Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I'd give it a 2/10, A for effort but the theme is disrupted by the separate contexts so it loses its punch.
    You're more generous than me considering it was a response to this post. It makes no sense not to be specific about the noun being used in any reply. But let the little cheerleader squaddies have their fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Ok.

Humans + X-gene = Mutants
    Humans + (0) = Humans

But if we're going to play word police, what would you prefer we call humans without the X-gene?
    Flatscans?
    Just using your equation, strider.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-28-2020 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    As whatever you say about Magneto, you can always find a scan that supports the allegation and another one that denies it, it can go on endlessly.
    IMO despite his reform, he is in the same boat as Doom. The public at large know about through them through their publicly bad deeds. Probably 99.9 percent of the current MU Earth population aren't even aware that they wouldn't even exist without Doom thwarting the grand design of the Beyonders. Doesn't matter to them. No one but Doctor Strange would even entertain the idea that he was trying to reform in Infamous Iron Man....so he's like forget that crap.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    You're more generous than me considering it was a response to this post. It makes no sense not to be specific about the noun being used in any reply. But let the little cheerleader squaddies have their fun.

Just using your equation, strider.
    Please don't call me Strider.

The "S" word represents everything I hate.
    Just call me Alex.

Last edited by Striderblack01; 07-28-2020 at 10:04 AM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Please don't call me Strider.

The "S" word represents everything I hate.
    Just call me Alex.

?????

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    You're on fire recently, strider.
    Okay Alex. Let me know who you're going to be tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would, were I a mutant, feel like it's now a bit more urgent to find something other than Reed's unstable molecules, to make mutant powers-resistant clothing out of. Being dependent on Reed's tech, and having zero idea what sort of stuff he's got to mess with it (turning your own costume into a rigid entangling straight-jacket!), even if it's just the ability to track it anywhere and always know where you are, seems like a risk to take, after alienating the man.

Forge (perhaps Beast, Sage, etc.) should be able to come up with an alternative, even if it's just an organic-derived clothing grown from the hair and cells of the actual mutant themselves, and then colored, textured and woven appropriately to appear to be / feel like normal linen or leather (since most mutant's powers already affect their own skin and hair, so it should be simple to retain that quality in cloned tissue, allowing, say, Match, to have a suit made that's resistant to his own fire, but indistinguishable from normal cloth/leather, Rahne can have one that melds into her own skin and hair when she shapeshifts, etc.).

A mutant solution, for mutants. No more unstable molecules!
    PREACH Sutekh!

I kind of forgot this storyline existed but it looks like I haven't missed much. I'm sure Kitty gaining a new power is going to be abandoned.

Gurl you're pressed inside that armor.

As whatever you say about Magneto, you can always find a scan that supports the allegation and another one that denies it, it can go on endlessly.
    Truth! This goes for many debates indeed.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Lol you're right about that, Zelena.

Should one go with the most recent arc/portrayal though? He's had a slow (with ups and downs) arc that brought him more to be on the antihero side than straight up villain like in other takes.
    Last edited by Veitha; 07-28-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Gurl you're pressed inside that armor.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

get 'er jade

Lol you're right about that, Zelena.

Should one go with the most recent arc/portrayal though? He's had a slow (with ups and downs) arc that brought him more to be on the antihero side than straight up villain like in other takes.
    Personally, I have a soft spot for the jaded old sage who has seen and done everything.

But he’s not the one that is the most favoured by recent authors: not enough macho…

So, probably anti-hero… whatever it means. Maybe a creature that isn’t quite horrible without being that nice. Hard to pin.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I would love that too. No more hero vs. hero fighting stuff. One can dream^^

And I hope if this ends they do not get back to the "mutants are hated and killed on sight" or even registered. Better relationship between the two groups would be great. Not without problems but not the "kill them on sight" either.
    Wholeheartedly agree...if you've read some of my longer posts on that subject.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree...if you've read some of my longer posts on that subject.
    Yeah. Yeah that's what should have happened 20 years ago instead of retreading the same mutant registration/Sentinel/bad future story line over and over and over again. Granted I do understand that people still want to tell stories about Sentinels. They are an iconic X-Men villain after all. I just think the Days of Future past story needs to finally FINALLY be done and buried.

Side note, it kinda sucks all my favorite villains are now on the same side as the X-Men. Leaving only.....sigh....the sentinels....Oh and a bunch of old ladies........and apparently the rest of the super hero community.