Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    What I would REALLY LOVE to see, I mean give my right nut for, would be an Earth 2 show with Wesley-Shipp headlining as the Flash. He has been criminally underused in the Flash and just OWNS every scene he's in.
    Though, of course, they'd have to call it Earth 3, since that's the world Jay Garrick is from in the Arrowverse. They originally flipped Earths 2 and 3 and Earth 2 is now Stargirl's world.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

As with most TV franchises, I suspect that we'll get diminishing returns until they are all cancelled, only to be rebooted a few years later with a new cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They definitely need another team show that takes itself seriously and isnt Legends of Tomorrow. Also a show that explores the more magical side of the DC-CWverse (and isny Legends of Tomorrow)
    They already have shows that take themselves seriously. That's why many like Legends. It holds a different tone than the other Arrowverse shows.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Seems a lot of shared thoughts here.
    Flash is starting to get a tad stale. I'm disappointed in the Dibny situation from various points and that plot line was more fun to me than the "mirror master" thread.
    Supergirl may have had its strongest season to date in my opinion. When the writers just write solid superhero fare and aren't heavy handed with their political leanings leaking into it like S2-3 it is a damn good show. Transforming it into a LEGION show(in the future) makes all kinds of sense. Send some of the supporting earth characters over to Superman&Lois.
    Legends of Tomorrow is getting long in the tooth. I'm mainly watching for Constantine at this point and he's watered down a bit to fit the tone. Why Booster Gold isn't on the team boggles my mind.
    Black Lightning continues to get better. Its trajectory is like Flash for me so far, continues to get better so a number of good potential seasons left.
    Batwoman, while I was no fan of Ruby Rose who can't act at all, I watched. Alice is the real actress to watch it for and the ties that abound were fun to watch. Not recasting Kate is just mind numbingly stupid. It'll be cancelled next year. I don't see how it survives.
    Stargirl, not watched it yet but plan to soon.
    Swamp Thing, same, on the agenda to watch.
    Superman & Lois still has lots to play with and re-visit in the Kyptonian canon. Looking forward to this the most.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Seems a lot of shared thoughts here.
    Flash is starting to get a tad stale. I'm disappointed in the Dibny situation from various points and that plot line was more fun to me than the "mirror master" thread.
    Supergirl may have had its strongest season to date in my opinion. When the writers just write solid superhero fare and aren't heavy handed with their political leanings leaking into it like S2-3 it is a damn good show. Transforming it into a LEGION show(in the future) makes all kinds of sense. Send some of the supporting earth characters over to Superman&Lois.
    Legends of Tomorrow is getting long in the tooth. I'm mainly watching for Constantine at this point and he's watered down a bit to fit the tone. Why Booster Gold isn't on the team boggles my mind.
    Black Lightning continues to get better. Its trajectory is like Flash for me so far, continues to get better so a number of good potential seasons left.
    Batwoman, while I was no fan of Ruby Rose who can't act at all, I watched. Alice is the real actress to watch it for and the ties that abound were fun to watch. Not recasting Kate is just mind numbingly stupid. It'll be cancelled next year. I don't see how it survives.
    Stargirl, not watched it yet but plan to soon.
    Swamp Thing, same, on the agenda to watch.
    Superman & Lois still has lots to play with and re-visit in the Kyptonian canon. Looking forward to this the most.
    They may eventually get to Booster since he’s Rip’s dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    They may eventually get to Booster since he’s Rip’s dad.
    I don't think they can use Booster. Or would, considering the show hardly ever uses anyone major from the comics anymore.

