Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Empyre - X-men #1 - Alien Plants vs Mutant Zombies vs SPOILERS

A year ago Dr. Strange is talking to Scarlet Witch and tells her what she did cant be undone and she must accept her sin. 9 months ago she is seen crying on Genosha. 7 months ago she is reading magic texts and the next page shows her going to places and objects I dont recognize. 1 month ago she finally accepts her sin and does not seek forgiveness but redemption. She strikes a staff on Genosha and shouts for the mutants to live. She's overwhelemed by unseen beings and screams nooooo.

Now. Cotati invade Genosha for a Wakanda strike as they want vibranium. They find a zombie who tells them that everyone that lives there is a mutant. His is to blow things up and he explodes. They fatally strike him but he does not die as he is undead. The 16 million mutants that died come out and go to war with the Cotati. Alien Plants vs Mutant Zombies

M and Warren are together in France in that preview scene with Magik who is their security. It was just a joke as she is here to watch them for Pof X to make sure they dont screw up. The two women start arguing. Magik doesnt want to stay for the meeting and opens up a portal back to Krakoa and they follow as they postpone the meeting

Krakoa. The gates are apparently sick and Black Tom feels something choking the vines. Warren talks to X privatetly about X-Corp. He's upset that X didnt think he would take it seriously. He wants to take what e got from the family he came from nad put it towards the family he chose. Xavier wasnt monitoring his use of resources but rather him as they dont have enough good mutants. There are alot of former enemies around and if something goes arry, they need him elsewhere.

Magik, M and Warren are going to check out the Genosha gate. Magneto says they can take 1 more citizen. Warren says there are thousands of forces there but Magneto is adamant about allowing just 1 person. So Warren chooses Madrox. They go and see the plant people. Magik adn Penance start slaying the Cotati and Zombies. Jamie sees that the gate is infected with weeds and pulls them off. The zombies rush towards the gate is a problem since they are mutants. They are shot by Hordeculture. Alien Plants vs Mutant Zombies vs Old Ladies

The Pretender still f--king sh-t up. I hope they ate her.
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-22-2020 at 06:52 AM.

BANNED

i mean... shes trying at least

I was not expecting this mini to have any Wanda impact
    I truly believe that Hickman is planning to fully address the No More Mutants stuff.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Any zombie mutants we are recognizing here?

Hope Warren does get to keep X-Corps and forms a team after this and Swords of X are done.

Monet should be a member, as well as Sunspot and is Rogue not rich after Destiny left her fortune to her?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Holy hell that was messy

But isn't Wanda appearing in another Empyre tie-in right now? Did editorial **** up things again?

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Holy hell that was messy

But isn't Wanda appearing in another Empyre tie-in right now? Did editorial **** up things again?
    Nah. Her scenes take place a month in the past so it looks like she survives

Wanda making everything about herself again and screwing up again. What's new.

I hope Selene shows up and shows her how it's done.

BANNED

I mean she can still do it in a wrong way but her attempts at really trying to aknowledge her mistakes and sins and it enourmous consequences and TRYING to do something that will truly give her a redemption is better than uncanny avengers where she just said her deeds were already forgotten.
    yes it was still too rash and she shouldnt have done it alone, but there is accountability and compassion here that we really havent seen before.

Even though her attempts haven’t worked exactly, this is the type of thing I wanted to see Wanda do. We know her spell was complex and couldn’t be undone without a power boost, so it’s good that she’s seeking out redemption in other ways, whilst also acknowledging that she might never be forgiven.

Of course, comic book rules dictate she wasn’t going to resurrect Genosha perfectly, but at least it shows her trying to help the mutant community.

Maybe Wanda should just send flowers and a card to Krakoa next time.

Ya know with Hickman writing this and the fact it was confirmed today the other half of her son's shacked up with Prodigy, it's got me wondering if we'll be seeing more of Wanda and Co on upcoming X-titles, sidenote why is she always taking things from demons, after stealing Mephisto's soul fragments and **** I would never trust that demon **** again. At the very least she's shagging Voodoo, one of her sons is a future god, and she's working at a school for magic surrounded by competent sorcerers other than Strange ask for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I mean she can still do it in a wrong way but her attempts at really trying to aknowledge her mistakes and sins and it enourmous consequences and TRYING to do something that will truly give her a redemption is better than uncanny avengers where she just said her deeds were already forgotten.
    yes it was still too rash and she shouldnt have done it alone, but there is accountability and compassion here that we really havent seen before.
    Yeah I like that she acknowledged that would she did was wrong and that she still has a connection to the mutant community even though she’s technically not a mutant anymore. The application of that remorse was just reaalllllllly stupid.

BANNED

yeah it was an enourmous spell that took months but CAMON.

imagine all the trouble and wasted time she could’ve saved herself if she just went to the Mutants and asked what she could do to help.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Wanda may have just saved the universe.