Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    You'll find that a lot of technical progress is a byproduct of humans trying to wipe out the other side.

By this logic, we should blot out all mutants capable of causing apocalyptic wastelands like Apocalypse, assorted reality warpers on the level of Matt Malloy and Marquis of Death, and every possible Phoenix host.
    The only problem with that stance is that you're basing such an action due to what may or may not happen. My suggestion was based on the things said scientists have already done (Civil War I, Secret Invasion, Illuminati, Siege, AvX, Doomwar, Armor Wars, Secret Empire, Age of Ultron, etc.) thanks to their direct actions or by their influence.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    If you are designing a machine and it occurs to you that it could potentially be used for a genocide, then you do not make the machine.
    Except any machine can be weaponised, including ones made by mutants. Mutant power dampener? Built by Magneto. A machine which a shield the x-gene from being detected would be invaluable to the mutants and yet Krakoa wants to bury it. Why?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    We know what Xavier said to Emma applies in this situation as well. Exerting your will over another person holds consequences for the both the victim and perpetrator. I just hope they don't go down the Onslaught route as he is a trash villain
    Xavier's been ok with this from the early days of Krakoa. He supported Emma using her powers to change United Nations votes to recognise Krakoa. This Xavier not being a rogue fragment would be an exception, Onslaught wasn't the first time that occured.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    The only problem with that stance is that you're basing such an action due to what may or may not happen. My suggestion was based on the things said scientists have already done (Civil War I, Secret Invasion, Illuminati, Siege, AvX, Doomwar, Armor Wars, Secret Empire, Age of Ultron, etc.) thanks to their direct actions or by their influence.
    Hi guys! First time posting on this forum. ......Uhh Wild Fang X. You do realize Apocalypse has historically already committed mass genocide by this point in time right? Also wasn't Cassandra Nova the one who sent all the Sentinels to slaughter all the mutants on Genosha? Lot of of arguments on this forum sound like the arguments blaming violence on video games. Taking a weapon out of somebodies hand isn't going to stop some one determined to kill.

On another note isn't all technology eventually turned into a weapon or vice versa? If you've actually been reading these comics mutants have already pretty much failed to be anything more then the humans they really are. Furthermore why is it wrong to make a weapon designed to target just mutants when mutants have a defense against pretty much all other forms of attack. In fact they are so absurdly over powered now it boarders on......well I would say it boarders but heck it basically is deus ex machina nowadays.

Spectacular Member

reed is 100% going to turn to doom/valeria to restore his mind and it's going to blow up in the mutants' faces because of xavier/magneto

BANNED

I wonder. Does Reed even have reason to believe now that what Xavier said about his device was true? He deleted his memory, and he'd never know outside of what he could perceive to be a suggestion.

BANNED

Hot Damn! I just started reading this issue and I am totally digging Sue Storm flying like Jean Grey But, what did Kitty do to Franklin?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-22-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    We know what Xavier said to Emma applies in this situation as well. Exerting your will over another person holds consequences for the both the victim and perpetrator. I just hope they don't go down the Onslaught route as he is a trash villain
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Xavier's been ok with this from the early days of Krakoa. He supported Emma using her powers to change United Nations votes to recognise Krakoa. This Xavier not being a rogue fragment would be an exception, Onslaught wasn't the first time that occured.
    Xavier has been doing it since early in the X-Men's publication history. IIRC he wiped several minds. And the Phoenix in Jean's body did the same to Kitty's parents when she was first introduced. It was sort of a default for him...'hey..this guy knows info about the X-Men and where we live...welp...gotta wipe him...'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Xavier has been doing it since early in the X-Men's publication history. IIRC he wiped several minds. And the Phoenix in Jean's body did the same to Kitty's parents when she was first introduced. It was sort of a default for him...'hey..this guy knows info about the X-Men and where we live...welp...gotta wipe him...'
    Dude ya. Xavier wiped blob's mind, and Reed hypnotized skrulls to become cows (who later gave rise to the skrull kill krew)
    Everyone in that interaction has been a major dickbag at one point or another.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Context, what he did was questionable and he did it rarely, this Xavier laughs about it (like with Emma) and probes people in nearly every conversation. He did that to Phoenix to make sure she didn't harm people since she was a time bomb I can't remember why he did that to Kitty's parents but that's not the same thing. He didn't mind wipe Kitty's parents because he thought they were going to destroy the universe. And the mindwiping for this Xavier is just this Xavier's regular behaviour because doing controversial things like getting Shaw to work under the table for cartels and letting Apocalypse off for abusing his own students is the new "normal" to him. This is the tip of the iceberg where it comes to this Xavier, add it to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    The only problem with that stance is that you're basing such an action due to what may or may not happen.
    Isn't this exactly what Charles and Eric just did to Reed?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Context, what he did was questionable and he did it rarely, this Xavier laughs about it (like with Emma) and probes people in nearly every conversation. He did that to Phoenix to make sure she didn't harm people since she was a time bomb I can't remember why he did that to Kitty's parents but that's not the same thing. He didn't mind wipe Kitty's parents because he thought they were going to destroy the universe. And the mindwiping for this Xavier is just this Xavier's regular behaviour because doing controversial things like getting Shaw to work under the table for cartels and letting Apocalypse off for abusing his own students is the new "normal" to him. This is the tip of the iceberg where it comes to this Xavier, add it to the list.
    You know how they mentioned being able to clone/resurrect themselves with somebody else's powers. I've been thinking for a while now that Moira might have figured out how to put her own consciousness in Xavier's mind without people recognizing it. Basically his mind is there so it deceives telepaths but shes in the pilot seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Beautifully done though right here.

I love this.

Reed and Doom got checked in this issue lol!
    And rightfully so.
    What separates Xavier from a old-fashioned villain here?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Looks like a leader with the safety of the children of his country in mind to me.

Reed Richards would never do something irresponsible in his inventions.

It is not as if he has transformed his best friend into stone, cloned a God for use in a civil war, caused the invasion of some Mad Celestials on Earth ...