Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Thor can just AoE at the bell and smoosh Barakapool and Blink. He can then launch a massive, multi-space-whale killing or Hela-stunning lightning blast to reduce Barakapool to an adamantium skeleton.

Shaw can't do a damn thing to Thor without prep - Shaw had extensive, massive prep, absorbing a nuclear reactor for a long period of time, before he could ignore what Mags was doing. I suppose Thor could whip up a storm to pick Shaw up in the air (à la Destroyer), spin him around until he's dizzy, set Mjolnir on the guy so he can't move, then slowly force his finger through the guy's eye until he dies, à la Mags slowly killing Shaw with a coin.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Since it's only Thor circa the first movie/avengers, he can't do the Hela thing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Thor can just AoE at the bell and smoosh Barakapool and Blink. He can then launch a massive, multi-space-whale killing or Hela-stunning lightning blast to reduce Barakapool to an adamantium skeleton.

Shaw can't do a damn thing to Thor without prep - Shaw had extensive, massive prep, absorbing a nuclear reactor for a long period of time, before he could ignore what Mags was doing. I suppose Thor could whip up a storm to pick Shaw up in the air (à la Destroyer), spin him around until he's dizzy, set Mjolnir on the guy so he can't move, then slowly force his finger through the guy's eye until he dies, à la Mags slowly killing Shaw with a coin.
    Just to note this is Thor from his 1st movie, so alot of those things he can't do here.

Barakapool can regen from it and has Adamantium bones so it won't stop him at all or teleport above said AOE.

Blink can open multiple portals to big enough to cover herself, or teleport above said AOE. She has good muti tasking feats to do this.

Shaw can absorb energy as well as physical force so all Thor would be doing is amping him up then eating the return attack.

Also this a team attack so both Barakapool and Blink can teleport themselves or teammates out of any weather traps.

Plus Barakapools Eye Blasts>>>>The Destroyers. So with better speed feats Barakapool would open up with his continuous Eye Blast before Thor can AOE and if Thor can block it then while he is doing so Blink teleports Shaw behind him to attack, or opens a portal underneath Thor then closes it while he is halfway through(like Dr Strange did to Cull, which she has already done in her fight). There are more options, just stating a few here.

First movie Thor does the Jotunheim blast, and directs lightning. That'll do just fine. He can also spin the hammer and use it to spit up ground sediment hard enough to shred Jotuns, who are a lost physically more durable than Barakapool. So, Jotunheim AoE kills Blink and stuns (at least) Barakapool, followed by numerous ways to remove all of Barakapool's fleshy bits, or just physically ripping the guy's head off.

Blink was pretty good, but Blink died handily. She was better as a surprise, or coordinating other people's assaults that she's practiced with. She's not surviving the Jotunheim blast, and she's not teleporting above it.

And again, all Thor has to do is literally lift Shaw off the ground like he did the Destroyer, hold him there, then drop Mjolnir on him. Shaw is now pinned, and there is no way he's moving Mjolnir. Thor now just slowly pushes his thumb through the guy's head, we explicitly know that this is a weakness of his. Thor, even pre-upgrades, simply has too many tools in his toolbox for these guys.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    First movie Thor does the Jotunheim blast, and directs lightning. That'll do just fine. He can also spin the hammer and use it to spit up ground sediment hard enough to shred Jotuns, who are a lost physically more durable than Barakapool. So, Jotunheim AoE kills Blink and stuns (at least) Barakapool, followed by numerous ways to remove all of Barakapool's fleshy bits, or just physically ripping the guy's head off.

Blink was pretty good, but Blink died handily. She was better as a surprise, or coordinating other people's assaults that she's practiced with. She's not surviving the Jotunheim blast, and she's not teleporting above it.

And again, all Thor has to do is literally lift Shaw off the ground like he did the Destroyer, hold him there, then drop Mjolnir on him. Shaw is now pinned, and there is no way he's moving Mjolnir. Thor now just slowly pushes his thumb through the guy's head, we explicitly know that this is a weakness of his. Thor, even pre-upgrades, simply has too many tools in his toolbox for these guys.
    The Jotunheim fight was what I was picturing when I made my reply.

Barakapool eye beams Thor before he can AOE or direct lightning or rock toss. And there is no way Thor is going hand to hand with him as he is fast enough(minus plot needing him to be slow) to dance around Thor and slice him up while doing so, and that is without adding in his combat teleportation.

Blink can open portals bigger than herself so any attack at her is nullified as the lightning and spinning rock attacks get portaled away and along with any AOE blast. She was making multiple portals for multiple people all being attacked simultaneously at pre ise moments so that means she thinks fast enough to cover herself from any attack Thor can do here. Also Blink died after multi tasking for her whole team while being overrun numbers wise by an endless amount of Power Adapting robots, so against Thor by himself she is much more capable here then the Sentinel fight.

Also Shaws absorbtion would tank whatever this Thor can dish out, and his return attack would mess up Thor afterwards. Nothing in the Jotunheim fight would overload him that I saw.

