Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Where do you see the CW-verse going?

Considering the fact that this shared universe has reached its natural climax with Crisis on Infinite Earths, how long do you think these shows can be sustained? The Flash has been turning its wheels for seasons, Batwoman is already a mess, and I don't even know what the new Superman show is going to do since Supergirl used a lot of Superman's material.

Do you think that they'll eventually have a mass cleansing of shows like Marvel did when its streaming shows started getting picked up or drag things out as long as possible?

They’ll keep going until the viewers aren’t there anymore. Some of the shows are going to be winding down soon.

Supergirl I don’t expect to last longer than 2-3 seasons more. Benoist is pregnant and I think she’ll probably depart to focus on raising her kid for a while. I think that’s why they’re making Superman & Lois, as a replacement. S&L still has stuff like Brainiac and Darkseid they can use for Big Bads, and raising the kids will add a new twist on the relationship.

Flash is going to keep going as long as Gustin wants to do it, it’s their most popular show and they have no reason to stop.

Batwoman is in trouble. It was already one of their least popular shows and I don’t know if the audience will be there for an Arrowverse OC Batwoman. Could see this getting cancelled after next season.

First I’d like to say that besides the trouble that Batwoman is in after the loss of the main character all the other shows are still going on as intended and while it may be harder to do bigger crossovers, nothing is stopping them from doing small events and stories like just Flash appearing in Black Lightning or a Superfamily crossover with supergirl and the new Superman and Lois show coming next year.

But I think it honestly really depends on streaming shows. Stargirl is doing great and is technically part of that universe as the new earth 2 after crisis. Beyond that is other shows coming to HBO Max like Green Lantern or Justice League Dark. Nothing is stopping them from fitting into the Arrowverse as either in continuity or another earth like Stargirl. I think a lot will depend on the future of streaming providers and if the shows can be carried on there.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Superman & Lois could take on Supergirl cast members if that ends - specifically Lex Luthor and Martian Manhunter. Next season could be the last for both Batwoman and Supergirl for the reasons Vordan mentioned.

Flash is safe. The pandemic has both helped and hindered it - by the time they're back on set, Danielle Panabaker will be back from having her baby (who was born in April), and thus Frost can now participate in the episodes they failed to make last season. Good thing too as someone needs to take on whatever role Elongated Man should've had in those episodes (his actor got sacked), and I can't imagine him getting replaced until they move onto the originally intended season 7 plot. The fact they introduced XS in season 5 will be handy if Candice Patton ends up expecting any time soon (they could just write it into the show), so hopefully losing Iris isn't a concern either. They're already covered if Cisco's actor leaves as they introduced Chester P Runk last season, who can do his job.

I would expect Stargirl to have a crossover with Flash at some point - it's officially a CW show now. They could use that as how the multiverse is rediscovered? As of Crisis pt 5 they think they only restored one universe. Obviously, meeting Courtney would change that.

I'm not sure about Legends of Tomorrow. It's cast changes a lot. Black Lightning will be in trouble if any of the main family leaves.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Considering the fact that this shared universe has reached its natural climax with Crisis on Infinite Earths, how long do you think these shows can be sustained? The Flash has been turning its wheels for seasons, Batwoman is already a mess, and I don't even know what the new Superman show is going to do since Supergirl used a lot of Superman's material.

Do you think that they'll eventually have a mass cleansing of shows like Marvel did when its streaming shows started getting picked up or drag things out as long as possible?
    Tv shows were meant to be indefinite so i could see them going on as long as they can. Ending shows when its time and bringing in new ones.

Going? Seems they got plenty of content.
    As some shows run their course, others will be developed.
    I still want a Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle series out of them, they teased years ago.
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-20-2020 at 01:57 PM.

Spectacular Member

The real problem would be finding the right time to end a show, in my opinion. Alot of people would assume the only way one of those shows, due to being all in the same universe, actually ends, would be the title character's death.
    my opinion:
    Flash will be safe for a few more years, even if "Barry" leaves, and "Wally" takes the mantle.
    Black Lightning, in my opinion, is actually really good after the first season. Hopefully they can continue that for a bit.
    I dont see Supergirl lasting more than a couple more years once the Superman and Lois show starts. Unless they somehow push that show into the future, and add her to a Legion of Superheroes show.
    Batwoman, was by far, in my opinion, the worst of these CW shows. Its a mess, and the idea to not recast the role, but put a different character in the suit makes no sense to me.
    I enjoy Legends for the fun of it, thats it.
    What I have seen from Stargirl is great, so far. Should be safe for a while.

