Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 543
  1. #481
    Mighty Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The whitewashing of Magneto is inexcusable, you'd think it was the X-men who were the villains in their own comic book. As long as the humans and mutants Magneto's responsible for killing is done off-panel they don't matter, they aren't even credited as victims of his terrorist acts. As well as Magneto being retconned into a saint after he became the Academy's headmaster.
    I see Magneto becoming the Academy’s headmaster more like a penance… He wasn’t so thrilled to do it.
    (I never saw him as a saint but, usually, when you get old, you begin to see things differently. It’s just… that the authors like him too much to let him retire.)

    But I agree with you about all the people that are victims in comics and whose fate is swept under the carpet. It isn’t especially about X-men books: authors usually are more interested by feelings, actions of the main characters… They are the stars and the reader empathizes with them. The rest, often, are just there to make up numbers: they look less like “real people”. It’s the responsability of the authors that everyone matter. After all, we are not all stars…

  2. #482
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,465

    Default

    If you don't like "Magneto is forgiven and joins the X-Men", you should just enjoy the Stan Lee era

  3. #483
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If you don't like "Magneto is forgiven and joins the X-Men", you should just enjoy the Stan Lee era
    Why is that every villainous story arc with Magneto is ignored after he joined the Academy? People are forgetting how he took over the Hellfire Club while he was at Xavier's, the New Mutants turn against him and he goes on too do this after he goes back to Avalon.



    Canon isn't a choose your own adventure story, Glio.

  4. #484
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4,465

    Default

    For the same reason that Reed Richards and Tony Stark were not tried in The Hague after what they did in Civil War.

    They are comics.

  5. #485
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    For the same reason that Reed Richards and Tony Stark were not tried in The Hague after what they did in Civil War.

    They are comics.
    This isn't the Golden Age, Glio. Canon isn't multiple choice. I can at least point out that Reed and Stark were badly written in that storyline, Magneto's just being himself. He's a villain. I can't just write off Civil War as not being in continuity, as much as I'd like to.

    Magneto's a great character but like him for all that is and the context he's in. Don't whitewash his actions because Marvel disagrees with you on who he is.

  6. #486
    Mighty Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The torture part isn’t true: when Magneto trapped the X-men in the special chairs that inhibited their powers and reverse them into a infant state in the Antartica base, it was psychological torture.

    Magneto is too inconsistent for me to consider him as an unique character
    That story was written by Claremont actually because he was showing how Magnetoīs powers affected his mind during the silver age and he took a petty revenge on the X-men but it was also him and the main editor of marvel at the time, who chose to write his future redemption and develop him as part of the X-men, with a trial, team up with the X-men, being headmaster of the school and later on his last story on asteroid M, under editorial orders of making magneto a villain again, despite this, Claremont did all those changes working on the character not by ignoring his previous story but with character development and real growth.

    In literature characters are supposed to change according to the story, they are supposed to go from point A to point B, a good person may do evil a bad person may do good, if they donīt do this then there is not much to be said about a story, a plot happened with static characters and just that.

    Comics are unfurtunately a static medium that needs to keep things static to a point but the merit of marvel and what made it such a succesful editiorial in the past was that they dared to change the rules by allowing the characters to growth and change on their stories as much as the medium allowed and thatīs also the reason why Claremontīs take on the X-men is so well remembered because he did this development and growth according to their story with all the X-men, not only magneto.


    I like him written by some authors and dislike him by others
    I believe this is true of most characters in comics and itīs also my case, itīs not particular of magnetoīs character.

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel inquisitor:
    The whitewashing of Magneto is inexcusable, you'd think it was the X-men who were the villains in their own comic book.
    Lol of course not but I am showing whatīs actually in the comics you may think thatīs whitewashing, thatīs your prerrogative, but thatīs part of the character story.

