I have been casually reading this mini, but this if the first issue where I actually enjoyed the character interactions and resolutions.

A summery; we start off where we left off, the Doom Bots converge on the mutants and FF. Kitty tries to get to Franklin, but Doom states he knows her powers better than her and triggers a yet unknown part of her powers to manipulate her density. Seems like 616 Kitty is gonna take a page from her Ultimate counterpart. though she's still MIA right now Sue goes to help Emma and the team fight the Doombots, while Kitty uses willpower to overcome Doom scrambling her powers. She phases through Doom by surprise, scrambling the suit, and freeing Franklin. Franklin then uses his power to end the fight in a bright flash of light. The teams rescue the hostage mutants and both the FF/X-Men apologize for how they handled and escalated the situation. A bit that Sue outright tells them she does not agree with some of Krakoa's mission statements. The FF decide to let Franklin visit the island and help train his powers, which he still loses the more he uses them but the island seems to circumvent some of the effects to decrease the loss.

The book ends on a high note, as Magneto and Charles come back with Franklin through a gate to the FFs home after a training session on Krakoa, with an intent to pay Reed a visit. Charles states the the machine Richard was using didn't only track mutants but has the ability to also erase/harm the X-gene and so he is deciding to wipe Reeds memory of how to make it forever. Charles states the memory wipe will be like taking away pieces of a jig saw puzzle that he can never put together again and that if he were still on the Illumanti he would choose to erase the memory of him ever doing it. But he wants Reed to do know he did this, for him to remember them not-so-subtly threatening Reed. Despite the relatively cordial goodbye on Latveria, it seems like Charles and Magneto wanted to leave Reed with little doubt that they wouldn't tolerate reckless use of his inventions if they can be used to harm mutants. They walk away and Reed seems stunned.

Anyway this was a better ending and resolution then I was hoping for and I was pleasantly surprised. Suppose this means whenever Kitty gets back she'll be using a new aspect to her powers.