Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I have questions about Wolfsbane, if she is the original resurrected how does she feel about being taken away from her true love and her son in Vahalla or did Xavier erase all memory of them? If she is just clone why hasn't Dani kicked the collective asses of the quiet council yet?, does she now longer have her valkyrie powers?
    there hasn't been enough "unpacking" of rahne at all. I get why no one really wants to touch that but It has to be done

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    All the resurrected characters are clones.
    they spent a whole chunk of an issue of HoX discussing why this isn't true. A clone case would be what's going on w/ Vulcan rn, when two of the same character exist at once

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    they spent a whole chunk of an issue of HoX discussing why this isn't true. A clone case would be what's going on w/ Vulcan rn, when two of the same character exist at once
    They aren't in their original bodies. What they come out of is literally cloned from their DNA

I mean the technicalities of ressurecting in your old decomposed body are iffy as hell anyway. Transferring your consciousness into a new cloned body is the coolest option.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jonincentex View Post
    Utterly worthless issue. I'd like to know how the writer avoided using Dani to control the dreamer considering her own talent to manifest a person's best and worst fantasies. I guess that would have robbed wildside of his starring moment.

The book needs to get back to the original mutants and drop the chaf that's joined. None of them are particularly interesting, and I want to hear about Dani, Doug, Majik, Sunspot, Shan and Wolfsbane. If they wanted to add another character they should add the best one to ever appear in the New Mutants, Xavier's son. The whole story about going to get beak was dreadful. If there ever was a character I couldn't care less about it's beak.
    Drunk Boom-Boom seems to be.

Agreed. They need to stop screwing around and just kill off the Gen X and other useless characters like Xman and Blink like they did all those years before.

These guys don't belong in this book anymore than the Power Pack characters would belong.

And why in hell is the *Total Looser* known as Chamber is still even on the team after what happened in space? Wouldn't have Dani,Illyana and Shan made it perfectly clear that his presence on the team was no longer desired?

Why would Chamber even want to be on an X team after blaming Scott for getting him killed?

Why would Dani,Illyana and Shan want Chamber around unless they wanted some giggles watching Chamber kick the bucket again like he did last time?
    Last edited by c-lei; 07-25-2020 at 01:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Nah, he was in this issue. Didn’t quite look right, but it was him.
    He (Jono) should've been left floating in space.(along with the majority of his classmates)
    Last edited by c-lei; 07-25-2020 at 01:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I mean the technicalities of ressurecting in your old decomposed body are iffy as hell anyway. Transferring your consciousness into a new cloned body is the coolest option.
    Besides, we really don't need a repeat of what transpired in Buffy....

Quote Originally Posted by c-lei View Post
    He (Jono) should've been left floating in space.(along with the majority of his classmates)
    I get that you like the original New Mutants, but there's no need to trash on other people's favorites (I'm talking about Gen X not Blob).

At the same time I am in agreement with you that there are too many characters in this book. If they were going to have younger generations join the NM on these adventures I wish they would at least take the time to explain why they're there instead of pretending like everyone is best friends.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    (I'm talking about Gen X not Blob).

Do you mean Glob and not Blob?

I didn't see Blob appearing in New Mutants.

Anyway, I really don't like how Brisson is treating the New Mutants as incompetent 'baby X-Men'. It's really an insult to their years of battle experiences and their powers.
    Last edited by ericng; 07-26-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I get that you like the original New Mutants, but there's no need to trash on other people's favorites (I'm talking about Gen X not Blob).

At the same time I am in agreement with you that there are too many characters in this book. If they were going to have younger generations join the NM on these adventures I wish they would at least take the time to explain why they're there instead of pretending like everyone is best friends.
    I know riiiight? what did Jono/Gen x do to him/her?

I agree though, Id be fine with Jono(and Mondo) being removed from this book, they've been wallpaper since the beginning and without Reis's pretty art isnt really worth it for me anymore. I will give credit to Hickman for thinking of the Gen Xers enough to include them somewhere and not keep them in limbo.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post

I agree though, Id be fine with Jono(and Mondo) being removed from this book, they've been wallpaper since the beginning and without Reis's pretty art isnt really worth it for me anymore. I will give credit to Hickman for thinking of the Gen Xers enough to include them somewhere and not keep them in limbo.
    It's not just Gen Xers but the other New Mutants as well, I don't see much character development nor much use of their powers. They have been rendered incompetent 'baby X-Men' by Brisson.

Brisson is giving more attention to Armor and Glob than the others just like Hickman gave more attention to Sunspot and Cannonball.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It's not just Gen Xers but the other New Mutants as well, I don't see much character development nor much use of their powers. They have been rendered incompetent 'baby X-Men' by Brisson.

Brisson is giving more attention to Armor and Glob than the others just like Hickman gave more attention to Sunspot and Cannonball.
    Glob's been in a total of 3 pages in the 4 issues since Brisson has taken over completely from Hickman. He is not getting more attention than the rest

Amazing Member

I was busy with stuff so I was only able to finish this issue today. It was painful to read through. It's very flat if not outright boring which is ironic considering a cast with Boom-Boom, Dani and Yana. I do like the few interactions and situations with Karma and Boom-Boom. Karma is very quiet and not much of a 'main eventer'. One could even say she's a b-caliber character not meant for the spotlight, whereas Boom-Boom is bright, brash and bold. She's chaos incarnated, the exact opposite of Karma. I just like how contrasting these two are, they could make an interesting team-up, the same way we usually like Yana and Dani together. IMHO.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas View Post
    I was busy with stuff so I was only able to finish this issue today. It was painful to read through. It's very flat if not outright boring which is ironic considering a cast with Boom-Boom, Dani and Yana. I do like the few interactions and situations with Karma and Boom-Boom. Karma is very quiet and not much of a 'main eventer'. One could even say she's a b-caliber character not meant for the spotlight, whereas Boom-Boom is bright, brash and bold. She's chaos incarnated, the exact opposite of Karma. I just like how contrasting these two are, they could make an interesting team-up, the same way we usually like Yana and Dani together. IMHO.

It really depends on who is writing Karma. If she is in a more capable writer such as Zeb Wells or Chris Claremont, she will definitely shine.

Look at how she went against Sage and her uncle in Chris's time.

Armor is Brisson's favorite and NOT Karma so naturally the spotlight falls on Armor and also another male favorite that starts with 'Gxxx'.