    As long as the humans and mutants Magneto's responsible for killing is done off-panel they don't matter, they aren't even credited as victims of his terrorist acts. As well as Magneto being retconned into a saint after he became the Academy's headmaster.
    Magneto had two trials, he has been personally punished for his actions by stabbing and erasing of his mind, has died a lot of times as a result of them, thatīs how justice works in comics and still his story of teaming up with the X-men and being loyal to them, loving his human wife and child and protecting humanity is also true and part of the character story, not for a little while or one story, but for at least 20 years in real world time. Itīs your choice to prefer to think of him as "just a monster" or "just a villain" there are even some Magneto fans that like him more as a villain because they meet him that way and think heīs more interesting or cool when heīs like that , those are fair takes on the character but the rest of his story is also a fact that has been shown on the comics for years.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-31-2020 at 06:32 AM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  7. #487
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    That story was written by Claremont actually because he was showing how Magnetoīs powers affected his mind during the silver age and he took a petty revenge on the X-men but it was also him and the main editor of marvel at the time, who chose to write his future redemption and develop him as part of the X-men, with a trial, team up with the X-men, being headmaster of the school and later on his last story on asteroid M, under editorial orders of making magneto a villain again, despite this, Claremont did all those changes working on the character not by ignoring his previous story but with character development and real growth.
    He joined and subverted the Hellfire Club in Claremont's run and is a actions lead to the New Mutants going to war with him. His redemption story was far more grey than how you're describing it.

    In literature characters are supposed to change according to the story, they are supposed to go from point A to point B, a good person may do evil a bad person may do good, if they donīt do this then there is not much to be said about a story, a plot happened with static characters and just that.
    Magneto did change, but he remained a villain anyway. People are complex creatures, in real life and in fiction this is what makes Magneto a great character. Except how a person is good or evil ins't chosen by cherrypicking the best parts and magneto had made many unforgivable acts as a villain. He's not a "good" person, he's a "bad" person who sometimes does good things.

    Comics are unfurtunately a static medium that needs to keep things static to a point but the merit of marvel and what made it such a succesful editiorial in the past was that they dared to change the rules by allowing the characters to growth and change on their stories as much as the medium allowed and thatīs also the reason why Claremontīs take on the X-men is so well remembered because he did this development and growth according to their story with all the X-men, not only magneto.
    True, but this doesn't make Magneto any less of a villain he's written as.

    I believe this is true of most characters in comics and itīs also my case, itīs not particular of magnetoīs character.
    That was a subjective opinion based on who wrote him, Magneto himself had nothing to do with it since he has no agency in how he's written.

    Lol of course not but I am showing whatīs actually in the comics you may think thatīs whitewashing, thatīs your prerrogative, but thatīs part of the character story.
    You're cherrypicking what's in the comics. What I said is also canon, you're choosing to ignore that part of Magneto's story.

    Magneto had two trials, he has been personally punished for his actions by stabbing and erasing of his mind, has died a lot of times as a result of them, thatīs how justice works in comics and still his story of teaming up with the X-men and being loyal to them, loving his human wife and child and protecting humanity is also true and part of the character story, not for a little while or one story, but for at least 20 years in real world time. Itīs your choice to prefer to think of him as "just a monster" or "just a villain" there are even some Magneto fans that like him more as a villain because they meet him that way and think heīs more interesting or cool when heīs like that , those are fair takes on the character but the rest of his story is also a fact that has been shown on the comics for years.
    I know he was tried by the United nations but what was his other trial? Those actions aren't by super-heroes, not the courts, he may be "punished" but he hasn't shown much remorse for his actions and he constantly goes back to square one too quickly. Considering his actions which have been on the global scale he got off light with that, he's killed untold numbers of people just from "The Magneto War." His alliance with the X-men is always temporary and he constantly fights with them whenever they do that, his time as the principal are being looked through by rose tinted glasses rather than what actually happened. He was acting more grey anti-hero than a "white hat." Loving his human life and child (and his children like Wanda, Lorna and Pietro have an enormously complicated and at times abusive relationship with him) have nothing to with not making him a bad guy, Walter White loved his family, that didn't make him any less of a villain. You insist of ignoring the full character of him in those 20 years, again whitewashing his past to make him saintly when he really isn't. He's made tremendous progress, and he's made massive mistakes and regressions which have earned him the name "villain." What's he done to redeem himself for what he did to Logan or Dazzler?

