Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Sinister is helping mutants with Resurrections!! It's undoing all the bad that humans and mutants did in the past. That's why your context is not fine, you're ignoring the most important thing.
    Yeah even though I don’t like Sinister being on the council, you can’t deny the good that he’s contributed with the Resurrections. If that eventually goes south then I’ll be willing to have a conversation about how his actions are comparable to Wanda raising a horde of zombies.

I dont hate Wanda. i Pity her.

When you hate a character everything he/she does gives you a emotion a good one a bad one . a hater spree a liker spree.

But with Wanda. is like "Poor soul. She is not that all bad i think? "

Seriously give her what she wants for once. so she and the xmen can progress of this vicicious and boring circle.

We get more mutants and the Avengers can have her without guilt, undo the undo of the redo of the retcon etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I dont hate Wanda. i Pity her.

When you hate a character everything he/she does gives you a emotion a good one a bad one . a hater spree a liker spree.

But with Wanda. is like "Poor soul. She is not that all bad i think? "

Seriously give her what she wants for once. so she and the xmen can progress of this vicicious and boring circle.

We get more mutants and the Avengers can have her without guilt, undo the undo of the redo of the retcon etc.
    I feel the same way. Back in the day, I was a big fan of Wanda, but for whatever reason, Avenger writers always wanted to torture her, possess her with some evil demon or have her have a mental breakdown. Some people like to constantly bring up Hank Pym's mental break and spousal abuse, especially writers, but that's nothing compared to how Wanda is treated. It's like they want to tell their Phoenix Saga story with her but keep failing each and every time. The closest they got with that was the Darker than Scarlet story-line Byrne wrote, but he didn't complete it.

So when I read this book (excellent by the way) I first thought: Wanda is gonna be dragged for this; why girl, WWHHHYYYY!?!?! LOL
    I really hate how Bendis has left this wake of character destruction, dragging Wanda further and further away from the hero I'd loved in the 80's and 90's. Marvel should have let the X-Office take over both Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver after M day. Even with the less than great storytelling, I think her redemption would have been better dealt with there.
    As for what she did here -- a total cluster F@@K. I just hope her appearance here and her other Empyre appearance jive. To make such a major error in judgement only to show up someplace else with seemingly warning anyone on said error, is not a good look for someone with so many negatives already stacked on her.

For the rest of the issue, this is the best Warren has been handle without the split personality shtick weighing him down. I especially loved his conversation with Xavier. Monet is always a treat. And Magik was funny, snarky and a badass, per usual. The Black Tom shade was everything.
    Explodey Boy was fun; Boom Boom could never...
    The Cotati was the usual 'invading space aliens' showing that we all seen a million times. Fighting the zombie mutants saved them from being boring.
    Count me as one who don't like the green-thumb Golden Girls. Its nice to see more female super-scientists, but they just don't do it for me.

I can't wait until next issue, but truly salivating for Queen Selene to make her appearance!

I thought that this issue was pretty good, especially for a tie-in issue for a crossover.

So, Mnet and Warren are the only actual members of X-Corp?

Count me amongst the people that would like to see Wanda gain some form of redemption for the decimation. The story has been going on for to long and could use some form of closure. That's just my opinion.
    It would also be nice to see Wanda restored to being a mutant, and for her and Quicksilver to become the children of Magneto again.

As for the rest of the characters, I thought that Monet and Magik were the best characters in the story. I thought that they really stood out as better than the other characters in the comic.

BANNED

For me this is a better step into redemption that has even been attempted.
    shes showing clear remorse and acountability? check.
    shes actually doing something about it? check
    its not perfect because that would be a boring story BUT its better than anything post HOM, its okay for her to overstep her bonderies and trying to do it alll herself becuase it makes sense, people that are situations like hers can be clouded by their wish to atone.
    Last edited by Ferro; 07-23-2020 at 06:38 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    its not perfect because that would be a boring story BUT its better than anything post HOM, its okay for her to overstep her bonderies and trying to do it alll herself becuase it makes sense, people that are situations like hers can be clouded by their wish to atone.
    Agreed. That’s my opinion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    My issue is that this happened way too late for me to care. This sort of redemption should have happened like 10 years ago. She's already ruined for me

Wanda Maximoff is a good character who works best as an X-Villain. I think am Avenger single handily decimating culture and causing harm to a a marginalised group gives interesting team dynamics when they interact with.

