View Poll Results: Which two Fantastic Four members lives will soon be forever changed?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reed Richards and Susan Storm

6 12.24%
  • their children, Franklin and Valeria

18 36.73%
  • Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm

5 10.20%
  • some other combination

20 40.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Default Which two Fantastic Four members lives will be forever changed?

Marvel is reportedly telling us that in October, two of the Fantastic Four members lives will be forever changed. Who are they referring to and what could happen to cause such a change?

What think all of you? Who are these two members who will soon face a huge change in their lives..... forever?

(1) Reed and Sue
    (2) their children, Franklin and Valeria
    (3) Johnny Storm (Human Torch) and Ben Grimm (Thing)
    (4) some other combination

Ben and Alicia adopt those two new kids.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Crimz - My fellow Sue lover, though we view her quite differently, long time no talk to.... I thought that it was time for me to return to this website, as I took a rather lengthy leave of absence. I suppose it is possible that Ben and Alicia could either have a child of their own or adopt one. I guess Alicia would count as an extended member of the FF. Not a bad guess I suppose at that.

Can you guess, Crimz, which two lives I hope will be changed forever?

My lazy guess is Reed and Sue, but I am hoping not. Too early for Reed to self-implode, yet. I like that the FF are back together, but they are relegated to low status, like the Avengers have been. I want that to play out a lot longer before the powers that be start to reverse that trend.

I’m anticipating sometime that Doom would join the FF. Maybe like in 1997, when Doom married Sue and Valeria becomes Dooms daughter, that happens, and Reed is out of the picture? That was an alternative reality, but I can see the development of Sue leaning more towards Victor, and away from Reed. This I can see happening.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-22-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Slott going to make everyone in the FF married ?
    I mean, it’s Slott. Anything can happen xD

All these theories of Sue ditching Reed is making me optimistic. The lady needs a break, all she is a mom and wife. No growth.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Extraordinary Member

Ya’ll funny. Have you been reading the book.

More than likely Ben and Alicia adopt those alien kids.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    My lazy guess is Reed and Sue, but I am hoping not.

I’m anticipating sometime that Doom would join the FF. Maybe like in 1997, when Doom married Sue and Valeria becomes Dooms daughter, that happens, and Reed is out of the picture? That was an alternative reality, but I can see the development of Sue leaning more towards Victor, and away from Reed. This I can see happening.
    I have actually discussed this in other forums. I hate to admit it but the dynamic of Sue with Doom, trying to keep him grounded, human etc. is far more interesting now to me than Sue/Reed status quo.

I know it's a hated idea but it's been visited as a future time and again. And Secret Wars shows it can be done without being too creepy.

I dont know. The idea of Doom leading some version of FF with Sue is interesting.

Let's face it. SOMETHING drastic needs to happen or it will get shelved again

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    I have actually discussed this in other forums. I hate to admit it but the dynamic of Sue with Doom, trying to keep him grounded, human etc. is far more interesting now to me than Sue/Reed status quo.

I know it's a hated idea but it's been visited as a future time and again. And Secret Wars shows it can be done without being too creepy.

I dont know. The idea of Doom leading some version of FF with Sue is interesting.

I pleaded a few years back with the FF Bullpen. I told them that the title was in trouble and that it needed significant changes, not just a fine tuning. However, in all fairness, while it is true that the title was in trouble 4-5 years ago, it is also a well known rumor that the FF was cancelled due to the dispute with Fox over the film rights. As to now, I am not sure of the current status of the title. I know that it started out strong when it was reinstated, but I have not checked the sales figures for quite sometime. I will say that allowing Ben and Alicia to marry should have done something to help the FF comic and such an event was about 40 years overdue!

The concept of Doom and Sue together is one of many ideas that I bounced off the FF Bullpen 4-5 years ago. I am not sure how it would be accepted, but it is an interesting idea. My main desire is to see some change in the Reed-Sue marriage, be it just a separation or an eventual divorce, though I am uncertain how I feel about a divorce. It would be most enjoyable to see Reed with Medusa for a while and Sue with Namor, especially if Medusa returns and shows Reed their love child from the 1970's.....

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post

I'm an older, classic fan, but I've never stopped reading the FF. I remember when the Overmind (who may or may not come from some other source of Eternals or similar) had taken over Reed and Sue turned to Dr. Doom to lead the FF. Was that vol. 1 # 113, classic Buscema art. One of my favorites! Sue, guided by a vision from Agatha Harkness, goes to Doom.

** beyond that, maybe I'm confused, but i always thought that first iteration of a child Valeria present in the FF's life, Claremont's run way back, . . . . The was Reed, trapped in Doom's armor. Reed was always the father of Valeria. No ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I agree. It makes sense and it seems like something Slott would do. As for the "forever changed", comic fans take phrases like that with a grain (block?) of salt. But adoption is considered permanent. I suspect some work will need to be done over the next three issues to build up Ben and Alicia's love for those kids. I almost said meddling kids. Then again, Franklin (Shaggy), Valeria (Velma), Jo-Venn (Fred) and N'Kalla (Daphne) could be a Scooby Squad.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I agree. It makes sense and it seems like something Slott would do. As for the "forever changed", comic fans take phrases like that with a grain (block?) of salt. But adoption is considered permanent. I suspect some work will need to be done over the next three issues to build up Ben and Alicia's love for those kids. I almost said meddling kids. Then again, Franklin (Shaggy), Valeria (Velma), Jo-Venn (Fred) and N'Kalla (Daphne) could be a Scooby Squad.
    All they would need is an alien pet to solve some cosmic mysteries

I'm not yet reading EmpYRE but know some general contours.

Maybe Reed and Sue adopt those children. Or, will something else change the status quo by making 'someone' be Regent for Hulking? Is that possible; I'm not aware if he is legally old enough to "rule".

If he is, than Reed and Sue are even older than I want to believe since Sue, once saved Princess Anelle (sic?) before she and Mar-Vell conceived Hulking. Than add in in actual years lived in that weird time between Secret Wars and they coming back, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm not yet reading EmpYRE but know some general contours.

Maybe Reed and Sue adopt those children. Or, will something else change the status quo by making 'someone' be Regent for Hulking? Is that possible; I'm not aware if he is legally old enough to "rule".

If he is, than Reed and Sue are even older than I want to believe since Sue, once saved Princess Anelle (sic?) before she and Mar-Vell conceived Hulking. Than add in in actual years lived in that weird time between Secret Wars and they coming back, ...
    Hulkling's journey to Earth as a baby involved time travel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    This. This is the answer. Why isn’t it on the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    This. This is the answer. Why isn’t it on the poll.
    Definitely. They got married on this run and Slott said his favorite is Ben. Makes sense it would be Ben focused.