    Monsters don't have to be all evil to remain monsters, and there's so much monster in Magneto and when he lets it out thousands can die at once. I'm not saying you're incorrect but it's not entirely correct, either. You're also focusing on what's good for him from his perspective, what about his victims and those who fear him? Where do they get a say in how Magneto is perceived? More often then not magneto's not in jail somewhere or on redemption quests he's in the seat of power and he doesn't do enough soul searching. That's why the villain moniker sticks, Marvel doesn't let him progress out of it - even Venom was able to overcome this much more than he has.

    This also goes into his legacy, as a villain he's founded more than one terrorist group which can bring the world to its knees. He has various active followers who hinge on his word, and have followed him terrorising people, causing destruction on a global scale and have their own super-villain careers - like Exodus. Xavier is the defining influence of the X-men and their affiliates, Magneto is the same for those groups. Many of which haven't been bought to justice.

  8. #488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    That story was written by Claremont actually because he was showing how Magnetoīs powers affected his mind during the silver age and he took a petty revenge on the X-men but it was also him and the main editor of marvel at the time, who chose to write his future redemption and develop him as part of the X-men, with a trial, team up with the X-men, being headmaster of the school and later on his last story on asteroid M, under editorial orders of making magneto a villain again, despite this, Claremont did all those changes working on the character not by ignoring his previous story but with character development and real growth.

    In literature characters are supposed to change according to the story, they are supposed to go from point A to point B, a good person may do evil a bad person may do good, if they donīt do this then there is not much to be said about a story, a plot happened with static characters and just that.

    Comics are unfurtunately a static medium that needs to keep things static to a point but the merit of marvel and what made it such a succesful editiorial in the past was that they dared to change the rules by allowing the characters to growth and change on their stories as much as the medium allowed and thatīs also the reason why Claremontīs take on the X-men is so well remembered because he did this development and growth according to their story with all the X-men, not only magneto.




    I believe this is true of most characters in comics and itīs also my case, itīs not particular of magnetoīs character.



    Lol of course not but I am showing whatīs actually in the comics you may think thatīs whitewashing, thatīs your prerrogative, but thatīs part of the character story.



    Magneto had two trials, he has been personally punished for his actions by stabbing and erasing of his mind, has died a lot of times as a result of them, thatīs how justice works in comics and still his story of teaming up with the X-men and being loyal to them, loving his human wife and child and protecting humanity is also true and part of the character story, not for a little while or one story, but for at least 20 years in real world time. Itīs your choice to prefer to think of him as "just a monster" or "just a villain" there are even some Magneto fans that like him more as a villain because they meet him that way and think heīs more interesting or cool when heīs like that , those are fair takes on the character but the rest of his story is also a fact that has been shown on the comics for years.
    Also, we forget that part of the reason Magneto was so unstable on Avalon is because he found out Moira messed with his head, this is canon and happened at the time! He couldn't trust that anything he was doing was his own choice or Moira's programming and it made him paranoid and may have had him have a mental breakdown! They even showed that during the Avalon storyline, Magneto was unstable and it was so bad that Xavier did the only thing he could think of to stop him, Xavier wiped Magneto's mind!

    Even after Magneto recovered several years later, he was on and off in conflict with the X-Men! During Avengers Disassembled Magneto was so worried about Wanda that he whisked her away to Xavier and this is where it was 100% confirmed that Magneto was not responsible for what happened in New York because he was actually laying low at the time trying to figure himself out after getting his mind back! New York was a result of Xorn being angry at Magneto for not rising up to lead mutants, so he stole Magneto's name!

