Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Shredder (Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) vs Some X-men

Right, trying to come up with something reasonably competitive here, apologies if I skew too hard in one direction or another.

- Shredder/Shadow Beast (RotTMNT)

...takes on the following...

- Classic era Rogue
    - Colossus
    - Cyclops
    - Wolverine
    - Storm

Fight takes place in a deserted Manhattan.

Might need to cut Storm, potentially, but we'll start with that.

Can the heroes take him out?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-25-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Holy crap? That's a serious line up of mutants.

Has Shredder been working out? I'm unfamiliar with this version of him.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I appreciate Rise isn't super well known around here. Clips are kind of hard to find so I'm sourcing from Twitter mostly.

See here for Rise's most recent Shredder-centric fight scene. Obviously, spoilers everywhere.

It is worth noting that Shredder is pretty much unphased by everything that happens in that clip. As seen in this clip that immediately follows it.

Here is Draxam using the power of Shredder with some nifty strength and durability feats.

Shredder, while his power is noted as being unstable, tears a freight ship in half and has a pretty neat speed feat into the bargain.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-25-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Now, the more observant among you might be thinking "Nik, old buddy, old pal, is this just an excuse for you to recommend that people watch RotTMNT?

Well observed, yes, that's exactly what I'm doing.

Has Shredder been working out? I'm unfamiliar with this version of him.
    Short answer yes.

Longer answer, Shredder is more akin to previously sealed dark god/demon sort of thing than a normal dude in this version of the show. He is considerably more powerful than most other iterations of the character. Also Rise is anime as fuck and does some WILD feats in it's more out there fight scenes.

It's a really good show guys.

The animation is SO top tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Now, the more observant among you might be thinking "Nik, old buddy, old pal, is this just an excuse for you to recommend that people watch RotTMNT?

Well observed, yes, that's exactly what I'm doing.

Short answer yes.

Longer answer, Shredder is more akin to previously sealed dark god/demon sort of thing than a normal dude in this version of the show. He is considerably more powerful than most other iterations of the character. Also Rise is anime as fuck and does some WILD feats in it's more out there fight scenes.

It's a really good show guys.

The animation is SO top tier.
    So, this Shredder is more akin to the Tengu/Demon Shredder from the 2003 cartoon series. Awesome.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Ok. Holy crap. Like, jesus.

Shredder wins this. He has more offensive oomph then Colossus for sure. He can flash step away from the initial blasts of Scott and Storm. Then he closes the gap and pulps everyone who isnt super durable with the simple passing of his fists/claws.

Like seriously, he punched a guy UP through a skyscraper from a punch that didn't even hit. The shockwave of the failed punch knocked the dude up through 40 stories of concrete. His earlier swipes were destroying entire city blocks of buildings without even making contact.

Colossus lasts for a while. Logan might crawl back to his feet once. The others are dead in the first near miss. Even if they DO zap him, he is durable enough to get out of that position and then use his speed.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Crap, I forgot Rogue. She makes this interesting. She also has some good speed feats. Hmm.
    - big_adventure

My initial match up was just Rogue. I think she's durable enough to eat his hits for a bit without going down but I felt that she didn't have the strength feats to just win a slugfest, so I added the others to try and even it out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    My initial match up was just Rogue. I think she's durable enough to eat his hits for a bit without going down but I felt that she didn't have the strength feats to just win a slugfest, so I added the others to try and even it out a bit.
    I think Arby’s point was more that she made it interesting because if they’re getting into close combat then the prospect opens up of her getting all power-absorby.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I think Arby’s point was more that she made it interesting because if they’re getting into close combat then the prospect opens up of her getting all power-absorby.
    Yeah, that is what I was thinking.
    - big_adventure