So Shaw would need to have shown a level of instant absorption on par with the Jotunhiem blast in order for us to say he could. Has he?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    The Jotunheim fight was what I was picturing when I made my reply.

Barakapool eye beams Thor before he can AOE or direct lightning or rock toss. And there is no way Thor is going hand to hand with him as he is fast enough(minus plot needing him to be slow) to dance around Thor and slice him up while doing so, and that is without adding in his combat teleportation.

Blink can open portals bigger than herself so any attack at her is nullified as the lightning and spinning rock attacks get portaled away and along with any AOE blast. She was making multiple portals for multiple people all being attacked simultaneously at pre ise moments so that means she thinks fast enough to cover herself from any attack Thor can do here. Also Blink died after multi tasking for her whole team while being overrun numbers wise by an endless amount of Power Adapting robots, so against Thor by himself she is much more capable here then the Sentinel fight.

Also Shaws absorbtion would tank whatever this Thor can dish out, and his return attack would mess up Thor afterwards. Nothing in the Jotunheim fight would overload him that I saw.
    So for you, this is a stomp for your team, is that what you are saying? You seem to be saying that any one of your three is more than a match for Thor. Which would imply that it's a stomp, and it's a no-no to post stomps here.

That said...

Thor didn't get stronger or more durable or more skilled between Thor and Avengers. That's ridiculous speculation that isn't borne out by literally anything. It's not like he was a teenager in Thor (he was 1500 years old or so) and passed into physical maturity, or that he trained some ludicrous amount more between Thor and Avengers to explain some kind of gross shift in power. He was extremely impressive in the Jotunheim fight. He was extremely impressive in the Destroyer fight. Hell, he was extremely impressive completely dismantling the heavily armed and armored SHIELD agents (despite almost Arrow-level bad choreography) when he was depowered in Thor. Even going by only the feats explicitly present in the first Thor movie, he isn't hurt by anything in powered form. Even just transforming into powered form erased the fatal injuries he'd suffered getting smacked by the Destroyer. Barakapool's eyebeams aren't scratching him. He's strong enough to one-shot Jotuns, Jotuns who are physically superior to (but less skilled then) his Asgardian pals (and even bog standard asgardians are bullet proof, extremely superhumanly strong, quick, fast-healing, etc.). He's fast enough to repeatedly, casually block the Destroyer's eyebeams with swings from his hammer (so he can easily block the less-powerful Barakapool's eyebeams), Barakapool's beams requiring a visible charge time, and those beams are casually blockable by the "slower than Thor" Logan. And he's still capable of massive AoE attacks at "I"m faster than Blink" reaction time. Her portals take visible time to open. She's very skilled with them, but as they have an opening time, and that time is going to subject at least parts of her very human body to massive forces released by AoEs Thor has repeatedly demonstrated himself capable of spitting out. Or again, he just picks her and the others up with a storm. He can just use lightning then on her dizzy spinning incapable-of-jumping-through-a-portal-because-she's-at-his-mercy body or fly over and rip her head off while she is just hanging out there. Or just AoE while she's incapable of seeing what's coming because he's turned her around and hidden her in clouds. He has wayyyyyyyy too much at his disposal to lose to these guys.

Shaw has to consciously take in energy it seems, and he's never tanked anything on the level of what Thor can dish quickly. Even if Shaw can and spits some of Thor's energy back at him, why on earth would that level of energy "mess up Thor"? He's tanked an incredible amount of force. And if it's lightning, we clearly see that lightning doesn't hurt Thor at all. And how is Shaw advancing to Thor when Thor has picked him up in wind, held him there, then set Mjolnir down on his chest? Hulk can't lift Mjolnir - can't even budge the thing. Shaw sure as hell can't.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

The thing with "picking Shaw up with wind" is that that would exert kinetic force on him, which he can absorb, which in turn means it isn't going to be moving him. This is a guy who casually walked through a PO'd Magneto's attempts to smack him with girders on a day where Magneto's picking up submarines and instantly catching many tons worth of missiles being fired at him by the US (and I think also the Russian) army.

Just putting Mjolnir on him might work, at least for a 10 count, since he definitely isn't Worthy to lift it, as long as he isn't hit with something that gives him enough strength to just push himself through whatever Mjolnir is pinning him to.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 07-24-2020 at 06:31 AM.

How do we feel Thor's durability would do against an adamantium blade? Putting everything else aside, Barakapool comp is still much faster and can teleport over to the guy before he can react. Feels like this needs answering before any other stuff.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    How do we feel Thor's durability would do against an adamantium blade? Putting everything else aside, Barakapool comp is still much faster and can teleport over to the guy before he can react. Feels like this needs answering before any other stuff.
    A blade is a blade, the edge is the edge, it doesn't really matter how hard it is as long as it's swung by a dude with human strength. We'd need to go by the best feats for the blade and the wielder. And, in this case, the best feats are all of cutting some humanly-durable skin. Loki can pierce Thor's skin with Asgardian magic metal. Barakapool is no Loki, and Adamantium isn't Asgardian magic metal.

