View Poll Results: Which two Fantastic Four members lives will soon be forever changed?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reed Richards and Susan Storm

6 12.24%
  • their children, Franklin and Valeria

18 36.73%
  • Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm

5 10.20%
  • some other combination

20 40.82%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    The series was really good and presented some new ideas about her powers.

"For an archetype" she sure has some interesting innovations. That is a cool thing about Sue, always, her power only has limits per a writer's awareness.
    I've always wondered if she can bend light to turn invisible why can't she control the direction of light as well for other effects.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

She can. She can make other people invisible - or alter their colours (she disguised her own hair that way in her solo mini).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I've read FF for decades, I belong to the WTSSS (We think Sue's super society) from the old letter pages way back. Changing her complexion and eye color is more specific of a new idea or application then I've noticed in years.

Sometimes I think the best innovations or uses come with the invisibility part of her abilities, but there in lies the paradox, perhaps. Her powers bend light to make herself, others invisible and I'm not remembering but there have been cool uses of that, where some"thing" was turned invisible that was a game changer, or vice a versa - her ability to make 'invisible' things visible was very well portrayed the once or so I believe I noticed it.

But the paradox is this ability and than the possibly stronger than anything property of her ForceField and other applications. Something that powerful, yet disguising, hiding, being invisible.
    We all casually talk about the time or two she penetrated a Celestial's armor. I believe that is still canon, no?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    The only realistic way for a Namor-Sue relationship to have a chance would be if it is shown that Reed had an affair with either Medusa or Alyssa Moy, back when Reed and Sue were separated in the mid 1970's, and that Reed fathered a child from said relationship. I have been pushing for this scenario to happen for probably 8 years now. Few of us here want Sue to suddenly be unfaithful to Reed. I certainly would never favor such a move. I only want Sue to leave Reed, if it is shown that Reed was unfaithful to her during their separation, and that he fathered a child from said affair. The concept of a child is critical to this plan of mine, as it would make it much more difficult for Sue to overlook Reed's unfaithfulness.
    I honestly don't know why you're pushing for someone to be unfaithful.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. If you want Reed or Sue are going to cheat on each other, you should know that’s never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I've read FF for decades, I belong to the WTSSS (We think Sue's super society) from the old letter pages way back. Changing her complexion and eye color is more specific of a new idea or application then I've noticed in years.

Sometimes I think the best innovations or uses come with the invisibility part of her abilities, but there in lies the paradox, perhaps. Her powers bend light to make herself, others invisible and I'm not remembering but there have been cool uses of that, where some"thing" was turned invisible that was a game changer, or vice a versa - her ability to make 'invisible' things visible was very well portrayed the once or so I believe I noticed it.

But the paradox is this ability and than the possibly stronger than anything property of her ForceField and other applications. Something that powerful, yet disguising, hiding, being invisible.
    We all casually talk about the time or two she penetrated a Celestial's armor. I believe that is still canon, no?
    Sue is different than the other members of the team in that her power isn't that her body has changed, but that her ability to affect both energy and matter around her. She can affect other character's invisibility powers as well. No other FF member comes close to having their powers be this versatile. She can affect the light touching her so that she can turn invisible and even affect only certain colored light on the spectrum. Her ability goes well outside the visible light spectrum as well.

Nice clarification or summation, Capt.

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I honestly don't know why you're pushing for someone to be unfaithful.
    Normally I would never push for such to happen, but in this case, I have a reason.

Extraordinary Member

At this point Reed and Sue aren’t cheating on each other or getting divorce. They’re the couple that Kirby and Lee married off early on.

They’re Marvel’s token staying-marriage at this point, destine to grow old together. That doesn’t mean they’re boring.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Hmmmmm.....Tony's secret suit in new Empyre?

Hmmmmm.

BANNED

Instead of a hackneyed trope of breakup and divorce due to unfaithfulness of Reed Sue should come out as lesbian which leads to her estrangement from Reed and leads to her taking herself out from her familiar surroundings and setting out on a new journey to explore herself and the MU on her own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Instead of a hackneyed trope of breakup and divorce due to unfaithfulness of Reed Sue should come out as lesbian which leads to her estrangement from Reed and leads to her taking herself out from her familiar surroundings and setting out on a new journey to explore herself and the MU on her own.
    WTH!! I can’t even...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    My backup choice is Johnny comes out.
    Nah - his character has always been a ladies man (even when though one writer chose to pair him with Daken).

If anyone came out it would be Franklin or Valeria - as they're pretty close to blanks slates. Thats a little too easy though, especially with Franklin being the mutant crossover and Slott giving Valeria a crush on an alien prince.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Franklin has a crush on Kitty so he likes the kitty now.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Doesn’t matter though.

Ben and Alicia adopt the Skrull and Kree.

At worst, Johnny gets Sky pregnant.