Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Not really sure what to think about this.

Another mediocre write writing a event

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Todd Mcfarlane besides himself right now.

Fantastic Member

hopefully coello has this finished already and is moving on to something else after his venom run he should be on a much much more high profile book for art. really if this book never came out who would care these out of contunity mini series just do not sell may sell later in in trades but regular issues nope

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post

I thought the preview was good and was interested. I’m willing to give it a try. Tony’s in it and Tom Taylor is a good writer.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

IMO Taylor should stick to what he's writing the best- character driven stories. Human drama. Mary Jane issue from FNSM. Or even an issue about sick boy, Spider-Bite. Incredible, very touching stuff. I also very much enjoyed his take on Alfred in "Father's Day". His "events" like Injustice and DCeased, on the other hand, are too edgy to be taken seriously. This is just Ultimatum v.2.0. Can't wait for Captain America to break his neck from falling off the stairs or smth. But that's my take, you can enjoy whatever you want to enjoy.

I hope it's a fun adventure. I also hope that the heroes actually win in the end and it's not a "beyonder/Cosmic-Cube girl" who fixes everything in the end.

Mighty Member

Marvel Fans: Whew, guess DC fans have to be suffer since Tom's DCeased really put a gut to the fans with so many emotional story.

Marvel: Releasing "Dark Ages" by Tom Taylor.

Marvel Fans: My time has come.

DC fans: Guess it's your turn.

Astonishing Member

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Marvel Fans: Whew, guess DC fans have to be suffer since Tom's DCeased really put a gut to the fans with so many emotional story.

Marvel: Releasing "Dark Ages" by Tom Taylor.

Marvel Fans: My time has come.

DC fans: Guess it's your turn.
    I mean hey at the very least they didn't just make Taylor write a new marvel zombies and is focusing on entirely different story with a Watcher related event.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    IMO Taylor should stick to what he's writing the best- character driven stories. Human drama. Mary Jane issue from FNSM. Or even an issue about sick boy, Spider-Bite. Incredible, very touching stuff. I also very much enjoyed his take on Alfred in "Father's Day". His "events" like Injustice and DCeased, on the other hand, are too edgy to be taken seriously. This is just Ultimatum v.2.0. Can't wait for Captain America to break his neck from falling off the stairs or smth. But that's my take, you can enjoy whatever you want to enjoy.
    I think Spider-man is the lead for this.
    He has a kid I think and in either case he is the best choice for character driven story.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I'm mildly interested in this, but so far based on the preview covers, it just seems like another "One day everything goes wrong" scenario story

Amazing Member

Unmaker looks like if Legion from ME and a Tau Battlesuit had a baby.