probably also unable to use their powers.
    • The Avengers Quinjets, X-Men's Blackbirds, the Fantasticar, and the Champions Mobile Bunker are non-functional.
    • Peter and Miles will still have most of their powers... but not their webs. Unlike Anya, Gwen and Silk, the Spider-Men's web shooters are mechanical, so they'll be broken.
    • With the exception of Janet (who has natural wings and no helmet), the Ant-Man family is mostly depowered. Stinger and Unstoppable Wasp both have mechanical wings, so they won't be able to fly. None of them can use their helmets, so the insect communication ability is gone as well.
    • Horrifyingly, anyone who was on life support in the hospital will be dead, as will anyone who was on a plane, and more than likely anyone who was at sea (no navigational controls on the ships).
    Any heroes in vehicles when it happens might be taken off the board too. The FF might be off on an adventure in space/ another dimension and are lost/dead as a result.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I don't know what you mean by Harley equivalent. But I wouldn't be surprised to see X-23 in a big role, considering Taylor wrote Laura's All-New Wolverine series.
    Taylor's pet character. I guess that could be Gabby...

Looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    What that means is also: SENTINELS BTFO!
    And unless the shutdown also applies to Krakoa's biotech, the mutants are the big winners.

It will have to. The idea is to explore a context with no technology; if a fantastic but otherwise functional technology still works, it undermines the whole premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I hope the black out affects not just Earth, but the entire MU. The shiar, kree, and skrull empires not having access to tech anymore would interesting.
    Would it? We would never see them again, and the Fermi Paradox would be in full effect.

Meanwhile, in Krakoa.

>Quentin is watching TV when the shut down happens.
    >"Awh poop. Come on now. No electricity? Krakoa, make some puppet show."
    >Vine-puppet show replaces TV.
    >And no one else in Krakoa noticed anything different.

Just kidding though. If Krakoa exists in this world then the biggest problem for them will be that Cerebro will become non-functional. Ergo eliminating their ability to revive people with their memories as per the canon universe. So no more reviving people...but otherwise, yeah. I think they are the biggest winners. They basically avoided their bad end entirely and inherited the Earth.

Astonishing Member

I might get this. It's been awhile since a Marvel event sounded interesting.

Mighty Member

Normally would not be interested in this sort of thing. But, I am a fan of Tom Taylor. (Anyone who could make DC's "Injustice" that good is worth following.)

Horrifyingly, anyone who was on life support in the hospital will be dead, as will anyone who was on a plane, and more than likely anyone who was at sea (no navigational controls on the ships).
    Navigation would not be an issue. Most anyone on any ocean-bound ship would have some idea of how to navigate using a compass and stars.

Moving, on the other hand, would be an impossible problem. Not many long-range craft are built to use wind.

(The only way it could work is if the blackout only applies to electronics. Can the engines be fired mechanically?)

The production, transport and storage of food would be impacted. Electronic/digital currency would be destroyed.

Most cities would be unlivable. (Even walk-up apartments need electric light and running water.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

This reminds me more of what happened the day Ultron took over in Age of Ultron. We never saw what happened to Iron Man and Cap and what it was like between the Ultron attack and the heroes ending up in Central Park.

Mighty Member

When is this happening?
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

No one knows, Cobello is back on Venom and Tom is kinda at DC in the moment.

His Suicide Squad is ending though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

His Suicide Squad is ending though.
    Yeah but his name has also floated around as a possible author for a new DC book.

It's finally back on the schedule!

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-te...-of-dark-ages/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman