Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Sue unleashes a mother's fury on them, Reed makes better sentinels, Johnny torches the island to a crisp and Ben shows how it is he managed to knock out Banner in one punch.

Oh and Valeria gets Doctor Doom involved and they show what super intelligent Homo Sapiens can do when they are motivated.

But what are the odds they would do something as stupid as putting Franklin up against Apocalypse?
    you could've just said "DIE MUTIES DIE" and gone at the start of the thread instead of all this

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Which is completely different from the assertion that Apocalypse is acting as some sort of a cult leader or initiating members into said cult.
    Being mutant already means, for Apocalypse, being a member of chosen people.
    In our society, being in a cult means being apart but the mutants are already apart.
    Who will be the leader? I find Xavier and Magneto rather passive towards Apocalypse…

What it actually is is a political move aimed at getting currently powerless mutants to seriously consider undergoing having their respective powers regained through the process that involved The Five.
    Political moves don’t mean many things: power conquest or preservation of power…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    And it's also to avoid mass suicides which the Five can't handle.
    Of course.

There are a few obvious political/logistical realities that said process was obviously put in place to contend with.

We know that to be the case because nothing that we have seen points to any large number of those powerless mutants have killed themselves in the time since the initial Crucible.
    But they don't have to do it in such a brutal way. They can schedule it and euthanize the depowered mutant without an audience and Apocalypse getting a thrill out of it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    But they don't have to do it in such a brutal way. They can schedule it and euthanize the depowered mutant without an audience and Apocalypse getting a thrill out of it.
    I've had this discussion in this forum before, the argument is this: because the Quiet Council voted for the Crucible it's the only choice they need. Ignore any attempts the QC would have went through to get to this decision, if it didn't happen in a comic they just voted on Apocalypse's idea and that's the end of it. Forget fact that the ritualistic elements are an aesthetic made by Apocalypse, which he's exploiting to the hilt for his political purposes and being a known successful cult leader, for absolutely no reason to allow the Five to activate the process.

Politely?

You are laying out an obviously brutal scenario while trying to tell me why another situation was brutal.

Extraordinary Member

Politely?

You are laying out an obviously brutal scenario while trying to tell me why another situation was brutal.
    Lethal injection. Much less painful and brutal than getting run thru with a sword.

Ultimate Member

Could be worse. I feel like Apocalypse's whole 'fight and die to prove your dedication to being a mutant' aspect of the Crucible would have just as pleased him if the ex-mutants were strapping bombs to their chests and blowing up enemies of mutantkind to earn the right to get a new body with powers. This might be the case where others on the Quiet Council talked him down to something less mad terrorist-y than he might have started with.

Lethal injection. Much less painful and brutal than getting run thru with a sword.
    You are talking about a group of second class citizens waiting for their turn to be put down for who knows how long.

Giving them their own call in their fate is far less brutal than what is in blue.

You are talking about a group of second class citizens waiting for their turn to be put down for who knows how long.
    And why do they feel second-class citizens to begin with? The depowered could very well be valuable members of the society until it’s their turn to die and get their powers again.
    Either they’re talked down like the mutants talk down the humans or the depowered are considered as humans, which are talked down, until they got their powers again.
    The fact that the Krakoan society only values people who have powers is one of the reasons why the term “fascist” has been used to define this society.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    you could've just said "DIE MUTIES DIE" and gone at the start of the thread instead of all this
    You must be under the false impression that i somehow hate the X-men or mutants don't you? If so, you have my pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Really could have lol, Krakoa will live on though and thrive

You must be under the false impression that i somehow hate the X-men or mutants don't you? If so, you have my pity.
    Then why are you posting about torching the island until everyone is dead and sentinels?

well you wished for Reed to make sentinels and Johnny to torch an island full of children and civilians.

Atleast we now know how a few of you would act if mutants existed in our world lol smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Atleast we now know how a few of you would act if mutants existed in our world lol smh.
    Oh, there are definitely more evil people in our world than Cameron Hodge & Cassandra Nova.