    So Magneto rescued Wanda from the judgement of the Avengers and took her to Xavier in the hopes that Charles could somehow help Wanda recover mentally! But when Quicksilver found out that Wanda and Magneto had been tracked to the ruins of Genosha he rushed to his sister and convinced her to create the House of M! After the world reset, Magneto lost his temper with Pietro and was angry at him for using a very unstable Wanda to change reality when Wanda was so mentally unstable so he struck Pietro down! Wanda was unstable and saw her brother die so she punished her father by doing "no More Mutants"!

    Magneto went on a long journey to get his powers back with the help of the High Evolutionary! Finally his journey brought him to Utopia and he decided to support Scott's leadership! Magneto has been helping the X-Men ever since!

    Even when he decided to become a "villain" again, it was because he saw the future, he was going to draw the human hate onto himself and free as many mutants as possible from the human governments imprisoning, experimenting on, and killing mutants! Magneto attacked several mutant detention centres that the US Government had built and freed all of the illegally imprisoned mutants and killed the O.N.E. agents that were killing and experimenting on mutants!

    Magneto came at Jean's request to help in X-Men Disassembled to fight X-Man and Legion! That is why Magneto was also pulled into the Age of X-Man because he was standing with Jean during the event!

    When they all returned, Magneto stood with the other heroes after helping Scott defeat the O.N.E. forces and freeing all of the imprisoned mutants! Obviously Moira and Charles reach out to him soon after this to try again with a unified front, and so the three of them layed down the plan to help the mutants flee the world wide genocide to Krakoa!

    So yeah, Magneto has been a villain a few times, but he is also a passionate freedom fighter for mutant rights in the face of continuous human attempts at genocide! He allies with the X-Men multiple times, and he has even helped save the world several times! He uses morally questionable tactics, he is an arrogant prick, and kind of a narcissist sometimes, but he genuinely wants to help his fellow mutants, and he is willing to set aside his vendetta against human racism by trying to do things a bit more peacefully as Charles wants!

    This is the novel of Magneto's life, a story that took several years to right, has setbacks and progress for his character, but there is also growth, and a growing development of understanding with all of the X-Men! He has also realized how badly he messed up with Pietro and Wanda, to the point that Wanda erased their relationship from reality! They even showed how haunted he was by this in the Age of X-Man when he and Storm were both remembering the old universe! Magneto was having dreams of Pietro and Wanda and kept scratching at the surface of the Age of X-Man reality! Now that Magneto is back in the normal reality he is working harder to work with Charles and follow Charles' lead! Magneto is also trying really hard to repair his relationship with Lorna and to fully acknowledge that he needs Lorna in his life!

    Magneto is a flawed man, and he makes terrible mistakes, but at the same time when times are tough he often rises above his own faults to be a hero for both mutants and humans!
    Last edited by RachelGrey; 07-31-2020 at 07:23 AM.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

  9. #489
    Mighty Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Also, we forget that part of the reason Magneto was so unstable on Avalon is because he found out Moira messed with his head, this is canon and happened at the time! He couldn't trust that anything he was doing was his own choice or Moira's programming and it made him paranoid and may have had him have a mental breakdown! They even showed that during the Avalon storyline, Magneto was unstable and it was so bad that Xavier did the only thing he could think of to stop him, Xavier wiped Magneto's mind!

    Even after Magneto recovered several years later, he was on and off in conflict with the X-Men! During Avengers Disassembled Magneto was so worried about Wanda that he whisked her away to Xavier and this is where it was 100% confirmed that Magneto was not responsible for what happened in New York because he was actually laying low at the time trying to figure himself out after getting his mind back! New York was a result of Xorn being angry at Magneto for not rising up to lead mutants, so he stole Magneto's name!

    So Magneto rescued Wanda from the judgement of the Avengers and took her to Xavier in the hopes that Charles could somehow help Wanda recover mentally! But when Quicksilver found out that Wanda and Magneto had been tracked to the ruins of Genosha he rushed to his sister and convinced her to create the House of M! After the world reset, Magneto lost his temper with Pietro and was angry at him for using a very unstable Wanda to change reality when Wanda was so mentally unstable so he struck Pietro down! Wanda was unstable and saw her brother die so she punished her father by doing "no More Mutants"!

