Default jessica jones and punisher rights are back at marvel

https://screenrant.com/jessica-jones...egain-updates/ the Netflix stuff never hit the mark for me.
    Last edited by choptop; 05-11-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Does make me wonder where the 2015-2019 Netflix Marvel shows will end up now they have the full set. Best case, they eventually get shifted over to Disney+ via Star/Hulu with little fuss and to set up new projects with those characters and most of their actors with minimal recasts. Worse case they get taken off Netflix and don't appear anywhere else.

Regardless I best get around to catching up with those shows already! (Up to Jessica Jones S2 atm.)

Jessica and Matt I would love to keep as is.

Danny and Luke I am on the fence with. I think they're great actors but I would not be super sad with a recast.

Coleen and Misty were perfect IMHO but I think both are busy with other things.

Foggy needs to stay.

Frank was a great casting as well. I hope he stays.

I think Matt, Frank, and Jessica are the easiest to keep around because you can clean up their backgrounds rather easily.

The rest seem expendable to me.

You know, if they got the actors back ... Luke, Danny, Coleen, Misty would be a great H4H. JJ can stay with Shulkie a bit before she shows up.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 02-19-2021 at 02:42 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Since Shang Chi and Moon Knight are going to need to do stuff after their own movies/shows I think Heroes for Hire would be a perfect place for them.

Also total shot in the dark but assuming Holland's Spidey doesn't get pitched away to the Venomverse I think a project akin to the GOTG Holiday Special for Disney+ where he and Daredevil team up to fight Kingpin would be so awesome and let us have that iconic duo and the Spider-Man vs Kingpin showdown everyone (especially Vincent) have wanted.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 02-19-2021 at 02:51 PM.

So does that mean the rights to Daredevil cage and IF are already back at marvel?

Maybe I'm holding a grudge, but I really wouldn't mind if Danny were recast, and that was it.

Most everyone else was pretty stellar in their roles, especially the villains.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

Danny and Luke I am on the fence with. I think they're great actors but I would not be super sad with a recast.
    I've liked the guy that plays Luke Cage in supporting roles but No they were not great actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Maybe I'm holding a grudge, but I really wouldn't mind if Danny were recast, and that was it.

Most everyone else was pretty stellar in their roles, especially the villains.
    Yeah, except for Danny, I'd consider recasting and redoing the characters to be a second rate imitation of the Netflix versions. I don't know if they can legally have the Netflix versions be in continuity. But, even if they can, they won't. They can't count on the movie audience having seen the Netflix stuff.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So does that mean the rights to Daredevil cage and IF are already back at marvel?
    I think Jessica and Punisher were the last 2 to come back.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I think we're more likely to see Daredevil first before we see the rest of the Defenders characters.