Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Xavier starts with “we would have given our medications to you for free but now we won’t”

He moves on to “I would have wiped your mind, Reed, of even remembering what I did, but now I won’t”

I wonder how far he is from “we were willing to share the planet with to, but now we won’t”?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    And what if? What if? But also what if?? Did you ever think about what if???
    Your whole argument for Xavier mind wiping Reed being a reasonable thing is based on a what if
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Your whole argument for Xavier mind wiping Reed being a reasonable thing is based on a what if
    No it’s based on Reed always inventing a piece of technology that screws someone over. This isn’t the first and it probably won’t be the last time something Reed does causes irreversible damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would, were I a mutant, feel like it's now a bit more urgent to find something other than Reed's unstable molecules, to make mutant powers-resistant clothing out of. Being dependent on Reed's tech, and having zero idea what sort of stuff he's got to mess with it (turning your own costume into a rigid entangling straight-jacket!), even if it's just the ability to track it anywhere and always know where you are, seems like a risk to take, after alienating the man.
    They don’t use unstable molecules.....

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    I wonder how far he is from “we were willing to share the planet with to, but now we won’t”?
    Hopefully about 3, 4 issues.
    The less humans in the x-books the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Haven't read this dumpster fire, but I can't help but feeling like this was an "L" for mutants.

From the context clues, it definitely sounds like Reed deserved comeuppance and the moment pictured here is pretty badass.
    However, alienating the world's smartest man, who is also a friend and long-time compatriot, is a terrible strategic move in the long run.
    Knowing all the different flavors of doomsday mutants face, I would think Charles would want keep Reed as an ally for their time of need.

"Erase every bit of the work you've done on the X-gene so far and never share it with anyone, unless you have express permission from the Council of Krakoa.
    If you want to work on this, or any other project that directly impacts mutants, you must seek the approval of the Council and abide by its decision."

I feel something like this would've been far more acceptable.
    Conversing with Reed until he arrived at this conclusion, rather than forcing it on him, would be the ideal.
    But, it's Reed. He has a history of putting science before people.

Everyone sucks here, but, at the end of the day, it seems like the mutant nation absolutely fumbled this entire affair.
    Well, we'll probably find out whether or not this will come back and haunt them when Krakoa and Latveria go to war with one another and Doom starts winning with the data he got from Franklin powers.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 07-27-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    Hopefully about 3, 4 issues.
    The less humans in the x-books the better.
    Mutants are technically humans, this is a major reason the Sentinels turn on humanity itself - it's semantics.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Mutants are technically humans, this is a major reason the Sentinels turn on humanity itself - it's semantics.
    I don't think the vast majority of the X-fan base cares for that particular technicality much if at all...even if it is true.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I don't think the vast majority of the X-fan base cares for that particular technicality much if at all...even if it is true.
    Ok.

Humans + X-gene = Mutants
    Humans + (0) = Humans

But if we're going to play word police, what would you prefer we call humans without the X-gene?
    Flatscans?
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Astonishing Member

Ok.

Humans + (0) = Humans
    Mutants are a subspecies of humans, they're not a completely seperate race.

But if we're going to play word police, what would you prefer we call humans without the X-gene?
    Flatscans?
    I bought it up because the argument was that mutants should abandon humanity completely, when they never could. They'd bring their own humanity with them.

Why is this relevant to X-men? The message is that mutants and humans are the same, both sides don't need to hate each other over what's in their genes.

Flatscan is a slur.

Edit:

Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 07-27-2020 at 11:06 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Ok.

Humans + (0) = Humans

Flatscans?
    They're still humans and if mutants were a real thing they genetically could be considered a sub-species of humans They would not be considered a species on their own. Then only mutant parents could produce mutant children. All of them descend from "normal" humans. Many mutants have "normal" parents. The O5 sure did . And mutants can have "Normal" children. Luna is an unusual case....she is a "normal" human with an Inhuman mother and mutant father. By definition, "different species are simply different animals. They are distinct kinds of organisms that can’t interbreed. Even if they do manage to create offspring, the offspring are typically sterile" Consider the case of Reed and Sue and you have two humans who aren't mutants but have powers via outside stimulus (cosmic rays). But one of their offspring is a mutant (Franklin) and one isn't (Valeria). It's just like you can't mate a dog and a cat and have it result in offspring. They are different species. And in the reverse, two dogs cannot produce a cat. But two humans have produced mutants....happens quite often in comics.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-27-2020 at 11:07 PM.

The mutant/human thing is akin to the west creating the term race to categorize people of colour. To separate them from white people, race is a social construct created to divide and subjugate. That's why it's called "race" even though everyone is human. It's the same with the term mutant. They are human, but humans wanted to separate them as much as possible as it's easier to convince people to go against the "other". All mutants have done is embrace what has been put on them by the majority. With the new direction and mutants no longer playing around they have gone even further with that, which makes sense.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mutants are a subspecies of humans, they're not a completely seperate race.

I bought it up because the argument was that mutants should abandon humanity completely, when they never could. They'd bring their own humanity with them.

Why is this relevant to X-men? The message is that mutants and humans are the same, both sides don't need to hate each other over what's in their genes.

Flatscan is a slurr.
    Agree totally with that and very hypocritical coming from these allegedly enlightened mutants . I've seen some X-boarders using that against other posters as if they are mutants and we "non-believers" like you and I are "flatscans". Kind of crazy if you ask me.

Ok.

Humans + (0) = Humans

Flatscans?
    You should call them both humans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Agree totally with that and very hypocritical coming from these allegedly enlightened mutants . I've seen some X-boarders using that against other posters as if they are mutants and we "non-believers" like you and I are "flatscans". Kind of crazy if you ask me.
    Agree on that. When a fandom gets too invested like that, it's never good. This is the real world, not a Marvel comic book. What they don't realise if that even if Krakoa was real they'd be in the mutants cults, not sipping tea with Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The mutant/human thing is akin to the west creating the term race to categorize people of colour. To separate them from white people, race is a social construct created to divide and subjugate. That's why it's called "race" even though everyone is human. It's the same with the term mutant. They are human, but humans wanted to separate them as much as possible as it's easier to convince people to go against the "other". All mutants have done is embrace what has been put on them by the majority. With the new direction and mutants no longer playing around they have gone even further with that, which makes sense.
    Comics have always been about freedom and recognizing all the potentialities.
    “Embracing what has been put on them by the majority” is accepting to stay in a corner and be defined by the others.
    It doesn’t have any pleasant application in our world.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe