Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default Batfamily reset in November?

In October, we're getting Lobdell's last issue of Red Hood, the final issues of Batgirl and Batman & the Outsiders, and a plot-clearing issue of Nightwing. There's currently no Robin, Batwoman, or Birds of Prey books, and Joker War apparently resets Gotham once again. Do we expect a big reset or relaunch of the Batfamily in November or maybe December?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    In October, we're getting Lobdell's last issue of Red Hood, the final issues of Batgirl and Batman & the Outsiders, and a plot-clearing issue of Nightwing. There's currently no Robin, Batwoman, or Birds of Prey books, and Joker War apparently resets Gotham once again. Do we expect a big reset or relaunch of the Batfamily in November or maybe December?
    Well there's also the Death Metal plot that'll end in January with a surprise in Febuary.
    And there is that "The Three Jokers" story to finish in August. Is it canon ?

Lots of things happening and ending.
    What is DC cooking us up ?

Given DC's track record, this terrifies me. I'm still in shock at what they did to Superman a d now Batman. I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

I'm thinking it's more linewide than just the bats. Flash is clearly filler starting in October, Justice League's been running filler in the run up to Death Metal, so that's due a relaunch after the event ends, Justice League Odyssey is ending, Supergirl has finished, Green Lantern is a 12 issue maxi, so that'll be due to relaunch in a few months.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oddly enough, Red Hood hasn't been listed as "ending". Just that Lobdell is done with his run at that point. What that means going forward, I have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Oddly enough, Red Hood hasn't been listed as "ending". Just that Lobdell is done with his run at that point. What that means going forward, I have no clue.
    It's also labelled as the end of the Outlaw era. I think it'll continue with a filler creative team for a few months and just be called Red Hood.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

One can only hope.

The current Bat-status is all over the place (IMO) and needs streamlining.