    Magneto went on a long journey to get his powers back with the help of the High Evolutionary! Finally his journey brought him to Utopia and he decided to support Scott's leadership! Magneto has been helping the X-Men ever since!

    Even when he decided to become a "villain" again, it was because he saw the future, he was going to draw the human hate onto himself and free as many mutants as possible from the human governments imprisoning, experimenting on, and killing mutants! Magneto attacked several mutant detention centres that the US Government had built and freed all of the illegally imprisoned mutants and killed the O.N.E. agents that were killing and experimenting on mutants!

    Magneto came at Jean's request to help in X-Men Disassembled to fight X-Man and Legion! That is why Magneto was also pulled into the Age of X-Man because he was standing with Jean during the event!

    When they all returned, Magneto stood with the other heroes after helping Scott defeat the O.N.E. forces and freeing all of the imprisoned mutants! Obviously Moira and Charles reach out to him soon after this to try again with a unified front, and so the three of them layed down the plan to help the mutants flee the world wide genocide to Krakoa!

    So yeah, Magneto has been a villain a few times, but he is also a passionate freedom fighter for mutant rights in the face of continuous human attempts at genocide! He allies with the X-Men multiple times, and he has even helped save the world several times! He uses morally questionable tactics, he is an arrogant prick, and kind of a narcissist sometimes, but he genuinely wants to help his fellow mutants, and he is willing to set aside his vendetta against human racism by trying to do things a bit more peacefully as Charles wants!

    This is the novel of Magneto's life, a story that took several years to right, has setbacks and progress for his character, but there is also growth, and a growing development of understanding with all of the X-Men! He has also realized how badly he messed up with Pietro and Wanda, to the point that Wanda erased their relationship from reality! They even showed how haunted he was by this in the Age of X-Man when he and Storm were both remembering the old universe! Magneto was having dreams of Pietro and Wanda and kept scratching at the surface of the Age of X-Man reality! Now that Magneto is back in the normal reality he is working harder to work with Charles and follow Charles' lead! Magneto is also trying really hard to repair his relationship with Lorna and to fully acknowledge that he needs Lorna in his life!

    Magneto is a flawed man, and he makes terrible mistakes, but at the same time when times are tough he often rises above his own faults to be a hero for both mutants and humans!
    Awesome answer I completely agree with all this

    Steel inquisitor: you see Magneto as a monster and a villain but you also enjoy his relationship with Wanda even if just as a villain in her story that is ok, itīs your take on the character but I am a Magneto fan, I have been reading his story for years, I donīt see him the same way you do and I agree with Rachel Grey heīs a flawed man full of hurt with villanous acts but also really heroic acts on his story, a dragon and a hero, a human and a mutant who is still changing and developing, thatīs what I have gotten from his story so to each their own
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-31-2020 at 04:15 PM.
    "The time for subtlety is passing. Now is the time for change." [New Mutants (Vol. 1) #38]

  10. #490
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That's propaganda, Krakoa is far less multicultural and if you're not a human Krakoa may as well be in the Fox movie universe since they erase anyone who isn't human from being in the conversation. There are no humans in Excalibur supporting cast and they spent time in the UK and Otherworld. Classic Excalibur was the most diverse teams in the X-men, not they're just a regular old pseudo "X-men" team.
    Out of all the "inconsistencies" this is the biggest and BOLDEST....lol

    yall see the diversity??

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    There should be hundreds or thousands of people coming in from all over the world, and tourism as an industry is non-existent. Krakoa's laws about visas is unaddressed, as that requires a sophisticated bureaucracy which Krakao lacks.
    Yes because bureaucracy is one of the cornerstones of civilization, and countries are so much more nicer, and better in the long run, when they let just anyone and everyone on their lands

