Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 141
  1. #106
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2,986

    Default

    No, it really isn’t.

    Now where the heck’s the next contest, we need a new controversy!

  2. #107
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    No, it really isn’t.

    Now where the heck’s the next contest, we need a new controversy!
    According to Squirrelman's profile, he hasn't logged in yet this week. Maybe he'll check in later.

  3. #108
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    According to Squirrelman's profile, he hasn't logged in yet this week. Maybe he'll check in later.
    Has anyone PMd him?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  4. #109
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    According to Squirrelman's profile, he hasn't logged in yet this week. Maybe he'll check in later.
    ^^^Dang it!

  5. #110
    Impulsive Nschornhorst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    According to Squirrelman's profile, he hasn't logged in yet this week. Maybe he'll check in later.
    I had to eliminate him. He kept raiding my bird feeder!

  6. #111
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Has anyone PMd him?
    I went ahead and sent him one.

  7. #112

  8. #113
    Impulsive Nschornhorst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    Did you stew him with paprika and greens?
    fava beans and a nice chianti...

  9. #114
    Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Good.

    In order to avoid what happened with the Güicho's entry, can I suggest to modify the second rule in the following way: «The entrant must post a cover which belong to a published comic book or a collected volume, specifying from what book the cover came from»?
    I also suggest a modify to the eighth rule: «If the voting will result in a tie, the person who started the thread will declare a second ballot among the most voted covers».

  10. #115
    Astonishing Member kjn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,580

    Default

    Non-comics cover hasn seldom been a problem, and this is more supposed to be fun than anything else. Mistakes only add to its cachet.

    Now, what to do if Squirrelman doesn't show up? Best cover featuring squirrels (and other similar rodents)? Most nutty cover? Let Güicho decide?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

  11. #116
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Non-comics cover hasn seldom been a problem, and this is more supposed to be fun than anything else. Mistakes only add to its cachet.

    Now, what to do if Squirrelman doesn't show up? Best cover featuring squirrels (and other similar rodents)? Most nutty cover? Let Güicho decide?
    Maybe I'm not the one to say, but I'd hand it back to Güicho. He did get the most votes.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  12. #117
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Maybe I'm not the one to say, but I'd hand it back to Güicho. He did get the most votes.
    But, but, but...that will set a terrible precedent. Anarchy will reign! Dogs will sleep with cats!

    Okay, maybe at a certain point today (5 pm?), if Squirrel does not pop his head out, we give it to Guicho. But we make it very clear, in no uncertain terms that we are waving Rule #2 this one time. We will still only allow comics, collected volumes and graphic novels. No one can point to this weeks contest to enter another nonc0mic in the future.

    And as for Squirrel, do the Admins (Conn?) have an email for him by which they could contact him about the win?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  13. #118
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    25,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But, but, but...that will set a terrible precedent. Anarchy will reign! Dogs will sleep with cats!

    Okay, maybe at a certain point today (5 pm?), if Squirrel does not pop his head out, we give it to Guicho. But we make it very clear, in no uncertain terms that we are waving Rule #2 this one time. We will still only allow comics, collected volumes and graphic novels. No one can point to this weeks contest to enter another nonc0mic in the future.

    And as for Squirrel, do the Admins (Conn?) have an email for him by which they could contact him about the win?
    RL may have been keeping him away, so we have to take that into account. Still, if you submit a cover it might be a good idea to stop back at least once the next week.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  14. #119
    Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Non-comics cover hasn seldom been a problem, and this is more supposed to be fun than anything else. Mistakes only add to its cachet.
    […]
    That could be unfair toward the ones who didn't post their entry, because they weren't sure it was an image from a comic book cover; for example my entry was a third choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But, but, but...that will set a terrible precedent. Anarchy will reign! Dogs will sleep with cats!

    Okay, maybe at a certain point today (5 pm?), if Squirrel does not pop his head out, we give it to Guicho. But we make it very clear, in no uncertain terms that we are waving Rule #2 this one time. We will still only allow comics, collected volumes and graphic novels. No one can point to this weeks contest to enter another nonc0mic in the future.

    And as for Squirrel, do the Admins (Conn?) have an email for him by which they could contact him about the win?
    I suggest a second ballot among the cover which have two votes.

  15. #120
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    RL may have been keeping him away, so we have to take that into account. Still, if you submit a cover it might be a good idea to stop back at least once the next week.
    At the very least, check in Wednesday morning after the voting's done.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •