Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    In Uncanny Avengers, she literally say she accepts her role in all the harm caused to mutants.

The Doom thing hasn’t been raised really outside of Children’s Crusade. Wanda’s acted flippant before, but she hasn’t denied what she did.
    In AXIS she blamed Doom.

I'm also pretty sure there are other instances of her saying that wasn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I remember in children's crusade she was able to return Richters powers
    why not use her instead of apocalypse gladiatorial combat and revival?

Unless i suppose they cannot trust or think they can control the process by which she does so?
    She had the Life force

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    In AXIS she blamed Doom.

I'm also pretty sure there are other instances of her saying that wasn't me.

She had the Life force
    you right
    dunno why i forgot doom took it? lul

The thing is that Doom is at fault for giving her the life force knowing it would drive her insane, and the life force is at fault for doing that(but that's kind of a weird thing to say, because it doesn't seem to be a sentient force like the Phoenix but purely a source of energy), but they didn't make her say "No More Mutants" specifically. She can blame Doom AND feel guilty at the same time.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-22-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Not to mention that the whole point behind AXIS was that the heroes weren’t acting themselves...

This was excellent. Loved the character interactions, the plants v zombies action, and the surprise appearance from Horticulture WHO ARE GREAT.

-Pav, who hopes this becomes a monthly...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

This is just pure fun. Comic booky silly well written and well executed fun!

I love everything about it. I do so love that we are getting into the Wanda thing. Whatever the conclusion I'm just glad it's being acknowledge. But Wanda, honey, please learn something from this experience. SOMETHING.

This is the first time in a long time I actually I actually enjoyed Worthinton. Keep it up.

I expected some filler tie-in, but this was dope as hell. And Warren bringing Jamie along was genius. But where is the "M" over his eye?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    I expected some filler tie-in, but this was dope as hell. And Warren bringing Jamie along was genius. But where is the "M" over his eye?
    Would resurrected mutants have it?

Like if Bishop dies and then resurrected by the Five, would be have it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The thing is that Doom is at fault for giving her the life force knowing it would drive her insane, and the life force is at fault for doing that(but that's kind of a weird thing to say, because it doesn't seem to be a sentient force like the Phoenix but purely a source of energy), but they didn't make her say "No More Mutants" specifically. She can blame Doom AND feel guilty at the same.
    The various heroes in House of M were trying to kill her from day one, and they ran at her at once in an effort to do this + Life Force + being manipulated by Pietro and being angry at Magneto. Under that strain people will make bad decisions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Dr Strange also already said the moral of the story. You can't erase your sins even if your power.
    The same Dr. Strange who ignored her when he knew she was in trouble because she didn't call him first.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Not to mention that the whole point behind AXIS was that the heroes weren’t acting themselves...
    This was before the inversion spell, though. Wanda mentions that she hates having to team up with Doom to cast the spell because of what Doom did to her. She also mentions at a couple of points in Uncanny Avengers that what happened was due to Doom's manipulations, but Remender was the only writer who seemed to run with that particular idea, and every writer - I mean literally every writer - seems to have a different idea of how guilty Wanda is or exactly why she did it.

Even this latest story simply sidesteps the "why" of it, probably sensibly, and just says that this is something she did or caused. It works pretty much the same way no matter whose "fault" M-Day was, since it would still be something she felt really bad about regardless. As many people here have pointed out, the out-of-character thing is that she was never previously shown trying to do anything to make up for it until now.

Also speaking of AXIS, when was the last time Wanda did a major spell that didn't backfire? If you throw in the movie version accidentally blowing up a building and sparking a superhero civil war, and then go back to stories like Ultron Unlimited ("oops, I accidentally made Ultron twice as powerful") she's approaching I Dream of Jeannie levels of ineptitude.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not her fault she raised a mutant zombie army. The demon's she conspired with hold all the responsibility
    Wanda is the Constanza of the Marvel Universe

No More... Excuses George!
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 07-22-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Wanda is the Constanza of the Marvel Universe

No More... Excuses George!
    Mistakes when trying to do good are unforgivable, but when Selene deliberately tries to this same to make herself a goddess she gets a pardon and a promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    This was before the inversion spell, though. Wanda mentions that she hates having to team up with Doom to cast the spell because of what Doom did to her. She also mentions at a couple of points in Uncanny Avengers that what happened was due to Doom's manipulations, but Remender was the only writer who seemed to run with that particular idea, and every writer - I mean literally every writer - seems to have a different idea of how guilty Wanda is or exactly why she did it.

Even this latest story simply sidesteps the "why" of it, probably sensibly, and just says that this is something she did or caused. It works pretty much the same way no matter whose "fault" M-Day was, since it would still be something she felt really bad about regardless. As many people here have pointed out, the out-of-character thing is that she was never previously shown trying to do anything to make up for it until now.

Also speaking of AXIS, when was the last time Wanda did a major spell that didn't backfire? If you throw in the movie version accidentally blowing up a building and sparking a superhero civil war, and then go back to stories like Ultron Unlimited ("oops, I accidentally made Ultron twice as powerful") she's approaching I Dream of Jeannie levels of ineptitude.
    Regardless whether someone buys into the idea that Doom was “responsible” for M-Day, he did keep her under lock and key while she was amnesiac, with no discernible intention of helping her properly recover. She has proper reason to distrust or otherwise dislike Doom, even outside of her possession.

I do forget many of the finer details regarding AXIS, though...surely I can’t be blamed too much? Horrid event all around. Did she specifically mention the M-Day events pre-AXIS-inversion?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Mistakes when trying to do good are unforgivable, but when Selene deliberately tries to this same to make herself a goddess she gets a pardon and a promotion.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing; but I think Wanda fans should resign to the fact that she will forever be known as a giant f*ck up