Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

On the one hand, Wanda is trying.

On the other hand, trying to resurrect 16 million people with magic ... Dear, what did you think was going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    Because comic books demand conflict.

Krakoa was planning to bring back the Genoshans anyway; the only issue was that the Five couldn’t cope with the amount of resurrections they would have to perform, not the resources of Krakoa.

Also, she isn’t welcome on Krakoa, so I’m not sure when you were expecting her to get in touch with its leadership.
    She's got Avengers connections. Just call Rogue. She made a bit mess with this and it's exactly the same kind of mess that gave us M'Day. It's all about her feelings and her screwing up with her powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah and I expect Selene to show up and solve this thing.
    She is appearing on 3rd issue if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    She is appearing on 3rd issue if I recall.
    Yes, she is. She knows a thing or two about zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    Because comic books demand conflict.

Krakoa was planning to bring back the Genoshans anyway; the only issue was that the Five couldn’t cope with the amount of resurrections they would have to perform, not the resources of Krakoa.

Also, she isn’t welcome on Krakoa, so I’m not sure when you were expecting her to get in touch with its leadership.
    Which worked with their limited resources. They were slowly buildin and the Five's resurrection worked with that. There is therapy and integration of these mutants which is easy enough to do when a few of them are returning at a time, but not at once. This is also a big strain on Xavier as he is the sole person that downloads the memories. Eventually he would train other telepaths to carry that load but that has not happened yet. The infrastructure is not in place for this huge load right now.

There's been a big discussion on these boards about their government which itself is a temporary solution fit to rule over the relatively few mutants they have. 16M is alot of citizens that will force change now which they were not prepared to deal with.

As for your last point. Krakoa has telephones and it has internet. Xavier is a telepath. Dont act like she doesnt have means to get in contact with him. She doesnt need to meet with him on Krakoa soil to have a conversation with him
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-22-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Honestly she should have went to Xavier and/or Magneto before she did this. What was she expecting the fallout to be? Genosha is in shambles. There is no society for those mutants to live. The rest of the world isnt gonna take them in which means they would end up being Krakoa's problem. Krakoa doesnt even have the infrastructure to accomadate 16 million additional mutants. They are a new nation that is slowly building towards that. Wanda really made a mess here

And another thing, why the hell didnt she try her spell to bring back one mutant? At least test that out before resurrecting the entire island

Yet she went to Dr. Strange to originally help her do it. She feels shame and guilt and was too scared to approach any of the X-men
    I thought Krakoa wanted to ressurect them anyway eventually(though it would take time) so I don't think Krakoa looks at them as a problem.As to how they could fit on Krakoa, they could simply set up settlements on the moon,or Arrako

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I thought Krakoa wanted to ressurect them anyway eventually(though it would take time) so I don't think Krakoa looks at them as a problem.As to how they could fit on Krakoa, they could simply set up settlements on the moon,or Arrako
    Read my above post. It isnt simply about space. I dont know what the population of Krakoa is. Maybe a few thousand? Over 16 million is a huge difference

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

were there any familiar faces being mutant zombies?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

I don't know why Hickman has to bring back the Hordeculture again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    It is an issue because we don't know if they have the resources to house all of them atm. And Krakoa Is currently helping resurrected mutants to readjust with telepaths and empaths, which would become impossible to do with 16 million mutants injected into their system.

It was a bad idea and it was executed very badly.

Because he likes making my dreams come true.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Because he likes making my dreams come true.
    X-Men jobbing against 3 old women is a dream come true lol

Extraordinary Member

X-Men jobbing against 3 old women is a dream come true lol
    Just imagine if they teamed up with Cassandra Nova ol’ wrinkly butt

I mean, if a group of plant men from outer space are invading Earth, bringing in some botanical-savvy superscientists is not crazy.

It is no surprise Hordeculture is back. Hickman was been setting things up for future stories in his one-and-done X-men series. He was planting seeds for their eventual return.

I liked this issue. I love Monet and Archangel, and X-corp is perfect for them. The Wanda/Genosha stuff was interesting though as others pointed out we've kind of been here before years ago with the Necrosha story. All in all it was a fun issue and it made me anticipate the next issue.