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    His time as headmaster was over long before the storylines I mentioned, and didn't stop him from murdering X-men or going to war with humanity from genosha. I'm using canon, not my "interpretation."
    your "interpretation" goes against what the interpretation of an overwhelming majority of fans, and lets face it. canon
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    How he is a father has nothing to do with how he is as a grandfather, really? lol I know who Luna is. He was kind to this one human which he felt a family bond with, but anyone else at the United Nations had it coming? No.
    Do you not understand why kids think their grandparents are nicer than their parents....Oy Vey!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    .The nazis are what drove him to turn on humanity, he's the morality tale of a mutant who became the monster he as fighting against. Magneto is a complex and very human character, nothing I've said disputes this. He can have contradictory values and still be a monster. He's a man with a history of terrorism that's killed thousands, minimum, and globally and nationally attacked countries and militaries, I think you're not seeing how badly he'd be hated or feared in Marvel or the real world. Even humans who support X-men and mutants are scared to death of Magneto. He's more than earned it.
    Actually it was the death of his daughter that killed his hope for humanity to tolerate mutants.
    Youve literally described almost every country int he world...lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Why isn't he doing this anymore? Wakanda's supposed to be one of the friendlier countries with Krakao.
    lol based on what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Magneto is too inconsistent for me to consider him as an unique character: I like him written by some authors and dislike him by others.
    Yeah his whole anti-hero vibe is too new
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The whitewashing of Magneto is inexcusable, you'd think it was the X-men who were the villains in their own comic book. As long as the humans and mutants Magneto's responsible for killing is done off-panel they don't matter, they aren't even credited as victims of his terrorist acts.
    Lol soooo you want a vigil for everyone unseen, unpublished, unthought about victim of a Mutants crime, but refuse to acknowledge the fact The Pretender killed on a multi universal level. lol smdh
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    He joined and subverted the Hellfire Club in Claremont's run and is a actions lead to the New Mutants going to war with him. His redemption story was far more grey than how you're describing it.
    Isn't The Hellfire Club for villains, intent on doing villainous things? subverting would be good....lol.


    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I know he was tried by the United nations but what was his other trial? Those actions aren't by super-heroes, not the courts, he may be "punished" but he hasn't shown much remorse for his actions and he constantly goes back to square one too quickly. Considering his actions which have been on the global scale he got off light with that, he's killed untold numbers of people just from "The Magneto War."
    lol soooo One trial isn't enough? Because Marvel comics has so many of its heroes pay tit-for-tat for that actions? If you're advocating for Heroes judged by the deaths they caused, start with the top. Let's see the Pretender stand in the same room with someone listing the deaths she's caused and the world comes to her defense
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This also goes into his legacy, as a villain he's founded more than one terrorist group which can bring the world to its knees. He has various active followers who hinge on his word, and have followed him terrorising people, causing destruction on a global scale and have their own super-villain careers - like Exodus. Xavier is the defining influence of the X-men and their affiliates, Magneto is the same for those groups. Many of which haven't been bought to justice.
    Anyone with any credible ounce of Fandom for the X-men knows Magneto hasn't been a serious Villain in years....Jeez
    GrindrStone(D)

  11. #491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Except who's giving out invitations? There should be hundreds or thousands of people coming in from all over the world...
    Hard disagree. Not until those perpetrating crimes against children are stomped into oblivion.



    Their focus right now is getting mutant babies safely home. Tourism can come later.

    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  12. #492
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Hard disagree. Not until those perpetrating crimes against children are stomped into oblivion.



    Their focus right now is getting mutant babies safely home. Tourism can come later.

    Its like settlin on a newly discovered planet, or land and the first order of business is to set up an orthodontic practice
    GrindrStone(D)

  13. #493
    Spectacular Member The92Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    191

    Default

    I just love how this fight goes between fans of the two teams and they do not realize that this was the whole intend of Marvel. Open a hole between the two fanbases. I almost give me that vibe... "is it moral to argue like that?".

    You see what I did there. Guys this whole fight is pointless, I will tell you how things are:

    All three of them were absolutely right, and all three of them were absolutely wrong at the same time.

