View Poll Results: Which two Fantastic Four members lives will soon be forever changed?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reed Richards and Susan Storm

6 12.24%
  • their children, Franklin and Valeria

18 36.73%
  • Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm

5 10.20%
  • some other combination

20 40.82%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    I have a hunch Sue's going to die.
    Oh my..... now that would create an earthquake throughout the Marvel Universe. However, such a scenario seems rather remote, unless I am missing something.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Wow...... I cannot believe it! Your dream scenario is not quite the same as mine, but it comes fairly close. I do not want any of them to die, but I do want Reed and Sue to break-up and to be broke up by Reed discovering that he fathered a child with Medusa, while Sue and him were separated back in the 1970's, and then Sue being so upset that she leaves and is replaced yet again by Medusa, at least for a while.
    Whoa, you can't just drop a giant shocker like that and leave us hanging! How did Medusa hide the pregnancy from Black Bolt and where is the lovechild now? Details, I need details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Whoa, you can't just drop a giant shocker like that and leave us hanging! How did Medusa hide the pregnancy from Black Bolt and where is the lovechild now? Details, I need details!!!
    I would love to provide the details. Sadly, I have suggested this scenario to the FF Bullpen at least twice in recent years for sure and probably three times. Thus far though they have yet to act on my proposal. As to your question, remember that Sue actually did file for divorce. Also, looking way back at FF #41, one can see that Medusa did have an eye for Reed way back in 1965 and she was there to comfort him as best she could during his separation from Sue in the 1970's. It is absolutely possible that they had an affair and that she somehow hid her pregnancy and Reed's child from both Reed and Black Bolt.

I doubt it has anything to do with Reed and Sue, because I think that Ben and Alicia adopting the new kids, Johnny and Skye taking their relationship further, or something with Franklin and Valeria is just so much more likely, but the day Reed and Sue stop being together is the day that I stop reading Fantastic Four.

I know that seems like a somewhat harsh statement and makes it seem like I am opposed to character growth or development but I'm really not. I just firmly believe you can have growth and development without unnecessary drama like cheating or divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I doubt it has anything to do with Reed and Sue, because I think that Ben and Alicia adopting the new kids, Johnny and Skye taking their relationship further, or something with Franklin and Valeria is just so much more likely, but the day Reed and Sue stop being together is the day that I stop reading Fantastic Four.

I know that seems like a somewhat harsh statement and makes it seem like I am opposed to character growth or development but I'm really not. I just firmly believe you can have growth and development without unnecessary drama like cheating or divorce.
    If Sue is ever killed off, that would be the day that I would quit following the FF. However, I do long for more drama and excitement in Reed and Sue's relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    If Sue is ever killed off, that would be the day that I would quit following the FF. However, I do long for more drama and excitement in Reed and Sue's relationship.
    Killing Sue would definitely be another reason for me to quit reading the title. I love them all, but Sue holds a special place in my heart.

Maybe it's just me but I don't consider divorce, cheating or discovering your husband fathered a child with someone else excitement. I read the X-Men for relationship drama- God knows they have enough. X-Men, is the Marvel soap opera and Fantastic Four is a sci-fi sitcom, in my opinion.

Personally, I would be much more interested to see how Reed and Sue would deal with their kids going off to college or starting their own superhero team or something other than them having marital problems. We only ever really got to see Reed and Sue be married without children in a time where women were completely underappreciated and viewed more as objects or trophies than actual people. Show me what the Richards are like in a time where they both can follow their dreams without being held back by the daily responsibilities of being parents to two very extraordinary children.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Ben and Alicia adopt those two new kids.
    Yeah, definitely this. We already know they want to be parents, but they can't try for their own baby while Ben is in his rocky body, and he only turns human once a year. And they just missed a chance (Ben was out cold thanks to Hulk) so it'll be a while before the next one (and even then, what if it's the wrong time of the month for Alicia?). Adoption makes it so much easier, even if they're not biologically their own, and Alicia won't care that the kids have blue and green skin (though N'Kalla could make herself look like a human if she wanted to, and I can actually see her taking a human disguise named Nicola).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-22-2020 at 12:37 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic1967 View Post
    I have a hunch Sue's going to die.
    Me too, but I'm going to riot if it happens because she's just returned to comics after a three year hiatus and hasn't exactly been done justice in the FF's ongoing book.

Mighty Member

Franklin and Valeria get killed by Purifiers which leads to the Fantastic Four breaking up. What? The FF breaking up is a tired cliche that Slott hasn't tried yet. Given his book is half recycling plots half butchery (Origin story retcon), I wouldn't be surprised if he rehashed death and breakup.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

They are obviously talking about the two new members, the Kree-boy and Skrull-girl, as they join the team, their lives will never ever be the same again.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

The "lives are changed forever" line is so overly used and cliched that it's just hard for me to take it seriously. The people writing solicits would probably use it for a story about Val getting a pupply.

But yeah... the guess about the kids sounds right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Killing Sue would definitely be another reason for me to quit reading the title. I love them all, but Sue holds a special place in my heart.

Maybe it's just me but I don't consider divorce, cheating or discovering your husband fathered a child with someone else excitement. I read the X-Men for relationship drama- God knows they have enough. X-Men, is the Marvel soap opera and Fantastic Four is a sci-fi sitcom, in my opinion.

Personally, I would be much more interested to see how Reed and Sue would deal with their kids going off to college or starting their own superhero team or something other than them having marital problems. We only ever really got to see Reed and Sue be married without children in a time where women were completely underappreciated and viewed more as objects or trophies than actual people. Show me what the Richards are like in a time where they both can follow their dreams without being held back by the daily responsibilities of being parents to two very extraordinary children.
    Agreed, I honestly don't think Sue and Reed separating will be good for anyone atm. I'm currently just scanning through the FF title for anything noteworthy but if Sue dies now I'll basically forget about the FF book as long as Slott writes it.

I'm not yet reading EmpYRE but know some general contours.

Maybe Reed and Sue adopt those children. Or, will something else change the status quo by making 'someone' be Regent for Hulking? Is that possible; I'm not aware if he is legally old enough to "rule".

If he is, than Reed and Sue are even older than I want to believe since Sue, once saved Princess Anelle (sic?) before she and Mar-Vell conceived Hulking. Than add in in actual years lived in that weird time between Secret Wars and they coming back, ...

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ewing and Slott won't kill Susan. Stop bugging.
    "Cable was right!"

If it’s not Johnny coming out I don’t care