Ultimate Member

Default Firefox vs Air Wolf

A battle of 80s war machines.

Which one is more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    A battle of 80s war machines.

Which one is more impressive.
    I'd have to say Airwolf. I don't recall the plane in the Firefox movie doing anything beyond a real fighter plane despite the telepathic link to the pilot.

My father was a pilot at one time in his life and he hated shows like Airwolf and Blue Thunder. He'd just walk out of the room saying that there's no way a helicopter could do those things or could be any match for an airplane in an aerial dogfight. I don't recall a lot of specifics, just that Airwolf did a lot more impossible stuff.
    Power with Girl is better.

Mighty Member

Airwolf might as well have been the Bugs Bunny of helicopters. I think Firefox would still have the edge with telepathically controlled weapons, being about three times faster, and being supposedly invisible to radar.

Airwolf was pretty ridiculous, though! but it could still only fly at Mach 2 or some such nonsense. and although it was supposed to be almost completely invisible to radar... I mean, seriously, how on earth are you supposed to make spinning rotors invisible to radar and silent?!!? but I digress...

if the engagement starts off at medium to high altitudes beyond visual range than I kinda don't see how the Firefox could lose this one. below 5000 ft within visual range I can't really see how Airwolf could lose. kinda depends on the scenario. realistically, they're made for different tasks and wouldn't actually be a huge threat to each other.

Airwolf had the tiny advantage of being based on a real, successful design that the writers imagined could do insane and utterly preposterous things.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    Airwolf might as well have been the Bugs Bunny of helicopters. I think Firefox would still have the edge with telepathically controlled weapons, being about three times faster, and being supposedly invisible to radar.

Airwolf was pretty ridiculous, though! but it could still only fly at Mach 2 or some such nonsense. and although it was supposed to be almost completely invisible to radar... I mean, seriously, how on earth are you supposed to make spinning rotors invisible to radar and silent?!!? but I digress...

if the engagement starts off at medium to high altitudes beyond visual range than I kinda don't see how the Firefox could lose this one. below 5000 ft within visual range I can't really see how Airwolf could lose. kinda depends on the scenario. realistically, they're made for different tasks and wouldn't actually be a huge threat to each other.

Airwolf had the tiny advantage of being based on a real, successful design that the writers imagined could do insane and utterly preposterous things.
    Yeah, i thought Firefox was faster.

But Air Wolf was just as "fake" as it gets. Supersonic helicopter?

Fire Fox: Cutting edge true sci fi super plane.

Air Wolf: Complete Logic and reality breaking super chipper.

BANNED

Hard to tell. When you think of combined arms, both have very different mission profiles. So really, IMO it's going to come down to where the fight happens and the kind of cover available.

Though I hate to be on the other team when somebody decides to field say 20 Airwolf units to support their ground troops who are all GI Joe's, and 10 Firefox units to reach out and touch us early on. That would be one bad day.

Astonishing Member

Number of Web Browsers Inspired By Airwolf: 0

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Number of Web Browsers Inspired By Airwolf: 0
    Number of Jan Michael Vincents in Firefox: 0

Gonna steal the threads thunder in , ...3, ...2, ...
    \
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-23-2020 at 09:34 AM.