I love the bonfire Pretender stories. I love that shw has built such lore around it. I did not like how she brushed it off so easily and thoughtlessly initially, trying to make amends is a step forward but its hilarious that she made such a blunder here. There's a type of lack of emotional intelligence to own up to her sins and deal with it rather then wave a magic wand and make it all go away. She's taking the easy route rather then the difficult one. I'm interested in seeing Wanda try and sincerely make amends as Hickmans story goes forward but I don't ever want to see mutants be friendly with her. Tolerate her sure but never friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    My issue is that this happened way too late for me to care. This sort of redemption should have happened like 10 years ago. She's already ruined for me
    She was also blase about it which clouds her sincerity. I feel this was written well, had she taken real ownership and shown geniune remorse we would see Wanda as a different person

Enjoyable and funny issue.
    >Hilarious script and OK art. My only real issue was how Penance was drawn.
    >Wanda seems genuinely distraught about M Day but is willing to do whatever is necessary to atone for it. Her plan obviously backfired but she tried.
    >At the one month ago time frame when Wanda unwittingly zombifies Genosha [again], would Krakoa have been created yet?
    >"Never mythologize the meat."
    >2 million vegetarian zombies eating alien plant invaders? Damn.
    >When Magik blows her own cover just because she doesn't want to sit through a meeting? I love her.
    >Xavier showing his love for Warren [and the rest of the O5 by extension] was sweet.
    >Why is it so important to fix the gate? Figure out what's wrong with it and fix it but, if not, just grow a new one.
    >Can't Krakoa stop specific people from coming through the gates? I mean... Kitty. Have M telepathically tell someone that zombies are coming.
    >Cerebro didn't detect 16 million mutants zombies this time around? Telepaths didn't detect them? Black Panther's magic satellites didn't detect them? Mystics across the planet didn't detect a failed resurrection spell of this magnitude? No one saw anything wrong for a whole month?
    >PeMance wanting to be the alpha in business fits with her wanting to be the top dog in life in general.
    >Magik can't teleport all of those zombies to Limbo or into the sun? She can't weave a spell to kill them? With her along, even zombie horde threats seem minor. That's why she's a Captain.
    >The Golden Girls return. Meh. I hope they're funnier this time around.

Favourite panels...
    x1.jpg
    x3.jpg
    x4.jpg
    Last edited by nx01a; 07-23-2020 at 01:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    >At the one month ago time frame when Wanda unwittingly zombifies Genosha [again], would Krakoa have been created yet?
    Yes but not fully populated I think? IIRC HoXPoX mentions a six month time períod between Charles recruiting Doug and the very first scene of Jean welcoming kids to Krakoa/Mags talking to ambassadors

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Yes but not fully populated I think? IIRC HoXPoX mentions a six month time períod between Charles recruiting Doug and the very first scene of Jean welcoming kids to Krakoa/Mags talking to ambassadors
    Krakoa is not fully populated now. Krakoa had been around for 1 month at the start of HoX #1. Its been some time since then, maybe like 2-3 months

Captain America: Wanda didn't want to do this well ... You should be thankful ... Cyclops, you're wrong ...

Wanda's Spider-eye Buddha Staff looked pretty cool

Absolutely loved the Warren x Monet x Magik interactions. I need that X-Corp book ASAP.
    Add Karma, Sunspot and Dazzler and you've got the sexiest hit X-book.

As for Wanda... Did she really create a legion of zombie mutants only to quietly leave them alone in Genosha AND no one in the MU noticed a thing?
    Too big a plothole to ignore. I hope they make some sense of it.