Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Batfamily reset in November?

In October, we're getting Lobdell's last issue of Red Hood, the final issues of Batgirl and Batman & the Outsiders, and a plot-clearing issue of Nightwing. There's currently no Robin, Batwoman, or Birds of Prey books, and Joker War apparently resets Gotham once again. Do we expect a big reset or relaunch of the Batfamily in November or maybe December?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    In October, we're getting Lobdell's last issue of Red Hood, the final issues of Batgirl and Batman & the Outsiders, and a plot-clearing issue of Nightwing. There's currently no Robin, Batwoman, or Birds of Prey books, and Joker War apparently resets Gotham once again. Do we expect a big reset or relaunch of the Batfamily in November or maybe December?
    Well there's also the Death Metal plot that'll end in January with a surprise in Febuary.
    And there is that "The Three Jokers" story to finish in August. Is it canon ?

Lots of things happening and ending.
    What is DC cooking us up ?

Given DC's track record, this terrifies me. I'm still in shock at what they did to Superman a d now Batman. I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

I'm thinking it's more linewide than just the bats. Flash is clearly filler starting in October, Justice League's been running filler in the run up to Death Metal, so that's due a relaunch after the event ends, Justice League Odyssey is ending, Supergirl has finished, Green Lantern is a 12 issue maxi, so that'll be due to relaunch in a few months.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oddly enough, Red Hood hasn't been listed as "ending". Just that Lobdell is done with his run at that point. What that means going forward, I have no clue.

Incredible Member

One can only hope.

The current Bat-status is all over the place (IMO) and needs streamlining.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Oddly enough, Red Hood hasn't been listed as "ending". Just that Lobdell is done with his run at that point. What that means going forward, I have no clue.
    It's also labelled as the end of the Outlaw era. I think it'll continue with a filler creative team for a few months and just be called Red Hood.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Could also be that some titles will have a break for some month before they relaunch (or till death metal wrapps up), with Corvid-19 the changed plans for 5G maybe they need some time for planning or it might just have screwed up their scedule.

I mean Tynion was iirc also only supposed to be a filler writer till issue #100 but now he seems to continue past that.

Coronavirus has nothing to do with it. Plans started changing a couple of months prior, when DiDio was fired.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Coronavirus has nothing to do with it. Plans started changing a couple of months prior, when DiDio was fired.
    But the big question if they could change plans in time and hwo those plans were effected by shops and Diamond shutting down, and the resulting shipping delays.
    And if they have hired new writers in in time to continue the series.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm sure coronavirus also affected the publishing line, they would have had to deal with the Generations 0 FCBD story and had to come up with a excuse why the generation one shots were cancelled.

That story was still printed in the Flash Forward TPB. And we know the excuse. DiDio's pink slip.

Generations was already cancelled when the shutdown happened, it was missing from the June solicitations.

We're definitely set up for a relaunch. It's really just a question of if they'll wait for Metal to end and treat water between these final issues and the end of Metal, or if they'll do the relaunch before Metal wraps up. That'd obviously run the risk of spoiling parts of Metal, but given the upheaval we've been going through a few books hitting early might seem like a minor inconvenience to DC at this point, and it wouldn't be the first time a book hit before it's related Event caught up. Like, Jason Rusch's Firestorm debuted before Ronnie had died, and there's been other examples far more recently that, for some reason, slip my mind at the moment.

I feel like the post-Metal DCU is going to be where we really start to see what the company will look like under Jim Lee and I'm kind of excited about that. It's either going to be a good jumping off point for me, or it'll provide books I want to read again.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I mean I expect an entire DC relaunch in the coming months after Death Metal not just the batfamily, series are ending and certain series have fill-ins.

I assume we will see a new Batgirl #1, Potentially a new Nightwing or Red Hood to differentiate itself from the current runs, and I wouldn’t even be surprised if Damian got a new series depending on where the upcoming months take him. I doubt Detective Comics or Batman will change numbering.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    We're definitely set up for a relaunch. It's really just a question of if they'll wait for Metal to end and treat water between these final issues and the end of Metal, or if they'll do the relaunch before Metal wraps up. That'd obviously run the risk of spoiling parts of Metal, but given the upheaval we've been going through a few books hitting early might seem like a minor inconvenience to DC at this point, and it wouldn't be the first time a book hit before it's related Event caught up. Like, Jason Rusch's Firestorm debuted before Ronnie had died, and there's been other examples far more recently that, for some reason, slip my mind at the moment.

I feel like the post-Metal DCU is going to be where we really start to see what the company will look like under Jim Lee and I'm kind of excited about that. It's either going to be a good jumping off point for me, or it'll provide books I want to read again.
    I wouldn't mind a staggered launch, just a few new books each month. Save the important books that deal with post death metal stuff till January. Because right now, the current lineup of DC books will just be so weak for November and December. Though I suppose they'll just put out more death metal tie ins to hold people over.