Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    I suggest a second ballot among the cover which have two votes.
    Heck w. that I’m not voting again, call me when this is over. Or not. -shrug-

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    T

I suggest a second ballot among the cover which have two votes.
    That would work too. One day of voting, then a count. Short contest this week, but I think we could deal with that.

So what should we do. We have to choose one way or the other. Should Stony decide on the way to go?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 07-30-2020 at 07:53 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That would work too. One day of voting, then a count. Short contest this week, but I think we could deal with that.

So what should we do. We have to choose one way or the other. Should Stony decide on the way to go?
    So many issues this week. My opinion on this is to give SquirrelMan a few more hours. I'm tempted to give him until midnight pacific US time to make it 48 hours, but it seems a long time. We could also allow our usual tie-break between the second places finishers and have a non-voter decide.

And as for Squirrel, do the Admins (Conn?) have an email for him by which they could contact him about the win?
    There's an option to send him an email on his profile.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Oh wow!

I really was not expecting this. Life was crazy this week.

New contest up in a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Oh wow!

I really was not expecting this. Life was crazy this week.

New contest up in a few minutes.
    Your cover was ... Unbeatable. Thank you, I'll be here all week, please tip your wait staff and try the veal.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Your cover was ... Unbeatable. Thank you, I'll be here all week, please tip your wait staff and try the veal.
    I suspect he may have been trolling me with that Squirrel Girl cover Joking, Squirrel Man and congrats again.

Congrats, and thank you Squirrel. Things were getting too complex here.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

And as for Squirrel, do the Admins (Conn?) have an email for him by which they could contact him about the win?
    If the site has an e-mail associated with the user, sending a PM on-site will usually generate an e-mail.

Now, the PM inbox might be full, or they might have used a throwaway e-mail to register, or shut down all e-mail notifications, so it's not foolproof.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Sorry I brought it up during the voting. I'm not a habitué of this forum; I don't log into/visit all that often, maybe a few times a week or so. So I didn't notice the non-comic book entries until I came to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    Sorry I brought it up during the voting. I'm not a habitué of this forum; I don't log into/visit all that often, maybe a few times a week or so. So I didn't notice the non-comic book entries until I came to vote.
    That's OK....it was not that big of a deal to me anyway. I was surprised no one mentioned it earlier. I had forgotten about that rule.

^^^
    Thanks IM.
    Btw I have Steranko's History of Comics Part 2, the cover is just as great as the Steranko Part 1 you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla Bal View Post
    ^^^
    Thanks IM.
    Btw I have Steranko's History of Comics Part 2, the cover is just as great as the Steranko Part 1 you posted.
    I never did find that one. I did have Part 1 but somehow lost it during a move. IIRC The bad thing about it was that the cover was starting to degrade at the binding. I don't know if that was the case with other copies. And it's not like I had treated it roughly, I guess the glue dried up or something.

SHoC Vol 2

If you hunt around ebay and the internet, you can still find copies for $20-$30

Thanks...I have seen vol 1 on eBay too but usually at a higher price. Too bad that they didn't combine them and do a HC version.