I want a Blue Beetle show!

Astonishing Member

Maybe an Outsiders show?

Outsiders is no go. One of the main team members is Black Lightning, who already has a show.
    Quote Originally Posted by csmith25 View Post
    The real problem would be finding the right time to end a show, in my opinion. Alot of people would assume the only way one of those shows, due to being all in the same universe, actually ends, would be the title character's death.
    They already did that with Arrow. It would be repetitive if Flash ended the same way.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

People responded well to the last season of The Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

Oh I think they’ll definitely drag it out as long as they can, but as others mentioned some are nearing their natural end, and Batwoman probably shot itself in the foot. Then there’s the interesting question of how they would wrap up their stories. The comics never really get to an ending but tv is different. As was the case with Oliver, the protagonist dying at the end is kinda the default way to go when it comes to series finales. But I can’t imagine that’s how they’d play it with everybody. With Flash, Barry escapes his death in crisis, it’s hard to see him dying after all that, but how else would you end it? And he’s got to get free of Eobard Thawne somehow, but how would that even be possible when it’s been established that he’s unkillable? I guess Legends would end with Sara leaving the team. Jeff could step down for his girls. Maybe Supergirl could take a page out of the DCAU and go to the future with Brainy and Mon-El.
    Well that or they could just pull an Arrowverse Apokolips War and just burn the whole thing down.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I see the Superman & Lois show taking the Supergirl slot. Whether it will be permanent or not, I'm not sure. It will depend on if Benoist wants to continue.
    I've found Supergirl pretty dull after season 2 and wouldn't be upset if it wrapped up.
    The Flash will limp along for another season or two. Last year wasn't too bad, but the series is getting weaker with every season.
    I REALLY hope Legends of Tomorrow runs for another few years. It's a great show that doesn't take itself too seriously. (Although season 1 was VERY wobbly)
    Black Lightning has PLENTY of legs. It's a solid show, excellent actors and great writing.
    Unfortunately, while I was wrapt to see Aussie Ruby Rose as the lead in Batwoman, it's pretty awful and I don't see how a new lead will POSSIBLY work.
    I am yet to see anything of Stargirl, but by all accounts it's pretty damn good.

What I would REALLY LOVE to see, I mean give my right nut for, would be an Earth 2 show with Wesley-Shipp headlining as the Flash. He has been criminally underused in the Flash and just OWNS every scene he's in.
    Last edited by married guy; 07-20-2020 at 05:53 PM.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I see the Superman & Lois show taking the Supergirl slot. Whether it will be permanent or not, I'm not sure. It will depend on if Benoist wants to continue.
    I've found Supergirl pretty dull after season 2 and wouldn't be upset if it wrapped up.
    The Flash will limp along for another season or two. Last year wasn't too bad, but the series is getting weaker with every season.
    I REALLY hope Legends of Tomorrow runs for another few years. It's a great show that doesn't take itself too seriously. (Although season 1 was VERY wobbly)
    Black Lightning has PLENTY of legs. It's a solid show, excellent actors and great writing.
    Unfortunately, while I was wrapt to see Aussie Ruby Rose as the lead in Batwoman, it's pretty awful and I don't see how a new lead will POSSIBLY work.
    I am yet to see anything of Stargirl, but by all accounts it's pretty damn good.

What I would REALLY LOVE to see, I mean give my right nut for, would be an Earth 2 show with Wesley-Shipp headlining as the Flash. He has been criminally underused in the Flash and just OWNS every scene he's in.
    Agreed! That would be amazing!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Supergirl having already used some of the biggest Superman's enemies and storylines could be a good thing, an opportunity for them to use some of the underused foes. Unfortunately if the rumors are to be trusted they chose to use an alternate Lex than to give try on Brainiac.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They definitely need another team show that takes itself seriously and isnt Legends of Tomorrow. Also a show that explores the more magical side of the DC-CWverse (and isny Legends of Tomorrow)

Also need an anti-hero show (Catwoman would be GREAT) and a vilain show.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 07-20-2020 at 09:49 PM.