    I do agree with other posts, however, like Xavier could have spoken with Reed about that, and Reed would have agreed if Xavier explained it to him, and then they could do all that, erasing his memory of this device and Magneto destroying the only replica. Pretty much the same thing which happened with Forge's assistant who had detailed memory. He was informed of the facts and was asked if he understands why his mind must be wiped off of that information and he confirmed and agreed. This is exactly what should have happened here as well.

    I blame this on bad writing and in the meantime, absolutely astonishing writing because the original intent was achieved by the writer and the company!

  14. #494
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I just love how this fight goes between fans of the two teams and they do not realize that this was the whole intend of Marvel. Open a hole between the two fanbases. I almost give me that vibe... "is it moral to argue like that?".

    You see what I did there. Guys this whole fight is pointless, I will tell you how things are:

    All three of them were absolutely right, and all three of them were absolutely wrong at the same time.

    I do agree with other posts, however, like Xavier could have spoken with Reed about that, and Reed would have agreed if Xavier explained it to him, and then they could do all that, erasing his memory of this device and Magneto destroying the only replica. Pretty much the same thing which happened with Forge's assistant who had detailed memory. He was informed of the facts and was asked if he understands why his mind must be wiped off of that information and he confirmed and agreed. This is exactly what should have happened here as well.

    I blame this on bad writing and in the meantime, absolutely astonishing writing because the original intent was achieved by the writer and the company!
    I have to say that yes it's pointless because there will never be an agreement. And some days without discussing this stuff here have cleared my skin and detoxed my body so maybe it's also turned into a toxic convo at this point. But I digress.

    The tourism thing being used against Krakoa is still hilarious.

  15. #495
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Out of all the "inconsistencies" this is the biggest and BOLDEST....lol

    yall see the diversity??
    Tell me, how many of those are mutants? Diversity in Marvel is more than skin color.

    Yes because bureaucracy is one of the cornerstones of civilization, and countries are so much more nicer, and better in the long run, when they let just anyone and everyone on their lands
    Krakoa has bureaucracy, it's just has so many holes in it. No-one is saying let everyone in, or do you think mutants are too stupid to create their own system to check people? It's incredibly easy.

    your "interpretation" goes against what the interpretation of an overwhelming majority of fans, and lets face it. canon
    You don't speak for the majority of the fans and no, you're not talking about canon.

    [quote]Do you not understand why kids think their grandparents are nicer than their parents....Oy Vey![/quote

    So Magneto won't force her to awkwardly dance for him., Good to know. Yes, I know about that, it explains nothing.



    Actually it was the death of his daughter that killed his hope for humanity to tolerate mutants.
    Youve literally described almost every country int he world...lol
    Magneto didn't have much to begin with, he came into his own as a mutant in the Holocaust. The fact your argument suggest every human is responsible for what mutants go through shows how easily it was for Magneto become the monster he became.

    lol based on what?
    Based on how the two countries relate to each other in diplomatic affairs. Wakanda should be an easier state to form a partnership with, like I said Magneto and T'Challa have a relationship and Storm is there. Read more titles than X-men.

    Yeah his whole anti-hero vibe is too new
    Magneto was an anti-hero when he had a his solo title in 2014.

    Lol soooo you want a vigil for everyone unseen, unpublished, unthought about victim of a Mutants crime, but refuse to acknowledge the fact The Pretender killed on a multi universal level. lol smdh
    Stop making straw men.

    Isn't The Hellfire Club for villains, intent on doing villainous things? subverting would be good....lol.
    He wanted to use them and the Hellfire Club to conquer the world. New Mutants #75.

    lol soooo One trial isn't enough? Because Marvel comics has so many of its heroes pay tit-for-tat for that actions? If you're advocating for Heroes judged by the deaths they caused, start with the top. Let's see the Pretender stand in the same room with someone listing the deaths she's caused and the world comes to her defense
    Anyone with any credible ounce of Fandom for the X-men knows Magneto hasn't been a serious Villain in years....Jeez
    When someone commits more than one crime more trials need to be made. Magneto's not a hero. Sure, put them all on trial. Everyone knows he tried to become a villain again in the distant past of 2018.

    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 07-31-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •