Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

No, it really isn’t.

Now where the heck’s the next contest, we need a new controversy!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    No, it really isn’t.

Now where the heck’s the next contest, we need a new controversy!
    According to Squirrelman's profile, he hasn't logged in yet this week. Maybe he'll check in later.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    According to Squirrelman's profile, he hasn't logged in yet this week. Maybe he'll check in later.
    Has anyone PMd him?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

^^^Dang it!

I had to eliminate him. He kept raiding my bird feeder!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Has anyone PMd him?
    I went ahead and sent him one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Did you stew him with paprika and greens?
    fava beans and a nice chianti...

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Good.

In order to avoid what happened with the Güicho's entry, can I suggest to modify the second rule in the following way: «The entrant must post a cover which belong to a published comic book or a collected volume, specifying from what book the cover came from»?
    I also suggest a modify to the eighth rule: «If the voting will result in a tie, the person who started the thread will declare a second ballot among the most voted covers».

Non-comics cover hasn seldom been a problem, and this is more supposed to be fun than anything else. Mistakes only add to its cachet.

Now, what to do if Squirrelman doesn't show up? Best cover featuring squirrels (and other similar rodents)? Most nutty cover? Let Güicho decide?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Non-comics cover hasn seldom been a problem, and this is more supposed to be fun than anything else. Mistakes only add to its cachet.

Now, what to do if Squirrelman doesn't show up? Best cover featuring squirrels (and other similar rodents)? Most nutty cover? Let Güicho decide?
    Maybe I'm not the one to say, but I'd hand it back to Güicho. He did get the most votes.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Maybe I'm not the one to say, but I'd hand it back to Güicho. He did get the most votes.
    But, but, but...that will set a terrible precedent. Anarchy will reign! Dogs will sleep with cats!

Okay, maybe at a certain point today (5 pm?), if Squirrel does not pop his head out, we give it to Guicho. But we make it very clear, in no uncertain terms that we are waving Rule #2 this one time. We will still only allow comics, collected volumes and graphic novels. No one can point to this weeks contest to enter another nonc0mic in the future.

And as for Squirrel, do the Admins (Conn?) have an email for him by which they could contact him about the win?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But, but, but...that will set a terrible precedent. Anarchy will reign! Dogs will sleep with cats!

Okay, maybe at a certain point today (5 pm?), if Squirrel does not pop his head out, we give it to Guicho. But we make it very clear, in no uncertain terms that we are waving Rule #2 this one time. We will still only allow comics, collected volumes and graphic novels. No one can point to this weeks contest to enter another nonc0mic in the future.

And as for Squirrel, do the Admins (Conn?) have an email for him by which they could contact him about the win?
    RL may have been keeping him away, so we have to take that into account. Still, if you submit a cover it might be a good idea to stop back at least once the next week.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    […]
    That could be unfair toward the ones who didn't post their entry, because they weren't sure it was an image from a comic book cover; for example my entry was a third choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post

I suggest a second ballot among the cover which have two votes.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    RL may have been keeping him away, so we have to take that into account. Still, if you submit a cover it might be a good idea to stop back at least once the next week.
    At the very least, check in Wednesday morning after the voting's done.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!