Considering the whole argument for Thor was "Thor AOE at the Bell wins it for him" you seem to think it was a stomp the other way and I was arguing against that. I put this fight up knowing it would be interesting and all I got was the above answer so I had to argue the other side. I also said teamwork is what is going to be key here, and never said anyone can solo him, just that some of their attacks can definitely hurt him(like Blinks portal cutting, or Barakapool eye beams and blades).

Here is some of Shaws absorbtion feats which has him instantly absorbing grenades in his hand going off, a Rocket Launcher hitting him while he is being hit by Dozens of Assualt Rifles on full automatic, Havoks energy blasts that messed up thick steel doors, and his power to amplify the damage output of whatever he absorbs for offensive attacks.

For Blades Barakapools feats are moving his arms fast enough to block bullets, and cutting wise there are alot of feats of Adamantium cutting by multiple characters would apply besides Silver Samurai who added heat to his blade for attack. In
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 07-24-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Considering the whole argument for Thor was "Thor AOE at the Bell wins it for him" you seem to think it was a stomp the other way and I was arguing against that. I put this fight up knowing it would be interesting and all I got was the above answer so I had to argue the other side. I also said teamwork is what is going to be key here, and never said anyone can solo him, just that some of their attacks can definitely hurt him(like Blinks portal cutting, or Barakapool eye beams and blades).

Here is some of Shaws absorbtion feats which has him instantly absorbing grenades in his hand going off, a Rocket Launcher hitting him while he is being hit by Dozens of Assualt Rifles on full automatic, Havoks energy blasts that messed up thick steel doors, and his power to amplify the damage output of whatever he absorbs for offensive attacks.

For Blades Barakapools feats are moving his arms fast enough to block bullets, and cutting wise there are alot of feats of Adamantium cutting by multiple characters would apply besides Silver Samurai who added heat to his blade for attack.
    Quibble 1: Barakapool most definitely does not have any bullet timing feats. Wade Wilson did. But despite the advantage of teleportation, Barakapool couldn't land significant hits on two distinctly non-bullet-timers, and was killed by one "for real" and killed by getting shot by a gun (when Deadpool kills Barakapool during time travel silliness).

Quibble 2: You can't apply feats from other characters to Barakapool's blades.

Quibble 3: Shaw never once absorbs anything he is not prepared to absorb. He preps himself to absorb energy from the reactor, he intentionally blows up the grenade, he dares Havok to shoot him and absorbs that, he walks intentionally into the automatic weapons and sees them all coming, same for the rocket launcher. On top of that, he never comes close to absorbing an amount of energy equivalent to the Jotunheim blast. But even if he did, it isn't going to help him.

Quibble 4: Thor is much quicker than Blink, so his AoE is going to kill her normal soft squishy human self. Even if she starts to open a portal as a shield, she won't finish, as they have clear, visible open and close times, and it doesn't need to touch all of her to obliterate her horribly. Ripping a leg and an arm off is just fine to drop her into shock.

I never said AoE at the bell wins it: I explicitly said that he can AoE to kill Blink and at least stun or knockback Barakapool. He can then use lightning to melt Barakapool, or fling him miles with wind, or whatever. Even if Barakapool teleports close to attack, it just puts him close to the AoE, not a great move. If he teleports somewhere out of the ring to avoid the blast, it's a ringout, and an instant DQ for him. Those two down, Shaw has no chance. Shaw has no feats for avoiding being picked up by wind.

I think taking away Wade's bullet timing post upgrade is a silly thing to do. He is literally the same character. Just with more stuff. He has all of one (real) movie appearance.

Him getting hit by slow people later isn't proof of much beyond normal inconsistency stuff. Like how DCEU Wonder Woman sometimes fights germans at less then slow mo speeds.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

So your saying Shaw knew when the grenade would go off in his hands and not reacting to it? Or that he knew with pin point accuracy where a dozen plus Swat agents were and when to absorb every bullet of their Auto gun fire and the exact moment the Rocket would hit him while calculating when to absorb the thousands of bullets hitting him simultaneously? Shaws power is reactive and works without him knowing exactly where and when to start absorbing force.

Also Thor is not faster than Blink who again was multi tasking like crazy opening pin point portals against people mid attack at thought speed. Here against a single opponent she can definitely think portal before Thor finishes his physical moves to do his AOE then have it travel 100ft to hit her.

Also it's Adamantium from a Wolverine movie so all the feats Adamantium has in all his movies applies here. It's the same universe and same continuity so it wouldn't randomly get weaker or stronger because someone not Wolverine is using it.

Adamantium bullets can pierce adamantium skulls in that universe. Wolverine himself can effortlessly claw through 6 inches of reinforced steel plating. Like it's nothing. Like literal butter.

Adamantium cannot cut adamantium (without heat apparently) but pretty nearly cut anything else with no trouble.

I'm not suggesting Thor has compartmentalized durability. I dont think he does. But a bullet timing teleporter jamming a steel plate cutting blade into his eyes miiight get his attention.
    - big_adventure