Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Absolutely loved the Warren x Monet x Magik interactions. I need that X-Corp book ASAP.
    Add Karma, Sunspot and Dazzler and you've got the sexiest hit X-book.

As for Wanda... Did she really create a legion of zombie mutants only to quietly leave them alone in Genosha AND no one in the MU noticed a thing?
    Too big a plothole to ignore. I hope they make some sense of it.
    Why would anyone notice? Genosha is abandoned territory and people arent really checking on it. Its just an island of rubble and rocks. Wanda not telling them may seem like a plothole but I imagine Hickman will bring her back to explain what happened with her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would anyone notice? Genosha is abandoned territory and people arent really checking on it. Its just an island of rubble and rocks. Wanda not telling them may seem like a plothole but I imagine Hickman will bring her back to explain what happened with her
    No zombie mutant who can fly showing up in Africa? No villain secretly monitoring Genosha?
    The all-knowing Xavier isn't keeping tabs on Genosha?

This was really great tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    No zombie mutant who can fly showing up in Africa? No villain secretly monitoring Genosha?
    The all-knowing Xavier isn't keeping tabs on Genosha?
    No. The zombies are dumb and doesnt seem like they even have access to their original powers, assuming there are fliers among the group. They attacked by forming swarms that overwhelmed their enemies, not by using mutant powers.

There's nothing to keep tabs on. Genosha just isnt that interesting. The last time it popped up was in X-men Red when Nova was hiding out there with Forge but Storm drowned her base out with a tsunami. Its not that hard to believe that no one would end up there in the 4 weeks between Wanda making the zombies and now. Xavier placed a Krakoa gate there and there wasnt any activity until the Cotati and their plants started to infect it, which is why X-Corp went out to investigate

Okay, so take the characters featured in this issue -- Angel, Monet, Madrox, and Magik --

add the characters investigating the Children of the Vault -- Synch, Darwin, and Laura --

maybe sprinkle a few wildcards into the mix [insert your favorite D-listers and students here]

and I'd be totally stoked to buy another X-monthly.

-Pav, who likes the weirdest of the weird...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. The zombies are dumb and doesnt seem like they even have access to their original powers, assuming there are fliers among the group. They attacked by forming swarms that overwhelmed their enemies, not by using mutant powers.
    Not true about the powers. The one they shows with the Cotai blew them up with his power.

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Not true about the powers. The one they shows with the Cotai blew them up with his power.
    Exactly; these zombies seem very intelligent in addition to the cannibalism, and the whole African continent's full of flesh next door.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Amazing Member

Great issue!

I loved M and Angel's interaction. Its good to see Warren get some attention. I really wish that X-Corp book was coming out still.

Wanda part was great too. I like the narrative choice of making it impossible for her to reverse "No More Mutants" with her abilities. Someone on here said that they think she will die and miraculously she will be resurrected as mutant (I had the same suspicion/hope as well).

I'm still not a fan of the new Golden Girls supervillain group or Black Tom's new weird speech patterns.

One thing that keeps bothering me about the whole millions of dead Genoshans is that I recall reading somewhere that Elixir used his powers to do that all by himself in an X-Men comic a few years back.

I can't wait for Selene to make her appearance as well.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of Selene, since Wanda might not necessarily have been aware of Necrosha, would the fact that the Genoshans have already been raised have maybe been what threw Wanda’s spell off?

Or at least a factor

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Speaking of Selene, since Wanda might not necessarily have been aware of Necrosha, would the fact that the Genoshans have already been raised have maybe been what threw Wanda’s spell off?

Or at least a factor
    Every magical being felt what Selene did in Necrosha. It was like a bomb went off in the magical realm. Additionally Enchantress knew. I don't see why that would change a thing Wanda had a year to research the events in Genosha.

I was thinking about the X-Men's reactions to Wanda's spell
    Magik will surely disapprove of such use of witchcraft, but on the other hand I can see her trying to help Wanda repent in a better way
    Lorna would also have a lot to say (she is still the mutant who was the most traumatized by the genocide) but since Marvel has absolutely no respect for Lorna, she is unlikely to be seen saying her opinion
    Magneto should be in shock (I think) to see his former daughter committing such an act

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I was thinking about the X-Men's reactions to Wanda's spell
    Magik will surely disapprove of such use of witchcraft, but on the other hand I can see her trying to help Wanda repent in a better way
    Magik and Wanda don't react to each other when they really should either be arch-enemies or best friends. They should be talking, though. They're in the same magic social circles and Magik would be in a position to understand and sympathise with her mistakes.

Lorna would also have a lot to say (she is still the mutant who was the most traumatized by the genocide) but since Marvel has absolutely no respect for Lorna, she is unlikely to be seen saying her opinion
    Post-Krakoa Lorna's drinking the kool aide of mutant supremacy so they'd be throwing down again.

Magneto should be in shock (I think) to see his former daughter committing such an act
    Hard to say what Magneto would do these days, post-Krakoa. Pre-Krakoa would be confused and disappointed but he's defend her.

Astonishing Member

Is it weird that I don’t think Wanda being in one of her old costumes in the flashback and her Robinson run+ costume everywhere else is a coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Why would he be in shock? He's seen what the Pretender can do... preeetty much in character for her
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Magik and Wanda don't react to each other when they really should either be arch-enemies or best friends. They should be talking, though. They're in the same magic social circles and Magik would be in a position to understand and sympathise with her mistakes.
    You definitely haven't been reading X-Men if you think Magik would be cool with Genocide
    GrindrStone(D)

Illyana actually seemed help from Strange when she started to lose control and trained under him. She also had agreed to be locked down after the Ancient Gods thing. Much more responsible than Wanda.