View Poll Results: Which two Fantastic Four members lives will soon be forever changed?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reed Richards and Susan Storm

6 12.24%
  • their children, Franklin and Valeria

18 36.73%
  • Johnny Storm and Ben Grimm

5 10.20%
  • some other combination

20 40.82%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

My lazy guess is Reed and Sue, but I am hoping not. Too early for Reed to self-implode, yet. I like that the FF are back together, but they are relegated to low status, like the Avengers have been. I want that to play out a lot longer before the powers that be start to reverse that trend.

I’m anticipating sometime that Doom would join the FF. Maybe like in 1997, when Doom married Sue and Valeria becomes Dooms daughter, that happens, and Reed is out of the picture? That was an alternative reality, but I can see the development of Sue leaning more towards Victor, and away from Reed. This I can see happening.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-22-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Slott going to make everyone in the FF married ?
    I mean, it’s Slott. Anything can happen xD

All these theories of Sue ditching Reed is making me optimistic. The lady needs a break, all she is a mom and wife. No growth.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Extraordinary Member

Ya’ll funny. Have you been reading the book.

More than likely Ben and Alicia adopt those alien kids.

Solicits are out, here's the variant cover.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

See you in Heck, old costumes.
    "Cable was right!"

I notice that the costumes on the two covers don't match, and the variant also appears to have reversed Sue and Val's hairstyles (it's Sue that currently has the longer hair, and Val's whose is shoulder length, but they're the other way around here). The costumes are changing, but we can't be certain what to without seeing interior art.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's the same costume but Brooks' and Bradshaw's artstyles just make it look different.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I notice that the costumes on the two covers don't match, and the variant also appears to have reversed Sue and Val's hairstyles (it's Sue that currently has the longer hair, and Val's whose is shoulder length, but they're the other way around here). The costumes are changing, but we can't be certain what to without seeing interior art.
    These are rich women in New York. #wigs

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    These are rich women in New York. #wigs
    Nah, they both have long hair. Sue just makes a variable part of the ends invisible to change up styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Ya’ll funny. Have you been reading the book.

More than likely Ben and Alicia adopt those alien kids.
    Yeah. Additionally Ben and Alicia did talk about kids in one of the Hulk fight issues. Seems like a foreshadowing as well as presenting the couple's feelings.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    My lazy guess is Reed and Sue, but I am hoping not.

I’m anticipating sometime that Doom would join the FF. Maybe like in 1997, when Doom married Sue and Valeria becomes Dooms daughter, that happens, and Reed is out of the picture? That was an alternative reality, but I can see the development of Sue leaning more towards Victor, and away from Reed. This I can see happening.
    I have actually discussed this in other forums. I hate to admit it but the dynamic of Sue with Doom, trying to keep him grounded, human etc. is far more interesting now to me than Sue/Reed status quo.

I know it's a hated idea but it's been visited as a future time and again. And Secret Wars shows it can be done without being too creepy.

I dont know. The idea of Doom leading some version of FF with Sue is interesting.

Let's face it. SOMETHING drastic needs to happen or it will get shelved again

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    I have actually discussed this in other forums. I hate to admit it but the dynamic of Sue with Doom, trying to keep him grounded, human etc. is far more interesting now to me than Sue/Reed status quo.

I know it's a hated idea but it's been visited as a future time and again. And Secret Wars shows it can be done without being too creepy.

I dont know. The idea of Doom leading some version of FF with Sue is interesting.

Let's face it. SOMETHING drastic needs to happen or it will get shelved again
    I pleaded a few years back with the FF Bullpen. I told them that the title was in trouble and that it needed significant changes, not just a fine tuning. However, in all fairness, while it is true that the title was in trouble 4-5 years ago, it is also a well known rumor that the FF was cancelled due to the dispute with Fox over the film rights. As to now, I am not sure of the current status of the title. I know that it started out strong when it was reinstated, but I have not checked the sales figures for quite sometime. I will say that allowing Ben and Alicia to marry should have done something to help the FF comic and such an event was about 40 years overdue!

The concept of Doom and Sue together is one of many ideas that I bounced off the FF Bullpen 4-5 years ago. I am not sure how it would be accepted, but it is an interesting idea. My main desire is to see some change in the Reed-Sue marriage, be it just a separation or an eventual divorce, though I am uncertain how I feel about a divorce. It would be most enjoyable to see Reed with Medusa for a while and Sue with Namor, especially if Medusa returns and shows Reed their love child from the 1970's.....

If Reed and Sue ever split up I would stop reading comics first of all. But in this hypothetical the last thing Sue needs is to be paired with someone else, especially not Doom who she hates, and definitely not to be another man's emotional support. It'd be squandering the opportunity to finally develop her as an individual.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    I pleaded a few years back with the FF Bullpen. I told them that the title was in trouble and that it needed significant changes, not just a fine tuning. However, in all fairness, while it is true that the title was in trouble 4-5 years ago, it is also a well known rumor that the FF was cancelled due to the dispute with Fox over the film rights. As to now, I am not sure of the current status of the title. I know that it started out strong when it was reinstated, but I have not checked the sales figures for quite sometime. I will say that allowing Ben and Alicia to marry should have done something to help the FF comic and such an event was about 40 years overdue!

The concept of Doom and Sue together is one of many ideas that I bounced off the FF Bullpen 4-5 years ago. I am not sure how it would be accepted, but it is an interesting idea. My main desire is to see some change in the Reed-Sue marriage, be it just a separation or an eventual divorce, though I am uncertain how I feel about a divorce. It would be most enjoyable to see Reed with Medusa for a while and Sue with Namor, especially if Medusa returns and shows Reed their love child from the 1970's.....
    I take the traditionalist stand with Sue. I see her as being able to ground Doom. I truly believe he sees this too, which is why he chose an alternate reality Sue for a consort. I don't think it was to spite a dead and forgotten Reed. But the time for this was wayyy back in the sixties whn Sue could be thought of as a prize to be won. Her relationship with Namor is much more about her than Reed and a Sue/Doom pairing is so full of Reed.

Reed/Medusa I don't see. Reed really hasn't had eyes for anyone since he and Sue got together. Sure, there was Alyssa Moy, but nothing from Reed has shown he'd be interested in anyone else even if the marriage were to end for whatever reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    If Reed and Sue ever split up I would stop reading comics first of all. But in this hypothetical the last thing Sue needs is to be paired with someone else, especially not Doom who she hates, and definitely not to be another man's emotional support. It'd be squandering the opportunity to finally develop her as an individual.
    Totally, Sue and Reed are soulmates considering they're Marvel's longest lasting couple. I want Sue to get some character growth/development and think it can be done while she is still married to Reed, she just needs to get some alone time or join another team, either way I think she's consistently a damn good wife to Reed and mother to the rest of the FF.