Astonishing Member

They definitely need another team show that takes itself seriously and isnt Legends of Tomorrow. Also a show that explores the more magical side of the DC-CWverse (and isny Legends of Tomorrow)

Also need an anti-hero show (Catwoman would be GREAT) and a vilain show.
    I'm surprised that CW hasn't tried to do their own version of Young Justice or Titans yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'm surprised that CW hasn't tried to do their own version of Young Justice or Titans yet.
    Well, we have Junior JSA on Stargirl

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I see S&L turning the lights out on the Arrow-verse. Most of the shows are getting a bit long in the tooth now and make up most of the CW's roster. Smallville was middle of the road in terms of ratings and it still managed to get ten years under it's belt. That seems to be CW's wheelhouse for a while now. Middle of the road.

S&L will probably get at least five years depending on how heavily they lean into the kids.

Batwoman is probably gone next year.

Flash could get a couple more years in before they decide to cancel it. It's getting up there with Arrow.

Ditto Supergirl. I think a lot of fans saw her as a stand in for Superman which isn't an issue now.

BL will probably get another couple seasons in. Not sure what it's ratings are.

Don't watch Legends so I have no idea about it but they seem to move characters in and out and I definitely see the numbers dropping now that Routh is gone.

Stargirl is a summer series but it's killing it so far. Wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing some Earth 2 spinoffs out of it down the line.

I could see Constantine getting his old show back after Legends goes off the air as a sort of stand in for Supernatural. But in terms of referencing the rest of the Arrow-verse, it will probably move away from that. Probably on their streaming service.

I see DC moving mostly into streaming. So they may phase out the Arrow-verse and the CW shows just because they don't need them anymore. You don't have the restrictions of network television there.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    That would be too much like the Titans show on DC Universe. Besides, there's not enough sidekick types in the Arrowverse to form a team. No Robin, no Wonder Girl, two of the younger speedsters (XS and Jesse Quick) have been erased. Leaving what, Speedy and Kid Flash?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Flash could get a couple more years in before they decide to cancel it. It's getting up there with Arrow.
    Arrow ended it's run on its own, IIRC. As for The Flash, I wouldn't be shocked if it winds up in Supernatural territory episodes-wise, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They already have shows that take themselves seriously. That's why many like Legends. It holds a different tone than the other Arrowverse shows.
    Arrow as the most serious show they had when legends came about. Flash/Supergirl are "serious" but they are also very light. Legends just wants to be more of a comedy nowadays so a team show that has them in actual superhero attire, facing serious threats would be good. It doesnt need to be super dark like Arrow but a good inbetween.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    First I’d like to say that besides the trouble that Batwoman is in after the loss of the main character all the other shows are still going on as intended and while it may be harder to do bigger crossovers, nothing is stopping them from doing small events and stories like just Flash appearing in Black Lightning or a Superfamily crossover with supergirl and the new Superman and Lois show coming next year.

But I think it honestly really depends on streaming shows. Stargirl is doing great and is technically part of that universe as the new earth 2 after crisis. Beyond that is other shows coming to HBO Max like Green Lantern or Justice League Dark. Nothing is stopping them from fitting into the Arrowverse as either in continuity or another earth like Stargirl. I think a lot will depend on the future of streaming providers and if the shows can be carried on there.
    Yeah, that's probably in part behind the move. But...I'm not sure if that will help the other shows, even assuming Stargirl doesn't suffer a loss in quality, which it very well might depending on how they handle it. The older CW shows will simply fade away as interest subsides after COIE and the end of Arrow.

Extraordinary Member

Arrow as the most serious show they had when legends came about. Flash/Supergirl are "serious" but they are also very light. Legends just wants to be more of a comedy nowadays so a team show that has them in actual superhero attire, facing serious threats would be good. It doesnt need to be super dark like Arrow but a good inbetween.
    Legends was always very like the Giffen/Dematteis Leagues...if the characters weren't quite as dumb as the comic book. Straight for laughs, which is fine. It's sort of the odd one out in the Arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Legends was always very like the Giffen/Dematteis Leagues...if the characters weren't quite as dumb as the comic book. Straight for laughs, which is fine. It's sort of the odd one out in the Arrowverse.
    It's barely even a comic book show at this point.