Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    It’s understandable though that the F4 would be wary of Magneto and Xavier together after Onslaught. I think just Kitty and Ororo should have been the ones to visit. Especially when Erik started talking about power.

All in all, this mini just didn’t fulfill its expectations. I’m suspecting Slott’s ideas for the rest of his run hampered it.
    I don’t know why they have Magneto go on any diplomatic meetings at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    He gave a good reasoning, turning 18 then he is free to choose. 2 years.
    A teenager isn’t property.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Because he has SO MUCH drip with that white suit and they need to give him opportunity to show it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Because he has SO MUCH drip with that white suit and they need to give him opportunity to show it.
    That is true. It’s perhaps one of the most visually stunning designs around atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Xavier brought up the Illuminati specifically to remind Reed of the fact that he would do, and has in fact done, what Xavier does to him, were he placed in a similar situation.

So Reed's not the victim here. He's just paying the consequence for his actions. Xavier is checking Reed the same way Destiny checked Moira in her past life...and considering what Destiny did to Moira, Reed got off very lightly.
    Oh I'm not on the Reed is a victim camp. I'm very much in favor of punishing flatscans by any means necessary. I was just trying to find the reasoning behind Xavier's actions. I would've accepted any reason on his part.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think it's quite clear why Xavier did it.

From Moira's previous lives, he saw what Destiny did to Moira about her "mutant cure" thing, and he saw from the one with the Librarian, about the coming of homo novissima being a threat to mutantkind.

Zdarsky's run is very much based on his reading of HoX/PoX, so the final issue alludes to the scene with the Librarian (the conversation between Doom and Valeria about evolution and intelligence) and Xavier and Magneto shaking down Reed is very much a parallel to Destiny and Mystique having a serious conversation with Moira.

Will Xavier's actions have consequences? Probably. I mean him lying to Mystique about resurrecting Destiny is having consequences. So perhaps it will.

But for the time being, the miniseries closes and the X-Men score a win, so now is the happy period.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/v.comb.io/L...?1560886600824
    Hahaha works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Because X-Men #4 was the best book.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    A teenager isn’t property.
    A minor unemancipated child is the parents' responsibility and parental consent forms are frequently required for certain activities. It can be for medical treatment, tattoos, school activities, etc. If you are a "teacher" you should know this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    A minor unemancipated child is the parents' responsibility and parental consent forms are frequently required for certain activities. It can be for medical treatment, tattoos, school activities, etc. If you are a "teacher" you should know this.
    Let's not even get into who gets hammered by the courts if your kid skips too much school...or other illegal shenanigans.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Let's not even get into who gets hammered by the courts if your kid skips too much school...or other illegal shenanigans.
    Exactly...if your minor child causes property damage for example , you as a parent are going to get dragged into court. Happened to my Dad on a very minor incident with my little brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I said it once and I’ll say it again: a teenager is not property.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Oh I'm not on the Reed is a victim camp. I'm very much in favor of punishing flatscans by any means necessary. I was just trying to find the reasoning behind Xavier's actions. I would've accepted any reason on his part.
    Well aren't you a ray of sunshine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I said it once and I’ll say it again: a teenager is not property.
    But they are the legal responsibility of their parents. That is why most of us had rules growing up...and if we broke them there were consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    But they are the legal responsibility of their parents. That is why most of us had rules growing up...and if we broke them there were consequences.
    But your teen years are filled conflicting emotions/confusing feelings, with fleeting moments of clarity, of hard lessons learned, and those keystone moments mostly happen when youre out on your own, making your own decisions, without the hovering of a parent or guardian. If Sue had her way...
    Franklin is gonna be like those college Freshmen who (thinking for themselves for the first time) cant navigate the social scenes, and over indulge in drinking or drugs....
    tsk tsk tsk
    GrindrStone(D)

Why are people talking like they didn't learn that they were being overprotective and let him go to Krakoa?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    But your teen years are filled conflicting emotions/confusing feelings, with fleeting moments of clarity, of hard lessons learned, and those keystone moments mostly happen when youre out on your own, making your own decisions, without the hovering of a parent or guardian. If Sue had her way...
    Franklin is gonna be like those college Freshmen who (thinking for themselves for the first time) cant navigate the social scenes, and over indulge in drinking or drugs....
    tsk tsk tsk
    Yes, because everyone in the new mutant nation has been practicing nothing but self control and it's totally not depicted as a 24/7 party?