Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    this is a trash mini that will not be referred to ever again outside of reference to why franklin is in krakoa
    I mean, there’s the huge smoking gun of Reed being made to forgot an invention, but remembering that it happened.

The design of the recap and intro pages was really great in this mini, some of the best we've seen.

Fantastic Member

The mini-series was about 8/10.
    Last edited by Marvelman; 07-22-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It was not the epic adventure I expected but it had its moments.

It's funny how Moira's prophecy seems to take shape no matter how much they try to change the future. The conversation between Valeria and Doom shows how mutants, humans, machines and evolution seem to share some kind of antagonistic connection but dependent on the other's efforts. Basically the more one side tries to grow the more the other seems to struggle to keep up. It is as if the future or something is really trying to keep the future that Moira saw in their lives happening no matter how much she tries to prevent it.
    I have the suspicion that this Xavier and Magneto's plan might not be to prevent the creation of post-humans from happening, but instead to make mutants become them first. Combine the best powers of all mutants into one uniform form of super human and beat the normals at the race towards such "perfection" or even the chance to join a Dominion.

Using peace and Krakoan products to buy time, the same way Sentinels were said to have bought time for the normal humans to gain the technology to become post humans.

After all we don't know what their endgame plan is, since we never gain insight into their thoughts, while there is the implication that they seem to go against what ever Moira is planning. Giving the impression they might not have learned the lesson from her experiences she would have wanted them to.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-22-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    I mean, there’s the huge smoking gun of Reed being made to forgot an invention, but remembering that it happened.
    I think it would be great if Xavier's and Magneto's actions against Reed lead to Franklin wanting nothing to do with Krakoa. And brief flash of maturity about his father's tech to protect mutants and if needed strip an extremely dangerous mutant <cough>Matthew Malloy<cough> of their powers in case they are a danger to reality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    if they're just building this up to some giant avx **** then im out

the other option is that xavier ends up needing that very invention to cloak mutants from a new type of unforseen sentinel or sentinel like thing, like an organic, or magical one and only reeds device could save mutants from it, but reed can't ever make it again, so another genocide happens.
    which im also not into at all?

Coopting the technology would've been the smartest move here. Maybe asking reed to put in safeties and specific mindblocks instead of outright erasure (which he would out of his conscience agree to). But noooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I have the suspicion that this Xavier and Magneto's plan might not be to prevent the creation of post-humans from happening, but instead to make mutants become them first. Combine the best powers of all mutants into one uniform form of super human and beat the normals at the race towards such "perfection" or even the chance to join a Dominion.

Using peace and Krakoan products to buy time, the same way Sentinels were said to have bought time for the normal humans to gain the technology to become post humans.

After all we don't know what their endgame plan is, since we never gain insight into their thoughts, while there is the implication that they seem to go against what ever Moira is planning. Giving the impression they might not have learned the lesson from her experiences she would have wanted them to.
    this is basically what I said earlier in the thread. A race to the singularity.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 07-22-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    I believe that Reed, Xavier and Magneto are wrong. Franklin is destined to be more than a mutant if you know what i mean
    You mean he's going to marry Kitty?

Extraordinary Member

I will say this...when Kitty comes back it would be nice to see her increase her density.

Mighty Member

If anything Xavier and Magneto just gave Reed more of an incentive to develop more anti mutant devices, and I think having someone like Reed as an enemy is the last thing they want. His vast intelligence directed against mutants is not a good thing. Their actions can comeback to bite them and all mutants hard. And that's not even counting whatever Doom may do, in the grand scheme of things Krakoa won nothing here.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    If anything Xavier and Magneto just gave Reed more of an incentive to develop more anti mutant devices, and I think having someone like Reed as an enemy is the last thing they want. His vast intelligence directed against mutants is not a good thing. Their actions can comeback to bite them and all mutants hard. And that's not even counting whatever Doom may do, in the grand scheme of things Krakoa won nothing here.
    If he starts making more antimutant tech, he deserves to be put down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    If you are designing a machine and it occurs to you that it could potentially be used for a genocide, then you do not make the machine.
    You mean like the Fat Man and Little Boy atomic bombs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If he starts making more antimutant tech, he deserves to be put down.
    Every time the planet gets taken over by machines/Earth gets invaded by vengeful aliens (World War Hulk, anybody), it's usually due to the irresponsibility from Richards/Stark/Pym/etc. Real talk, Richards/Stark/Pym/Doom/T'Challa/etc. need to be taken out for the good of the Earth and all the advanced lifeforms (sans flatscans) that inhabit it.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    You mean like the Fat Man and Little Boy atomic bombs?
    Nuclear power would be the apter comparison. And Eintstein's role in it. He felt that Germany might develop it since harnessing nuclear energy for bombs is an entirely logical connection, and sent letters written by szilard to USA to develop it first... of course, until he realized germany never made it and USA ended up using it on hiroshima and nagasaki and was horrified and regretted sending that letter in the first place

edit: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein–Szilárd_letter

wiki article
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 07-22-2020 at 05:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Every time the planet gets taken over by machines/Earth gets invaded by vengeful aliens (World War Hulk, anybody), it's usually due to the irresponsibility from Richards/Stark/Pym/etc. Real talk, Richards/Stark/Pym/Doom/T'Challa/etc. need to be taken out for the good of the Earth and all the advanced lifeforms (sans flatscans) that inhabit it.
    And, which is to blame for the Kree and the Skrulls gathering their forces to attack Earth this time?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    If you are designing a machine and it occurs to you that it could potentially be used for a genocide, then you do not make the machine.
    You'll find that a lot of technical progress is a byproduct of humans trying to wipe out the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    By this logic, we should blot out all mutants capable of causing apocalyptic wastelands like Apocalypse, assorted reality warpers on the level of Matt Malloy and Marquis of Death, and every possible Phoenix host.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 07-22-2020 at 06:01 PM.