Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Post Dark Ages (2020(?) Event by Tom Taylor)

Just read FCBD X-Men/Dark Ages, and the Dark Ages story was pretty standard (until it wasn't) and the last page I read the Writers name and became INSTANTLY Excited.

Tom Taylor is easily one of the Best Comic Book Writers today and I had Zero Clue that he was writing an Event. I am more excited about this then literally ANY Crossover since House of X (or Secret Wars really).

His X-Men Red, Injustice Years 1-3, and DCseased were all some of the best Runs of the past 10 years. When Hickman got X-Men, even I was saying it should have gone to Taylor bc of his Excellent X-Men Red run, and I LOVE Hickman's work.

So, yeah, I am excited about this.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

https://www.cbr.com/dark-ages-dcease...rvel-universe/

"Taylor did reveal a major detail about Dark Ages the morning of the issue's release. Posting on Twitter, the writer confirmed that Dark Ages does not take place in the main continuity, which also mirrors the structure of DCeased's story. This allows Taylor the freedom to put our heroes through the emotional ringer with very real stakes, such as leaving Iron Man without one of his limbs."

Now I am even MORE Excited about this. Taylor is going to be able to have some real Fun here.

Tom Taylor and a post-apocalyptic Superhero setting? What a surprise .

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, Tommy's Marvel stuff hasn't been as good as his DC stuff.

I sleep.
    "Cable was right!"

If there are no zombies involved then I’m interested. Just a story about heroes trying to prevent society from collapsing in a world with no technology is cool enough for me.

Of course, no tech means....
    • Vision, Viv Vision, Jocasta and Machine Man, as well as any other robots, are dead.
    • Misty Knight and Winter Soldier both lose their cybernetic arms.
    • All Iron family heroes are powerless. Tony's already out of commission and Ironheart, Rescue, War Machine and Iron Patriot are all grounded. The Novas are probably also unable to use their powers.
    • The Avengers Quinjets, X-Men's Blackbirds, the Fantasticar, and the Champions Mobile Bunker are non-functional.
    • Peter and Miles will still have most of their powers... but not their webs. Unlike Anya, Gwen and Silk, the Spider-Men's web shooters are mechanical, so they'll be broken.
    • With the exception of Janet (who has natural wings and no helmet), the Ant-Man family is mostly depowered. Stinger and Unstoppable Wasp both have mechanical wings, so they won't be able to fly. None of them can use their helmets, so the insect communication ability is gone as well.
    • Horrifyingly, anyone who was on life support in the hospital will be dead, as will anyone who was on a plane, and more than likely anyone who was at sea (no navigational controls on the ships).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What that means is also: SENTINELS BTFO!
    And unless the shutdown also applies to Krakoa's biotech, the mutants are the big winners.

Last edited by mugiwara; 07-20-2020 at 08:47 PM.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tom Taylor and a post-apocalyptic Superhero setting? What a surprise .
    Yeah lemme guess, the heroes die horrendous deaths and are replaced with legacy characters that have to try to survive right up until the universe ends in a heat death

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    And unless the shutdown also applies to Krakoa's biotech, the mutants are the big winners.

I don't know about that....does it account for big time magic users like Doctor Strange, Brother Voodoo and Doctor Doom?

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I’ve only actually read the first DCeased by Tom Taylor But I did really enjoy it. From what I’ve gather, he’s at his best with these out of continuity stories?

I’ll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I’ve only actually read the first DCeased by Tom Taylor But I did really enjoy it. From what I’ve gather, he’s at his best with these out of continuity stories?

I’ll check it out.
    I don't know about best, but it definitely seems to be in his wheelhouse.

Who will be his Harley equivalent?

I don't know what you mean by Harley equivalent. But I wouldn't be surprised to see X-23 in a big role, considering Taylor wrote Laura's All-New Wolverine series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post

Who knows if Krakoa EXISTS in this version of the Marvel Universe (I hope it does simply bc Hickmans status quo shift for them does in deed make them the HUGE winners of this)

I had forgotten about his EXCELLENT All-New Wolverine run! I need to go back and re-read that. And i failed to mention his Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man run that was also Excellent (with a special shout out to Issue #6 and Spider-Bite)

If you want to get to know Taylor's Marvel work; Read All-New Wolverine, X-Men Red, and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (2019) 1-14.

This will also be his 1st foray into the Marvel Universe where he has (nearly) Free Reign (much like DCeased and Injustice). Hence why i am even more excited about it, because i do not believe he will go the same route as in DCeased in killing of the Legacy Heroes to "promote" the young Heroes. He tends to Not reuse the same Plot Points across Stories. He killed off Batman in Issue #1 of DCeased (I believe) because he was one of the Protected Characters for Injustice. He wiped him off the Board as soon as possible so he could Write a DIFFERENT KIND of Damian then he had been in Injustice. That is just one of the reasons why I have become a bigger and bigger fan of Taylor's work.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’ll give it a go...

I hope the black out affects not just Earth, but the entire MU. The shiar, kree, and skrull empires not having access to tech anymore would interesting.