Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Ben Abernathy.

He was on the Injustice and Dceased creative teams prior. Don't know what he's background is aside from that
    Yep, he's apparently mentioned the batfamily before the new 52 a lot, so between that and Tynion clearly being a fan of that era it seems like it was perfect timing to finally get the batfamiy back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nope. Adding up all the Red Hood and the Outlaws and Red Hood/Arsenal issues only gives 79.
    If we don't count specials we are currently at 99.
    -The first Red Hood and the Outlaws series ran for 40 issues.
    - Red Hood/Arsenal for 13
    - the second Red Hood and the Outlaws series is currently at 46 issues, but #47 is going to be published next week.

If you count specials and maybe also "Lost Days" he is above 100.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Batman was not in all those issues. They all did it by themselves.
    Yet DC keeps them held hostage to Batman.
    To be fair, their connection to Batman is a big part why these characters became popular and are able to have long running ongoing.

But when it comes to their appearances in Batman events, I don't think that they are really often much spotlight or opportunity to shine their and rally take anything away from Batman.
    As Red Hood Fan I'm often happy when he is not part of a cross over, since the character is usually written and treated really poorly in them.

Ya, lets not pretend the bat connection isn't what brought them to the table in the first place. Some family members needs it more then others though now, yet its the one's who don't need it as much who are the ones who are brought in to get shot in the head. Making fans resent it and take it for granted.

I don't know, they were going to relaunch Batman after 100, but now they are continuing on with #101 and so forth. Probably partly due to 5G going away, but I think Tynion's doing so well, DC is going with it.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I hope Red Hood continues. He’s become maybe my top bat character over the past couple of years.

Nightwing needs a reset bad. Like asap.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Ben Abernathy.

He was on the Injustice and Dceased creative teams prior. Don't know what he's background is aside from that
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yep, he's apparently mentioned the batfamily before the new 52 a lot, so between that and Tynion clearly being a fan of that era it seems like it was perfect timing to finally get the batfamiy back.
    Hopefully they treat the family better than what we've been getting lately.

I don't want anyone *completely* divorced from Bruce. That'd be foolish; Batman is why these characters exist and became popular and Batman helps bring in sales. They're family. But there's a ocean of difference between that and, say, Dick getting shot in the head and utterly ruined for years just so Bruce can feel bad about it for two issues before never mentioning it again. Or Kate not being allowed to get married because Bats can't be happy. Maybe Bruce can't be happy, but Kate is not Bruce.

If I could, I'd pull Dick and Kate out of the Batman editorial office and give them to someone else, but that doesn't mean I don't want Dick or Kate to see Bruce *at all.* I'm perfectly fine with them hanging out with Bruce now and then, having small parts in Batman Events, etc. I just don't want the characters abused for Bruce's sake. Bruce doesn't need that, those other characters sure as hell don't need it, it's just a waste all around.

I think what would be a bigger benefit to Batman is the secondary characters like Dick and Kate having quality, successful solo books where those characters get to be awesome in their own right, not losing sight of where they got their start but not being limited to sidekick status. Their solo success reflects well on Batman, their revenue reflects well on Batman's. It looks better if you can say "Look at these Bat related books that stand on their own and bring us more money!" than "Look at these Bat related books that keep getting sh*t on so Bruce looks good! Their sales are terrible!"
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    I hope Red Hood continues. He’s become maybe my top bat character over the past couple of years.

Nightwing needs a reset bad. Like asap.
    Well, nothing says the series is ending at issue 50, just that Scott Lobdell's time on it is done then. So by all accounts, that at least will continue for a bit. Only sad thing is, it may be the end of the Rebirth Outlaws.

Its numbers are pretty terrible. Its the lowest in the line.

The rumor is that Bruce is going to lose his fortune......

Pretty interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    The rumor is that Bruce is going to lose his fortune......

Pretty interesting
    That's not a rumor, it happened two issues ago. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I don't want anyone *completely* divorced from Bruce. That'd be foolish; Batman is why these characters exist and became popular and Batman helps bring in sales. They're family. But there's a ocean of difference between that and, say, Dick getting shot in the head and utterly ruined for years just so Bruce can feel bad about it for two issues before never mentioning it again. Or Kate not being allowed to get married because Bats can't be happy. Maybe Bruce can't be happy, but Kate is not Bruce.

If I could, I'd pull Dick and Kate out of the Batman editorial office and give them to someone else, but that doesn't mean I don't want Dick or Kate to see Bruce *at all.* I'm perfectly fine with them hanging out with Bruce now and then, having small parts in Batman Events, etc. I just don't want the characters abused for Bruce's sake. Bruce doesn't need that, those other characters sure as hell don't need it, it's just a waste all around.

I think what would be a bigger benefit to Batman is the secondary characters like Dick and Kate having quality, successful solo books where those characters get to be awesome in their own right, not losing sight of where they got their start but not being limited to sidekick status. Their solo success reflects well on Batman, their revenue reflects well on Batman's. It looks better if you can say "Look at these Bat related books that stand on their own and bring us more money!" than "Look at these Bat related books that keep getting sh*t on so Bruce looks good! Their sales are terrible!"
    I'd like to see Kate with the Gotham City Monsters again, Monster Town is kinda her turf, and her original solo had supernatural stuff anyway. It's more interesting than having her in another Batfamily team, and sets a different tone, also she wasn't the leader so that was different too. Would love to see the team reformed and as an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, nothing says the series is ending at issue 50, just that Scott Lobdell's time on it is done then. So by all accounts, that at least will continue for a bit. Only sad thing is, it may be the end of the Rebirth Outlaws.
    Yeah I’ll miss the Outlaws if they’re done with them. As long as they keep up the quality of the stories and the characterization. This series has been some of Lobdell’s best work and some of the most I’ve ever been interested in Red Hood.

The Batman Family should include more characters, with no families, ..like Golden Eagle or Jack O'Lantern. More colorful characters, methinks!
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

I've got to say something here nightwing getting shot was not done to make batman look good it was done dan hates nightwing and wants him to die and also scott snyder hates the batfamily
    that why there was never any robins in his stories the family has been treated like crap because he was in charge of almost all family books
    and I know there are people who will say no he doesn't hate the batfamily but his writing speaks for itself can you think of even one of his books where he didn't sew mistrust are hurt one of them or have batman hit them for no reason
    or have them act like a holes for no reason I sure cant
    I was in a freak accident there were freaks everywhere Dan vs